Fruitport daycare closed after child ...

Fruitport daycare closed after child found dead

There are 186 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from Apr 3, 2008, titled Fruitport daycare closed after child found dead. In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

A Fruiport group home daycare has been closed after a child was found dead there last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

Since: Feb 08

Grand Haven

#162 Apr 5, 2008
Single mom wrote:
<quoted text>You have a husband!! Some woman or men are single parents...with no child support!! Get a grip!! Not all have to the luxury to stay at home. It costs money to be able to start your own business...what do you do in the meantime?? Be realistic people not all people have the luxury of staying home!!
You call living paycheck to paycheck a luxury? WOW what a screwed up vision of the world.
LAURIE R

Centerville, UT

#163 Apr 5, 2008
CassieG wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine. Don't listen if you don't want to.
And I am not a troll. I have no personal interest in promoting either of these individuals or organizations. I posted this information on the WOOD forum, and apparently there are some here on the WZZM forum who had not seen it yet. I am merely trying to be helpful and provide examples to show people that IT CAN BE DONE.
But if you wish to be stubborn and continue to put your kids in daycare, then go ahead. I said it once earlier, considering how well this state oversees daycares, I wouldn't take the chance.
Cassie, I have noticed you have several postings on this article. It appears you have nothing to do but play on your computer. You have comments every day, several times a day. Maybe you should stop telling other people what to do, shut your computer off and watch your own children. I'm sure you spend more time on your computer than the average daycare provider does.
CYNDIE

Centerville, UT

#164 Apr 5, 2008
HunterandBellas momma wrote:
<quoted text>Honey I live in the real world. It's called paycheck to paycheck. AND FOR THE LAST TIME IF YOU IDIOTS WOULD READ THE ENTIRE THING BEFORE YOU GO SPOUTING OFF, I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT SINGLE PARENT HOUESHOLDS.
NO HONEY, YOU AND YOUR NEGATIVE FRIENDS WERE TRASHING DAYCARES IN GENERAL. I HOPE YOUR PAY CHECK TO PAY CHECK DOESN'T GET DOWNSIZED BY OUR WONDERFUL ECONOMY. I HOPE YOUR PAY CHECK TO PAYCHECK DOESN'T COME HOME WITH AN INJURY. SOUND LIKE YOU NEED A JOB!

Since: Feb 08

Grand Haven

#165 Apr 5, 2008
CYNDIE wrote:
<quoted text> NO HONEY, YOU AND YOUR NEGATIVE FRIENDS WERE TRASHING DAYCARES IN GENERAL. I HOPE YOUR PAY CHECK TO PAY CHECK DOESN'T GET DOWNSIZED BY OUR WONDERFUL ECONOMY. I HOPE YOUR PAY CHECK TO PAYCHECK DOESN'T COME HOME WITH AN INJURY. SOUND LIKE YOU NEED A JOB!
FIRST OF ALL THEY ARENT MY FRIENDS. SECOND IF YOU HAD SOME EXPERIENCES OTHERS HAVE HAD WITH DAYCARES YOU WOULD FEEL THE SAME WAY. SO DONT EVEN TELL ME ANYTHING UNTIL YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED IT. BY THE WAY, STAYING HOME WITH MY KIDS IS A WHOLE LOT MORE IMPORTANT THAN SOME MEASLY JOB. I WORKED EVERYDAY SINCE I WAS 14 UNTIL MY SECOND CHILD WAS BORN. MY KIDS ARE ALOT HEALTHIER AND HAPPIER THAT I AM HERE AND SO AM I.
mom of 2

Salt Lake City, UT

#166 Apr 5, 2008
HunterandBellas momma wrote:
<quoted text>Honey I live in the real world. It's called paycheck to paycheck. AND FOR THE LAST TIME IF YOU IDIOTS WOULD READ THE ENTIRE THING BEFORE YOU GO SPOUTING OFF, I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT SINGLE PARENT HOUESHOLDS.
Wow, you seem to take a negative spin on everyone. No need to call people names. I never said anything about you referring to single households. I was just talking about my situation and how others may be dealing with their lives.I think most of us life paycheck to paycheck. Relax.
single mom

United States

#167 Apr 5, 2008
HunterandBellas momma wrote:
<quoted text>If you would READ I said a few times I was not talking about single parents. And where did I state that I had my own business? READ PEOPLE BEFORE YOU COMMENT!@!!
I was talking about "opening a business cost money" in general!! I never stated that YOU had a business, but sine your so quick to point that out, why don't you?? You seen to know to know how to have a one parent income down so well!!
mom of 2

