WZZM 13 Grand Rapids, Michigan - Muskegon Inmates Get Out Of Ja...

Muskegon County- The inmate population is swelling. So many have been convicted, West Michigan jails are running out of room. Full Story
anonymous

Fort Wayne, IN

#1 Mar 27, 2007
Hello,
I realize its a bit late but the conditions of that jail are drastically underestimated. I served 7 months in that jail and it is a hell hole. They do let violent criminals out early because I saw it with my own eyes, just before I had to go to the hospital for face fractures because the jail medical department didnt care enough to keep me in a safe place. I had to have a scan on my face and had considerable damage done because the guards in that jail act like criminals and encourage violence. I Myself was confronted by a police officer more than once in attempt at their part to attack me because there werent any cameras in the higher levels. Another time I was in a holding cell and I saw people get beaten almost to death before any guard would act on it. Something needs to be done about this
wrong dude

Wyoming, MI

#2 Mar 28, 2007
anonymous wrote:
Hello,
I realize its a bit late but the conditions of that jail are drastically underestimated. I served 7 months in that jail and it is a hell hole. They do let violent criminals out early because I saw it with my own eyes, just before I had to go to the hospital for face fractures because the jail medical department didnt care enough to keep me in a safe place. I had to have a scan on my face and had considerable damage done because the guards in that jail act like criminals and encourage violence. I Myself was confronted by a police officer more than once in attempt at their part to attack me because there werent any cameras in the higher levels. Another time I was in a holding cell and I saw people get beaten almost to death before any guard would act on it. Something needs to be done about this
your a criminal you should have no rights at all! you broke the law. not the guards. if you did`nt break the law you would`nt have been in the jail in the first place! stupid!
uNVme

Mosinee, WI

#3 Mar 28, 2007
wrong dude wrote:
<quoted text>your a criminal you should have no rights at all! you broke the law. not the guards. if you did`nt break the law you would`nt have been in the jail in the first place! stupid!
I'm guessing you know no one who has ever went to jail?? Even for the smallest, simplest, thing? Or maybe even for being wrongly accused?? Inmates do & should have rights. It's absurd to me that you would make a comment like this to another human being. Regardless of what he was in jail for, he should not be beaten while there.
wrong dude

Jenison, MI

#4 Mar 29, 2007
yea they have rights, the right to sit down and shut up! i`m so sick of the "they have rights" crap i could puke! what about the victims rights? what about the rights of the people who pay the taxes to house these criminals? and as for not knowing anyone who was in jail. were not talking about jail! where talking about prison! big difference! stupid! i know i know their all wrongly accused! thats why were letting out 5500 of them. they were all wrongly accused too! ha ha ha! what are you one of those munchhousen victims? or did you marry an inmate? because they were a victim of the system? you people have no clue! let me tell you about the guard that was just beaten half to death! by one of your non violent criminals last week at the muskegeon county prison! bye the time the understaffed guards got to him he was already bleeding from the facial wounds and could`nt stand on his own two feet! why don`t you tell his kids, how the people he takes care of are non violent! as they look at their father lying in a hospital bed with over ten stitches in his face! i`m sure they would be glad to hear from you! before you open that pie hole of a mouth, you should know what your talking about first! dumbass!

Since: Mar 07

Newport, Kentucky!!!!!

#5 Mar 29, 2007
DUMBASS?? Lol You bring joy to my day! Go back to what anonymous said...."but the conditions of that JAIL"...I rest my case. I'm sure i lost ya, so I'll explain. DID HE SAY PRISON?? I didn't think so!:) Ten stitches? That's all? Go back to what you said yourself..non-violent criminal. So, did you think about the whole story? What Mr. Nice Guard did/said to this NON-VIOLENT INMATE?
Check your own IQ, there's no need in me worrying about mine!

Newport, Kentucky!!!!!

