Child dies at daycare facility

A young child was found dead at a daycare last week, but it does not appear the death was criminal. Full Story
Gail in Wyoming

Wixom, MI

#62 Apr 5, 2008
Aimee friend of family wrote:
The mother of this child in this tragic situation is a coworker and personal friend of mine. I think alot of what is being said could be more hurtful to her and that is not what their family needs right now. Everyone has their opinion about what they feel is right, but this IS NOT about you. Please be considerate to this grieving family and have some compassion when commenting on here! There is no reason to battle back and forth with each other...instead maybe you could speak some kind words to the family. That should be what this is for!!
My heart goes out to the family, friends, and daycare provider. We don't know all of the details-only what has been printed. I certainly hope the media does a follow up story to let everyone know. This is a tragedy, and I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a child. My prayers are with you all.
Tori

Holland, MI

#63 Apr 5, 2008
quit complaining wrote:
because it's every woman's dream to give up her career to have children. just because you have kids does not mean you want to stay at home with them. having children in today's overpopulated world is selfish and narcissistic. shame on all of you for overpopulating the world more. it's called birth control.
Shame on you for trying to play God...He controls who and when they have babies. Nothing wrong with that. Serve God first ..That's being a Christian.
Gail in Wyoming

Wixom, MI

#64 Apr 6, 2008
Not everyone has the luxury of being home with their children. Some parents have relatives that can help out and some don't. If you have to work, then you just hope you have made the right choice for a daycare for your children. The truth is, that you will never know unless something happens or you are lucky enough to be lucky in your choice.

Nobody wants to see children hurt or killed. The public is always outraged by these incidents, and it seems like it happens way to often.

“...all but 6...UNLESS”

Since: Mar 08

The Merry Ol Land Of Oz

#65 Apr 6, 2008
Tori wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame on you for trying to play God...He controls who and when they have babies. Nothing wrong with that. Serve God first ..That's being a Christian.
No, shame on YOU:
1) for lacking understanding of which you speak [or in this case, type]; G-d does not "control" anything; I think it has something to do with that "free will" thing
AND
2) for telling anyone what a "Christian" is
momof2

Lansing, MI

#66 Apr 9, 2008
Oh please wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that she knew about what was going on at the daycare before she finally pulled the kids out??? How do you know that she didn't pull them out as soon as she found out, in 2006????
Talk about being judgmental when you don't have all the facts...
What a bunch of hypocrites.
im sorry...its your job as a parent to know whats going on all the time!!! that my view on parenting. I don't let my kids go outside with out me or my husband present, and most the time its me, b/c my own husband can't do things the way I would... He lets them be kids, I yes am over baring! and proud of it! I have the best kids in the world b/c of it!
Oh Please

Amelia Court House, VA

#67 Apr 9, 2008
momof2 wrote:
<quoted text>im sorry...its your job as a parent to know whats going on all the time!!! that my view on parenting. I don't let my kids go outside with out me or my husband present, and most the time its me, b/c my own husband can't do things the way I would... He lets them be kids, I yes am over baring! and proud of it! I have the best kids in the world b/c of it!
There is a mom of 2 posting from Muskegon and a mom of 2 posting from Fowlerville. IF you are one and the same then you are sounding more and more like a hypocrite. You say that it's your job as a parent to know what's going on all the time, yet you put your kids in daycare and can't possibly know what happens all the time because you are not there!

If there are two of "mom of 2" and you are not one and the same, the one posting from Fowlerville stated that you work as well. Do you not place your child in daycare as well?

This mother, Connie NE Grand Rapids, said that she took her kids out of daycare, yet she did not specify exactly when, so therefore you cannot simply assume that she left her kids in a daycare in which she knew that something bad was going on.

