Muskegon sells empty fire station for $1.00

Nov 28, 2012 Full story: WZZM-TV Grand Rapids 16

Muskegon, MI Grand Rapids developer Jon Rooks says he sees untapped potential in Muskegon, and to better supervise his many projects, he is moving the headquarters of his Parkland Properties to Muskegon.

Full Story

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1 Nov 28, 2012
Looks like a really solid structure. I am sure there are many possibilities for renovating it into something successful...there must be more to the story, as to why the city was so aggreeable?
Linda

United States

#2 Nov 28, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Looks like a really solid structure. I am sure there are many possibilities for renovating it into something successful...there must be more to the story, as to why the city was so aggreeable?
Jason provide the proof of your claims. If FOX lies every hour as you say you should have no problem giving a example with the proof that they lied.

Since: Sep 08

Muskegon

#3 Nov 28, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
It's a beautiful building. I'm quite certain the city just wants a business in there, it's been vacant for quite awhile. And if you know anything about downtown Muskegon, there are quite a few vacant properties amidst the ones that have risen from the wreckage of the Muskegon Mall. Charging a lot for it isn't going to be incentive to get the building occupied with a going business.

Location hidden

#4 Nov 28, 2012
radell wrote:
<quoted text>It's a beautiful building. I'm quite certain the city just wants a business in there, it's been vacant for quite awhile. And if you know anything about downtown Muskegon, there are quite a few vacant properties amidst the ones that have risen from the wreckage of the Muskegon Mall. Charging a lot for it isn't going to be incentive to get the building occupied with a going business.
Haven't been to Muskegon in years, but am originally from Grand Haven, and was blown away to see what a great job they did there, making the old, Story & Clark Piano factory into upscale condos....perhaps a lower scale version of something like that?...

Muskegon

#5 Nov 28, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Haven't been to Muskegon in years, but am originally from Grand Haven, and was blown away to see what a great job they did there, making the old, Story & Clark Piano factory into upscale condos....perhaps a lower scale version of something like that?...
The old Knoll Group building, the old Y, and the Amazon building are all condos already. The fire station is way less conducive to that.

Muskegon

#6 Nov 28, 2012
They also have the old brick paper mill buildings to do something with. The old Hackley piano factory.

Location hidden

#7 Nov 28, 2012
radell wrote:
They also have the old brick paper mill buildings to do something with. The old Hackley piano factory.
When i was little, my grampa used to take me to this little shop, along the water, somewhere between GH and Muskegon...a little fish market, where they sold smoked chubs....ever heard of such a place?

Muskegon

#8 Nov 29, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>When i was little, my grampa used to take me to this little shop, along the water, somewhere between GH and Muskegon...a little fish market, where they sold smoked chubs....ever heard of such a place?
Don't know that one.

Location hidden

#9 Nov 29, 2012
radell wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know that one.
...Geez, this is off topic, but i am so pissed about this cheap crap, they sell at Home Depot(Lowes, Menards, Walmart, etc.)....bought this plant/bird feeder hanging bracket....Made in China, of course, but $5...not cheap...anyway, today i go to install it and half way through, the two cheap wood screws, that come with it stripout so bad, it is like, half installed....can't get it all the way on or off....You know, the $5 part does'nt bother me as much as, why they would'nt include two real machined wood screws....if that whole thing, cost more than 50 cents in China to make, i would be shocked....GREED is the enemy of the world.....
Linda

United States

#10 Nov 29, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...Geez, this is off topic, but i am so pissed about this cheap crap, they sell at Home Depot(Lowes, Menards, Walmart, etc.)....bought this plant/bird feeder hanging bracket....Made in China, of course, but $5...not cheap...anyway, today i go to install it and half way through, the two cheap wood screws, that come with it stripout so bad, it is like, half installed....can't get it all the way on or off....You know, the $5 part does'nt bother me as much as, why they would'nt include two real machined wood screws....if that whole thing, cost more than 50 cents in China to make, i would be shocked....GREED is the enemy of the world.....
Sounds like your not mechanically inclined. Obama had 2 years of total control of the House, Senate, and presidency to get any trade policies changed. He had 2 more years with most of the control. So you should of have that more thought when you got to the voting booth. "$5.00... not cheap" you are cheap and greedy!! What would you know about Walmart? Your side is always whining and crying about Walmart. Your side should not be shopping there. Oh ya, your on the side that says do as I say not as I do.
Elephant Gun

Muskegon, MI

#11 Nov 29, 2012
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like your not mechanically inclined. Obama had 2 years of total control of the House, Senate, and presidency to get any trade policies changed. He had 2 more years with most of the control. So you should of have that more thought when you got to the voting booth. "$5.00... not cheap" you are cheap and greedy!! What would you know about Walmart? Your side is always whining and crying about Walmart. Your side should not be shopping there. Oh ya, your on the side that says do as I say not as I do.
This is one of the most ignorant post I've read today and puts you in the stupid catagory with chip and his hostess analysis. TOTAL control means the other side couldnt use the filibuster.
Linda

United States

#12 Nov 29, 2012
Elephant Gun wrote:
<quoted text>This is one of the most ignorant post I've read today and puts you in the stupid catagory with chip and his hostess analysis. TOTAL control means the other side couldnt use the filibuster.
Your obviously a fool. Replace the word "total" with "majority" for the ignorant people. When one party has majority in the three it is very likely that they will get more of their favorable legislation through. Of course they have to actually have legislation to put forth which they were not putting forth any legislation to creat jobs, or for trade like I said. They were fully concerned with Obamacare which destroyed private practices and created job loses along with monopolies. Oh ya it didn't lower cost like we were told it would. It increased cost. So I'm not even sure what the point was in the first place. I guess just to try to make it government care. Then there was that whole "not so shovel ready jobs bill" that "we have to pass to find out what is inside". I hope you are not too ignorant to know why I quoted some of that. If so google it.
Hal Sharp Pen

Hudsonville, MI

#13 Nov 29, 2012
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
Your obviously a fool. Replace the word "total" with "majority" for the ignorant people. When one party has majority in the three it is very likely that they will get more of their favorable legislation through. Of course they have to actually have legislation to put forth which they were not putting forth any legislation to creat jobs, or for trade like I said. They were fully concerned with Obamacare which destroyed private practices and created job loses along with monopolies. Oh ya it didn't lower cost like we were told it would. It increased cost. So I'm not even sure what the point was in the first place. I guess just to try to make it government care. Then there was that whole "not so shovel ready jobs bill" that "we have to pass to find out what is inside". I hope you are not too ignorant to know why I quoted some of that. If so google it.
yo right Linda. Obama blows!
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#14 Apr 18, 2013
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like an angry chinnee business man. Why do I get this impression? lol
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#15 Apr 18, 2013
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
More 'Rob'?? I think I've seen this before.
Dan Da Man

United States

#16 Aug 11, 2013
Do any of ya fer a beer?!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fruitport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) Sep 12 Sybil 95
Jessica Heeringa (Aug '13) Sep 11 Prayers for Jessica 11
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Sep 8 kookierecluse 122
Teen Challenge Exposed! (May '07) Sep 6 tjj 148
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Sep 2 just the tip 303
Golden Corral (Muskegon ) (Mar '11) Aug 31 T Man 11
A strong spirit: 'Save Our City' hosts health s... Aug 21 lonewolf 1
•••
•••
•••

Fruitport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Fruitport People Search