Salt Lake City, UT

#168 Apr 5, 2008
HunterandBellas momma wrote:
<quoted text>FIRST OF ALL THEY ARENT MY FRIENDS. SECOND IF YOU HAD SOME EXPERIENCES OTHERS HAVE HAD WITH DAYCARES YOU WOULD FEEL THE SAME WAY. SO DONT EVEN TELL ME ANYTHING UNTIL YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED IT. BY THE WAY, STAYING HOME WITH MY KIDS IS A WHOLE LOT MORE IMPORTANT THAN SOME MEASLY JOB. I WORKED EVERYDAY SINCE I WAS 14 UNTIL MY SECOND CHILD WAS BORN. MY KIDS ARE ALOT HEALTHIER AND HAPPIER THAT I AM HERE AND SO AM I.
That is great for you and your family. I am glad that it works for you. But it can't work for all.My kids are happy and healthy too. They are both in school now, but when they did have to go to daycare for a short time, they where still happy and healthy. They are not scarred or damaged because they went to daycare. They are two very strong willed, smart boys. I am very proud of them. They do great in school and are well mannered.I guess I could go on all day about my boys, so I will stop now:)
single mom

United States

#169 Apr 5, 2008
mom of 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I like you:) I agree. I ran a daycare for 9 years and it is a great way for children to 'break out of their shell' so to speak. I had some parents bring their children in just for that reason. They did not work but just wanted the socialization aspect of a daycare. It is also a great way to prepare a child for school. It is a whiole lot cheaper than preschool, but yet sometimes gives the same benefits. My older son was in my dayacre and never went to preachool but had all the right skills for kindergarten when it was time. There are alot of great aspects of daycare. People just need to be aware when choosing one for their family.
My daughter loves going to her daycare, which actually is early learning childhood developement center, she is now in the precshool program. I like it there so much that she will stay there until kindergarten. My oldest daughter did the one thru Grand Haven schools and learned nothing like my little one. There are some days that I feel guilty for not taking her because it takes her out of her routine!! It is great place. Kids are not just doing there own thing, it is very structured, they are always doing some kind of activity. But what some mothers don't understand that it was very difficult for me to leave my child with anyone!! My children are my life!! And no choice is easy for me!! But I have put myself thru Nursing School and I support my children. I don't have to rely on a husband, because some woman will lose that and have nothing to fall back on. It is really sad. More power to those that can stay home,

Since: Feb 08

Grand Haven

#170 Apr 5, 2008
mom of 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you seem to take a negative spin on everyone. No need to call people names. I never said anything about you referring to single households. I was just talking about my situation and how others may be dealing with their lives.I think most of us life paycheck to paycheck. Relax.
I was actually talking to this cyndie character that seems to think I am trashing people. She has come on here yelling (caps lock on) at things and doesn't read all the way across. I am not saying anything against people who do take their kids to daycare. What I am saying is people are saying it is completely impossible and it's not. I was also talking from my experiences with daycare in general. I took my son to two licensed daycares and had bad experiences with both. For him, it improved his health tremendously. My son is very smart, and way advanced for his age. Some social skills he learned in daycare do help.
single mom

United States

#171 Apr 5, 2008
HunterandBellas momma wrote:
<quoted text>You call living paycheck to paycheck a luxury? WOW what a screwed up vision of the world.
I never said anything about living paycheck to paycheck!! Your so very defensive!! Most people do live paycheck to paycheck.....and if your so upset about that, than go to work!! That is your choice!!

Since: Feb 08

Grand Haven

#172 Apr 5, 2008
single mom wrote:
<quoted text>I never said anything about living paycheck to paycheck!! Your so very defensive!! Most people do live paycheck to paycheck.....and if your so upset about that, than go to work!! That is your choice!!
Once again, go back and read what you wrote and what I replied. You said "some of us dont have the luxury of staying home" Me being home isnt a luxury. Going to starbucks every day is a luxury, owning a brand new suv is a luxury. We live paycheck to paycheck so I can stay home. Not a luxury

Since: Feb 08

Grand Haven

#173 Apr 5, 2008
That would be post 154 by the way.
single mom

United States

#174 Apr 5, 2008
HunterandBellas momma wrote:
<quoted text>Once again, go back and read what you wrote and what I replied. You said "some of us dont have the luxury of staying home" Me being home isnt a luxury. Going to starbucks every day is a luxury, owning a brand new suv is a luxury. We live paycheck to paycheck so I can stay home. Not a luxury
That is your choice!!Don't knock those that do! I am single and have to work, but in todays world even two parent families have to work, depending on there financial stability!! Some are not able to make it with one income....