#6 Mar 29, 2007
wrong dude wrote:
yea they have rights, the right to sit down and shut up! i`m so sick of the "they have rights" crap i could puke! what about the victims rights? what about the rights of the people who pay the taxes to house these criminals? and as for not knowing anyone who was in jail. were not talking about jail! where talking about prison! big difference! stupid! i know i know their all wrongly accused! thats why were letting out 5500 of them. they were all wrongly accused too! ha ha ha! what are you one of those munchhousen victims? or did you marry an inmate? because they were a victim of the system? you people have no clue! let me tell you about the guard that was just beaten half to death! by one of your non violent criminals last week at the muskegeon county prison! bye the time the understaffed guards got to him he was already bleeding from the facial wounds and could`nt stand on his own two feet! why don`t you tell his kids, how the people he takes care of are non violent! as they look at their father lying in a hospital bed with over ten stitches in his face! i`m sure they would be glad to hear from you! before you open that pie hole of a mouth, you should know what your talking about first! dumbass!
DUMBASS?? lol You bring joy to my day! Go back to what anonymous said..."the conditions of that JAIL"...need I say more? I rest my case. Well, I am certain to have confused you so let me explain. He DID NOT say PRISON:). About the guard & the 'non-violent criminal', as you said this yourself, ten stitches...that's it? Hmmm, so did you get the whole scoop as far as what this guard may have said/done to this NON-VIOLENT criminal to entice him to do this? YOU OPENED YOUR MOUTH and PUT YOUR FOOT IN!!
You may want to test your IQ, as I have no need to!:)
dumbass

United States

#7 Mar 31, 2007
uNVme wrote:
DUMBASS?? Lol You bring joy to my day! Go back to what anonymous said...."but the conditions of that JAIL"...I rest my case. I'm sure i lost ya, so I'll explain. DID HE SAY PRISON?? I didn't think so!:) Ten stitches? That's all? Go back to what you said yourself..non-violent criminal. So, did you think about the whole story? What Mr. Nice Guard did/said to this NON-VIOLENT INMATE?
it was a cross between the 5500 out of jackson and the musk,jail-prison. see both on vip visit. not staying like the rest of the article writers here! jail is just the first stop for most of the idiots were describing!
for a good time

United States

#8 Mar 31, 2007
uNVme wrote:
sorry your right, 10 stiches is`nt alot! it took 5 times that to close your other pie hole! have you passed this photo around at visitor day? or was this the photo they passed after they all took turns with you? no wait! i know where i saw you! it was in the third stall at the local truck stop bathroom! it said, "for a good time and she takes all inmate calls!" including last call! suck it!

Newport, Kentucky!!!!!

#9 Apr 1, 2007
for a good time wrote:
<quoted text> sorry your right, 10 stiches is`nt alot! it took 5 times that to close your other pie hole! have you passed this photo around at visitor day? or was this the photo they passed after they all took turns with you? no wait! i know where i saw you! it was in the third stall at the local truck stop bathroom! it said, "for a good time and she takes all inmate calls!" including last call! suck it!
I'd laugh if you came up with somethin' better than what kids were sayin/doin in the eighties. I see you have no pic posted on your profile. Hmmmm, might there be a reason for that?? Sure there is; none other than you're ashamed of 'YOU' & you're afraid of what others might say.:)I can't help that you have problems within yourself.
Concerned citizen

Grand Haven, MI

#10 Apr 10, 2007
The guards in that jail are supposed to be holding a position in the
community of integrity. Assault is assault - no matter if it is an
assault on an inmate or an old lady. Two wrongs don't make a right.
What ever happened to humanity?
wrong dude wrote:
<quoted text>your a criminal you should have no rights at all! you broke the law. not the guards. if you did`nt break the law you would`nt have been in the jail in the first place! stupid!

Newport, Kentucky!!!!!