That's what gets me so peeved at this forum. When it come to assuming things about people when not all the fats are known, it's okay for some people on this forum , yet it's not okay for others.
Jason in 08

Byron Center, MI

#68 Apr 10, 2008
Tori wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what kind of church you go to, but, mines full of people that have made mistakes, and its FULL of sinners, every single one of us. While your theory on God controlling who has and who has not sounds nice at first..........we just had a little boy 4 months ago through IVF, because of complications that my wife hadm so, tell me that God didnt want my little bot to exist....That, or the fact that God gave some people the brains to help others out, maybe thats it..........
Gail in Wyoming

Wixom, MI

#69 Apr 10, 2008
momof2 wrote:
<quoted text>im sorry...its your job as a parent to know whats going on all the time!!! that my view on parenting. I don't let my kids go outside with out me or my husband present, and most the time its me, b/c my own husband can't do things the way I would... He lets them be kids, I yes am over baring! and proud of it! I have the best kids in the world b/c of it!
I don't care how protective you are of your children. There is no possible way to know what is going on every second of every day. It doesn't matter whether you are home with them or have them in daycare, there are always times when the children are out of your sight, unless you have them tethered to your belt or apron.
mom of 2

Washington, MI

#70 Apr 10, 2008
Two different mom of 2. I am from muskegon. Sorry for the confusion. I think she has no space in her name now? I have been her for awhile, same name:)
mom of 2

Washington, MI

#71 Apr 10, 2008
momof2 wrote:
How old are your kids?
I feel for your husband. That is no way to make him feel like he is your equal. How do you think he feels, when you make him feel he can't even take care of his OWN kids? Wow....our kids may grow to resent you some day.They need to learn boundries and limits...they can't do that if all you do is hover. It's hard, but start out little by little. Just a suggestion. You can't be there every second...they do grow up ya know.
mom of 2 from fowlerville

Lansing, MI

#72 Apr 10, 2008
Oh Please wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a mom of 2 posting from Muskegon and a mom of 2 posting from Fowlerville. IF you are one and the same then you are sounding more and more like a hypocrite. You say that it's your job as a parent to know what's going on all the time, yet you put your kids in daycare and can't possibly know what happens all the time because you are not there!
If there are two of "mom of 2" and you are not one and the same, the one posting from Fowlerville stated that you work as well. Do you not place your child in daycare as well?
This mother, Connie NE Grand Rapids, said that she took her kids out of daycare, yet she did not specify exactly when, so therefore you cannot simply assume that she left her kids in a daycare in which she knew that something bad was going on.
That's what gets me so peeved at this forum. When it come to assuming things about people when not all the fats are known, it's okay for some people on this forum , yet it's not okay for others.
I am my own person...not the same. FYI
mom of 2 from fowlerville

Lansing, MI

#73 Apr 10, 2008
Gail in Wyoming wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care how protective you are of your children. There is no possible way to know what is going on every second of every day. It doesn't matter whether you are home with them or have them in daycare, there are always times when the children are out of your sight, unless you have them tethered to your belt or apron.
wanna make a bet? They will be plastered to my hip until they are on their ways to college! I don't care what any of you say, that is why they are my children. I will control everything that happens in their life including my "poor" husband. Ask your hubbby's, I'll bet they say you were more like me, and didn't let him do anything...they are just men! Good for 2 things! Cleaning and raising children ain't any of them...Don't twist to much of this posting...I love my husband very much, he just can't do what I do...And I know there are some women out there who know what I mean.
Scarred from the visual

Anchorage, AK

#74 Apr 10, 2008
momof2 (the Fowlerville one) wrote:

... He lets them be kids, I yes am over baring! and proud of it! I have the best kids in the world b/c of it!

