Child dies at daycare facility

A young child was found dead at a daycare last week, but it does not appear the death was criminal. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
mom of 2

Washington, MI

#82 Apr 10, 2008
Jason in 08 wrote:
Not even sure where this one went with the skin showing, two things women do better riddle, and the like.......lol awesome
Not sure where that went either....:)
Gail in Wyoming

Wixom, MI

#83 Apr 10, 2008
Gail in Wyoming wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care how protective you are of your children. There is no possible way to know what is going on every second of every day. It doesn't matter whether you are home with them or have them in daycare, there are always times when the children are out of your sight, unless you have them tethered to your belt or apron.
mom of 2 from fowlerville wrote:
<quoted text>wanna make a bet? They will be plastered to my hip until they are on their ways to college! I don't care what any of you say, that is why they are my children. I will control everything that happens in their life including my "poor" husband. Ask your hubbby's, I'll bet they say you were more like me, and didn't let him do anything...they are just men! Good for 2 things! Cleaning and raising children ain't any of them...Don't twist to much of this posting...I love my husband very much, he just can't do what I do...And I know there are some women out there who know what I mean.
What are you kidding? Do you take the kids into the bathroom with you? What are your kids doing while you are on the computer? Do you make them stay at the kitchen table while you make dinner? What if they start playing in the house and go in two different directions-how do you keep your eyes these kids at the same time?

And what about you having control until they are off to college? That's silly, as they will be leaving your "hip" when they go off to school.

Look, what I'm saying is that there is always some circumstance in which your child can't be seen all of the time.
Oh Please

Amelia Court House, VA

#84 Apr 10, 2008
The whole reason that this discussion was revived began with a woman who posted that her oldest child found out something bad was going on in their daycare and now she is a sahm. Then mom of 2 from Fowlerville criticized her for leaving her kids in the daycare, saying that it was her fault and that she should have known that something was going on. When I called her on it, she said that it's a parent's job to know what is going on with their child at all times.

However, this mom of 2 has also posted that she works to provide her kids with extras. So I am still waiting to find out from mom of 2 from Fowlerville if she puts her kids in daycare and if she does, how is she supposed to be in control of everything they do every minute of the day?
gr woman

United States

#85 Jun 11, 2008
Mecosta News Man wrote:
I do recall an incident not to long ago, back on 2/21/08. It was at a day care home in Plainfield Township on Cannonsburg Rd.
According to the Medical Examiner's Office the two year old child "Keenan Marshall" died accidentally because he ingested acetone or isopropyl.
Rubbing alcohol {isopropyl} and fingernail polish remover {acetone} were found in the home of Melissa VanFossen the day care provider. No one at that home witnessed Keenan drinking any chemicals.
During an investigation the Michigan Department of Human Services found violations of bedding and sleep equipment, night time care, medication, home maintenance and safety, heating, ventilation, lighting, animals and pets, and parent notification of incidents, accidents or illness.
As a result they suspended Melissa VanFossen's day care license.
I guess what I'm saying here is we need to be more alert to dangerous chemicals that can be found in our homes.
Keep safety locks on cupboards, and store things up high where children can't reach.
Bright one...that's not what happened at all. Good try sounding smart, but you failed. The investigation is on going...no finger prints were ever found on either bottle. Try again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fruitport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Muskegon Heights Boy Scout Camp? Tue achilles3456 1
Restaurant review: Boar's Belly a welcome addit... Oct 19 Brandon Champion III 2
Holland man found sleeping in Mason County hote... Oct 7 disco stu 2
Free movie tickets! (May '09) Sep 30 marlene70 13
Grand Rapids man robbed at Nunica Rest Stop (Jan '09) Sep '14 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 7
Man came to door wanting me to vote Sep '14 backdrop001 1
Jessica Heeringa (Aug '13) Sep '14 Prayers for Jessica 11
Fruitport Dating
Find my Match

Fruitport Jobs

Fruitport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fruitport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fruitport

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]