#11 Apr 10, 2007
Concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
non sheep

United States

#12 Apr 12, 2007
Concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
try this on. what if the non- violent breaks in to your home to steal food or harm your loved ones? what then? they don`t have a chance of getting jobs in this economy. so they revert back to the only thing they know. crime! as soon as some one violates you or some one in your family, you`ll be screaming bloody murder! just remember, you supported these so called non violent criminals.
antibiotic

United States

#13 Apr 12, 2007
uNVme wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
whats up scab?
MrsRight

Empire, MI

#14 Apr 26, 2007
Not that its really my business, but how old are you "for a good time" because if you consider yourself an adult you should think again...you act like you're five, and not that I have much room to talk, but you cant type very well//spell..."is'nt " is actually spelled "isn't".
Anyways, Ive read threw a few comments you have made, and thought, why shouldnt criminals have rights? the victims have had rights just as well as any one else. Yes they have been harmed in some type of way, and Yes I do know what it is like to go threw the pain of losing someone you love and some one that ment a lot to you. But I also know what it is like for people to be in Jail, or prison. even though Im only 16, I think i understand it a lil better than you...everyone is to be treated right weather they are in jail or prison or not. they may have hurt others, but its wrong for gaurds to be able to beat inmates no matter what. put yourself in other positions before you make comments. would you like to be wrongly acused and put in jail and or prison and almost beat to death? I dont think so. and you also have to look at the fact that the officers that do security in jails and prisons, knew there were chances of getting hurt, they knew what they were going into, they could have backed out at any time. Im not saying it is alright to go beat up the security gaurds either, Im just saying everyone should have some kind of rights and everyone should be treated close to equal. I cant say that I dont sometimes wish the people or person that killed one of my best friends (Amanda Lankey RIP baby girl We miss you!!)would get beating and go threw what she did, cuz I have thought/wished that. But when I think about it more, it wont change what happened and I dont want their family to go threw what Amanda's have or what her friends have. what they did was wrong yes, they need to pay for what they did, but you have to realize people can change. I just dont think you act very mature and I think you need to think before you talk. thats just my opinion.
Anthony Padua

United States

#15 Apr 27, 2007
I think it's good for a jail to have a bad reputation. Making them a hell hole acts as a deturrant against crime. I know two guys who say they will never commit a crime again because of how bad the jail and prisons are. There there to be punished, not to be tourists at a resort.
bella

Grand Rapids, MI

#16 Apr 25, 2013
UNVme - shut up ur a racist bastardo shyt happens.
jsutsayin

Traverse City, MI

#17 May 2, 2013
There are people who have committed a crime and have no punishment, others get the extreme. Who suffers??? the families and loved ones. The offender needs to accept the punishment. They need to relive their crime and realize what they have done to the ones that love them, or the innocent person that was hurt. There is no need to degrade another person. The person that committed the crime should pay. Physical abuse is wrong no matter what. Everyone has something to be sorry for, they just need to really be sorry, and learn from their mistakes. A violent offender will not change. They should not have an out date. A non violent offender most likely will not repeat. If they repeat, they pay the price. They made the choice. But at no point should physical abuse be dealt with in the same way by anyone. Guards or not. Some just like to provoke a person because they can, when in reality they are there because they are rejects from other jobs that they could not handle. That is a fact. So to degrade or disrespect another person is just wrong. Criminals need to do their time and employees need to do their jobs. Just be the person you think you are and the world will be a better place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fruitport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen Challenge Exposed! (May '07) Dec 7 Sam 154
union haters (Nov '12) Dec 1 fedora56 2
Debate: Gay Marriage - Muskegon, MI (Aug '10) Nov '14 Brian_G 54
What happened to Joellen Coon? (Apr '13) Nov '14 dave 19
Muskegon Heights Boy Scout Camp? Oct '14 achilles3456 1
Restaurant review: Boar's Belly a welcome addit... Oct '14 Brandon Champion III 2
Holland man found sleeping in Mason County hote... Oct '14 disco stu 2
Fruitport Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Fruitport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fruitport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fruitport

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:56 pm PST