Since: Feb 08

Grand Haven

#175 Apr 5, 2008
UGH this is like beating a brick wall....
mom of 2

Salt Lake City, UT

#176 Apr 5, 2008
HunterandBellas momma wrote:
UGH this is like beating a brick wall....
Then don't beat it. You are happy with staying home(I assume).I am happy working and being a mom. I have it both ways..time with my children and a career . I love both.
Single mom

Grand Haven, MI

#177 Apr 5, 2008
mom of 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then don't beat it. You are happy with staying home(I assume).I am happy working and being a mom. I have it both ways..time with my children and a career . I love both.
Well said!
OMG

Amelia Court House, VA

#178 Apr 5, 2008
LAURIE R wrote:
<quoted text>Cassie, I have noticed you have several postings on this article. It appears you have nothing to do but play on your computer. You have comments every day, several times a day. Maybe you should stop telling other people what to do, shut your computer off and watch your own children. I'm sure you spend more time on your computer than the average daycare provider does.
Hmmm, defensive much?

Actually, Cassie didn't even show up til page 4 of this discussion, which was Thursday, and the majority of her posts were all on Friday, and none on Saturday. Must be that she really does have a life.

I have a life, too, and I came here to express my condolences. I am amazed that this discussion has now turned into nothing but a bunch of bitties who have nothing better to do than go on a stupid online message board. If I wanted to hear this much b.itching, I'd go see my mother in law.

So sorry for the loss. Prayers are on the way. Hope everyone is doing okay.
CONCERNED IN WYOMING

United States

#179 Apr 5, 2008
Cupcake wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't count how many other types of stories I have seen on the news where they drive to the home, to the business, to the school, to the parking lot, to the crash site, to take pictures. Not just pictures of structures, but pictures of house fires and pictures of crashed up vehicles where victims were killed. They showed the home where all the animals were found dead. They showed the home where the people were bound and gagged in the middle of the night. They showed the home where the stepfather killed his wife, his son, and then himself before CPS could get the kid out of that abusive nuthouse.
They do it ALL THE TIME. TV journalism is all about the audio and the visual. They need pictures to go with the speech. Get used to it.
VERY SAD ,JUST MY POINT,,ANY DIRT, THEY WILL SHOW IT OR WRITE IT,,TO BAD THEY DONT DO ALOT MORE POSSITIVE STORIES,,THERE ARE SOME OUT THERE. AND BY THE WAY I WAS NOT DOWNING DAYCARE AT ALL.I DID IT MYSELF AND IT WAS A GREAT TIME OF MY LIFE,SO I HOPE ALL IS WELL FOR THE FAMILYS........LARGE PRINT=BAD EYES...
CONCERNED IN WYOMING

United States

#180 Apr 5, 2008
CONCERNED IN WYOMING wrote:
<quoted text> VERY SAD ,JUST MY POINT,,ANY DIRT, THEY WILL SHOW IT OR WRITE IT,,TO BAD THEY DONT DO ALOT MORE POSSITIVE STORIES,,THERE ARE SOME OUT THERE. AND BY THE WAY I WAS NOT DOWNING DAYCARE AT ALL.I DID IT MYSELF AND IT WAS A GREAT TIME OF MY LIFE,SO I HOPE ALL IS WELL FOR THE FAMILYS........LARGE PRINT=BAD EYES...
OOPS SORRY.WRONG BUTTON....
kady

Bradenton, FL

#181 Apr 6, 2008
I am human.. atleast I admitted my mistake.. and I wasnt totally off by no means.. the reason i said it was because the lady i worked for told me that.. and what she must have ment was each of us could have 2 under 18 months and not just 2 under 18 months all together.. and I double checked to make sure I wasnt makeing a mistake and found that out.. and again we are all human and I am not perfect .. atlease I can admitt it!
Cupcake wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironic isn't it that you know your stuff SO WELL that you had to consult with the book today to find out that you were off on your numbers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fruitport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jessica Heeringa found: This guy started the rumor (Jun '13) Apr 3 A friend 5
Scagel place Mar '17 Auld Skool 1
Andrew Raymond (Andy) MT. Garfield (Feb '13) Mar '17 Jesserap 4
Teen Challenge Exposed! (May '07) Mar '17 TJJ 199
News BH Leaders Call For Action To Save Local Schools Jan '17 marvinlzinn 1
Muskegon County Mugshots (Nov '10) Jan '17 Luke 6
News Second Muskegon man charged with murder in WMU ... Dec '16 Mimi 1

Fruitport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fruitport Mortgages