Man accused of shooting dog charged

There are 68 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Apr 10, 2009, titled Man accused of shooting dog charged. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

A Muskegon County man faces felony charges and up to four years in prison if he is convicted of shooting a dog without a just cause.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
From another Mother

Ann Arbor, MI

#67 Apr 13, 2009
Twiggy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know where there is a no kill animal shelter in the GR area? If you do, could you please put it on here?
Thanks
I know of Crash's Landing for cats but maybe they could direct you to one for dogs. I think that your Veterinarian could also give you some names of local shelters or adoption programs. Possibly also the Humane Society.
Juggalotus

Mason, OH

#68 Apr 13, 2009
From another Mother wrote:
<quoted text>
How about taking it to one of the many no kill animal shelters available in your county?
Yeah, they could take it to PETA...oh wait, they kill more animals than any other shelter in the country.

If people were responsible with their pets, shelters wouldn't be over-crowded and need to put down those they have no room for.
air

United States

#69 Apr 13, 2009
Man only in the USA. Cop shot unarmed man,could get two years. Man shot dog could get four? Give me a break tha just fubared
angered

Syracuse, NY

#70 Apr 15, 2009
nohelp from vectorcontrol wrote:
I hope the man gets off, cause if the owner can't control his dog and he wondered on to my property I would have shot that dog too. He has rights to protect his property and family, and it is not like he killed the thing, if it were me it would have been lights out for that dog!!
I doubt that he was "protecting his property", the dog walked in his yard, big deal! I can't even imagine shooting something because it was on my land. I often get strays in my yard but I'd never even think of shooting them. The grandkids let me know there's a dog in the yard so we check for tags and find the owners. We make sure the lost animals are fed and watered until their owners arrive. All of the lost animals has taught the kids compassion and kindness toward animals and other people. I would hope that when you consider putting an animals "lights out" that there are no children around....you could be raising another jeffrey Dahmer.
angered

Syracuse, NY

#71 Apr 15, 2009
ron wrote:
omfg...reading these statements from people makes me say...stupid people shouldnt breed....the dog was friendly..the guy who shot the dog was acting out of revenge...this idiot used stupid judgement and deserves what he gets...some of you people read what ya want to see and not what is written...you people scare the hell out of me.
I agree totally! Until I started reading these posts I never realized how many hateful people were in the world.
From another Mother

Ann Arbor, MI

#72 Apr 15, 2009
angered wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree totally! Until I started reading these posts I never realized how many hateful people were in the world.
It seems to be on this post that most people are rude and tend to call names. Other posts are not like this.
sam

Syracuse, NY

#73 Apr 15, 2009
air wrote:
Man only in the USA. Cop shot unarmed man,could get two years. Man shot dog could get four? Give me a break tha just fubared
When you put it that way it sure seems like things are messed up!
Juggalotus

Mason, OH

#74 Apr 16, 2009
sam wrote:
<quoted text>
When you put it that way it sure seems like things are messed up!
He's just upset that the cop isn't getting the death penalty while having his body put on display to show everyone "what happens to cops".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fruitport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cellphone 3 hr hfz 1
Debate: Ferguson - Spring Lake, MI Sun stryker 2
News Restaurant review: Boar's Belly a welcome addit... (Oct '14) May 18 dnsib1 4
PC Doc May 18 Oscar 1
Review: Touch Of Class Auto Wash Apr 29 B Ross 1
Free movie tickets! (May '09) Apr 28 Carol Taylor 19
News Top 5 things to do in Muskegon area this week: ... Apr '15 benny 1
More from around the web

Fruitport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]