Would we or the daycare *industry* like to know how too much of your skin showing has improved the lives of your children ?
disappointed

United States

#75 Apr 10, 2008
CassieG wrote:
The headline should have read:
Another child dies at a daycare facility.
I am not saying that the daycare provider was at fault. I won't go there. But how many more children have to die at daycares before parents start staying home and taking care of their own kids?
you should also go post in the food stamp forum. If you think that we should stay home, then may I ask how we will support our children? If we draw assistance from the state, then how will you feel? This isn't 1950 and it's not that simple anymore. It takes two incomes sometimes more to have a family, should we stop having children also? Then no kids would be killed and we wouldn't have this problem either? I think it's about time people are a little more responsible with WHERE they leave thier children. It's also time for our children's caregivers to step up and treat these kids right, follow the rules and train everyone. I feel so bad for this childs parents...how horrible to loose your baby.
fowlerville mom

Lansing, MI

#76 Apr 10, 2008
Scarred from the visual wrote:
momof2 (the Fowlerville one) wrote:
... He lets them be kids, I yes am over baring! and proud of it! I have the best kids in the world b/c of it!
Would we or the daycare *industry* like to know how too much of your skin showing has improved the lives of your children ?
huh? skin showing? explain please...
mom of 2

Washington, MI

#77 Apr 10, 2008
mom of 2 from fowlerville wrote:
<quoted text>wanna make a bet? They will be plastered to my hip until they are on their ways to college! I don't care what any of you say, that is why they are my children. I will control everything that happens in their life including my "poor" husband. Ask your hubbby's, I'll bet they say you were more like me, and didn't let him do anything...they are just men! Good for 2 things! Cleaning and raising children ain't any of them...Don't twist to much of this posting...I love my husband very much, he just can't do what I do...And I know there are some women out there who know what I mean.
They will rebel...good luck with that one. Children need a little bit of freedom to form their own identity. What you are doing WILL make them rebel....but they are YOUR children, so again I say,good luck. BTW, thanks for changing your name.
mom from fowlerville

Lansing, MI

#78 Apr 10, 2008
mom of 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
They will rebel...good luck with that one. Children need a little bit of freedom to form their own identity. What you are doing WILL make them rebel....but they are YOUR children, so again I say,good luck. BTW, thanks for changing your name.
We'll see in the following years to come what both our children are like. Again, I mean no harm for bashing...My kids are still young and I own the right to have control every minute of their life. If it were up to them they'd eat junk all day, watch cartoons and play PS2. Not having that! It is my job as a mother to CONTROL, and limit them...give them boundries. Children NEED boundries. Thats all
Jason in 08

Byron Center, MI

#79 Apr 10, 2008
Not even sure where this one went with the skin showing, two things women do better riddle, and the like.......lol awesome
mom from fowlerville

Lansing, MI

#80 Apr 10, 2008
Jason in 08 wrote:
Not even sure where this one went with the skin showing, two things women do better riddle, and the like.......lol awesome
You and me both...apparently it was directed to me...
mom of 2

Washington, MI

#81 Apr 10, 2008
mom from fowlerville wrote:
<quoted text>We'll see in the following years to come what both our children are like. Again, I mean no harm for bashing...My kids are still young and I own the right to have control every minute of their life. If it were up to them they'd eat junk all day, watch cartoons and play PS2. Not having that! It is my job as a mother to CONTROL, and limit them...give them boundries. Children NEED boundries. Thats all
If you instill in your children,right from wrong, they will make good decisions ,even when you are not there. Of course, they are children, so they are bound to make mistakes, but that is how they learn. Let them learn, don't stiffel that natural curiosity that they have. Mom attached at their hips, does not allow them to grow. But hey, that's just my opinion. My kids are naturally curious about everything...still. They are almost 14 and 8. These are the most curious years and I still allow them to have some freedom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fruitport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Muskegon Heights Boy Scout Camp? 3 hr achilles3456 1
Restaurant review: Boar's Belly a welcome addit... Oct 19 Brandon Champion III 2
Holland man found sleeping in Mason County hote... Oct 7 disco stu 2
Free movie tickets! (May '09) Sep 30 marlene70 13
Grand Rapids man robbed at Nunica Rest Stop (Jan '09) Sep '14 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 7
Man came to door wanting me to vote Sep '14 backdrop001 1
Jessica Heeringa (Aug '13) Sep '14 Prayers for Jessica 11
Fruitport Dating
Find my Match

Fruitport Jobs

Fruitport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fruitport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fruitport

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]