Serval cat running loose in Muskegon County

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

A bear escaped from a Muskegon County sanctuary in late April. It was captured about a week later.
Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Jun 20, 2008
Chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

Before I was even aware of the this Serval cat running loose, I saw it this morning. I was coming home from work and it had crossed in front of me at approx. 5:15 a.m I had to take a double take on it...I thought for a minute it was a Lynx or a small Leopard. I saw this cat on Ravenna rd. just south of Ellis rd. It was traveling west to east going towards another farm. I hope this is of some help.
Chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

Not Gobles Michigan. I live in Ravenna. Above is a typo
jeepie

Sterling Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

Run kitty run. Born Free, Die Free!
Stephanievo5

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

Tell Kitty to come down to my neck of the woods. We have some crows hanging around that need a lesson.
CONCERNED

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

SPCA is there for the good of these animals. Shame on whoever is letting them out? Hopefully they can devise a locking/ alarm system. Agree the area neighbors should be notified when one gets loose. These animals are just acting on their natural instinct. Hopefully he is captured soon and doesn't eat too many more neighborhood pets.
thing2

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

Could come eat the rabbits in my yard before they eat all my landscaping...
and the squirrels...
Jerry

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

I wonder if it would taste like chicken over rice.
TSCO

Cape May, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

This serval cat has been missing for approx. 10 days, so how "full" was the yard of chickens/ducks? A serval will eat one bird a day. The serval will not attack nor eat a dog. It will attack a domesticatd cat, but not eat it. All domesticated cats should remain inside at all times for their safety. Servals main diet consists of poultry, rodent and insects. It will shy away from humans and any animal that is bigger than they are. It is not an attack cat like your domesticated cat can be, it is a flight cat. It is not a wild cat, it is an exotic cat. The domesticated cat acts more wild, than this exotic cat. According to Animal Planet, the domesticated cat is the number one killer.
Mattyo

Mount Morris, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2008

this is my opinion well it all depends on the help that was hired with all the cut backs in michigan some people are not properly trained in taking care of such animals so really it is whatt some people would call a major oops like everyone did not have one of these in their life this is just my opinion
Mattyo

Mount Morris, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2008

and another thing is that how are average people getting ahold of these types of animals and then finding out that they are more then they can handle it is really not like taking care of a dog or domesticated cat think about it.
Lee

Granbury, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2008

A Serval Cat was recently captured in Battle Creek, it's front paws are declawed, could it be the same cat?

“Hoping to see some good news”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2008

Stupid me, I just assumed "serval cat" was yet another typo...

At first glance my fluent typonese read "Several Cats". I'd be interested to see what a Serval Cat looks like, I've never heard of one. Off to google a picture. I own a Maine Coon, he's my big big big baby. He is afraid of the neighbors 3 lb dog. My cat weighs nearly 20 pounds and growing.
Lee

Granbury, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2008

On another forum I just looked at, someone said they thought it was found already.
Maine Coon cats are great!
Lee

Granbury, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2008

I just read at the Battle Creek news site that they found the owner. I guess both cases are solved, yay!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fruitport Discussions

Search the Fruitport Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) 10 hr gottondas 5,482
Teen Challenge Exposed! (May '07) Jul 12 tjj 147
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul 7 maeball 169
Free movie tickets! (May '09) Jun 27 barbara bellis 12
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Jun 25 lulubell 302
Heroin and Marijuana Jun '14 Tony Rowe 1
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) May '14 Ned Tugent 114
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Muskegon County was issued at July 23 at 3:08PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Fruitport Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Fruitport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000