How is Fruita?
Echo

Wichita, KS

#1 Feb 14, 2008
I am a native of Fruita. How is every thing there? Is the old dino still holding up?
ColoradoCountryG irl

United States

#2 Feb 14, 2008
Don't know how long you've been gone. Dino has been moved to Circle Park. A new school has been built for grades 8 and 9 out by the Monument High School. A new elementary school was built out east of town. Three new hotels on the south side of I-70. A couple of shopping centers there, also. A new resturant called 'Scooters'. Still no movie theater or bowling alley. Lots of new houses. Lots and lots! Anything in particular you want to know?
Echo

Wichita, KS

#3 Feb 15, 2008
ColoradoCountryGirl wrote:
Don't know how long you've been gone. Dino has been moved to Circle Park. A new school has been built for grades 8 and 9 out by the Monument High School. A new elementary school was built out east of town. Three new hotels on the south side of I-70. A couple of shopping centers there, also. A new resturant called 'Scooters'. Still no movie theater or bowling alley. Lots of new houses. Lots and lots! Anything in particular you want to know?
Wow, I left in 1985. Moved to tornado alley. 70 miles north of Tulsa OK. I heard that dino had been moved to the park. I remember I was ticked when I found out that Fruita had a Burger King. We would have loved to have had any recognizable place to eat. Always had to go to Junction. I can not believe the schools!! Is the library still in that really old building on Aspen? I was so small. Used to scare the younger children by telling them the basement was haunted. lol.
ColoradoCountryG irl

United States

#4 Feb 15, 2008
Remember the old grade school on Aspen? It is now the Civic Center. The old City Hall is now the Police Station only. The Civic Center has City Hall, a Municipal Courtrom, a Driver's Licence office, various meeting rooms AND, on the second floor, the library! They put in an elevator for easier access to the second floor. The old stone building is now the Chamber of Commerce building. Not only is there a Burger King, we now have a McDonalds, Wendys and Taco Bell. Still City Market. Some talk about a Safeway store. So far just talk. Population is estimated to be - in the general area - 9 to 10 thousand. There is a dollar type store out west of town on Hwys 6 & 50. Just before you get to the Co-op. A new hospital is to be built this next year. An assisted living place has gone in on East Ottley. Gasoline is $2.999 a gallon as of yeserday. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Go Wildcats!
Echo

Wichita, KS

#5 Feb 15, 2008
ColoradoCountryGirl wrote:
Remember the old grade school on Aspen? It is now the Civic Center. The old City Hall is now the Police Station only. The Civic Center has City Hall, a Municipal Courtrom, a Driver's Licence office, various meeting rooms AND, on the second floor, the library! They put in an elevator for easier access to the second floor. The old stone building is now the Chamber of Commerce building. Not only is there a Burger King, we now have a McDonalds, Wendys and Taco Bell. Still City Market. Some talk about a Safeway store. So far just talk. Population is estimated to be - in the general area - 9 to 10 thousand. There is a dollar type store out west of town on Hwys 6 & 50. Just before you get to the Co-op. A new hospital is to be built this next year. An assisted living place has gone in on East Ottley. Gasoline is $2.999 a gallon as of yeserday. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Go Wildcats!
Good Heavens! I remember the old city hall well. My father was a policeman there back in the day when Walker was the Chief. My dad was born in an old house on East Pabor in 1920. Has there been a new pool built yet? I got to be one of the fist to swim there. Such excitement because we no longer had to swim in the canal. What about the old Jr High, is it still a school? I read that the city got a grant to help restore the old bridge. I think that is cool. Thanks for filling me in, I really appreciate it. Absolutely GO WILDCATS!
ColoradoCountryG irl

United States

#6 Feb 16, 2008
Nope. No new pool. But it still gets a lot of use in the summer. The old Junior High (to me it's the old High School!) is still in use. And will be. Te new 8-9 School will also be used for a Junior High School when things get squared away.'They' keep re-drawing school lines as to who goes where. Nothing has been done on the old bridge. I'm not sure if the grant was for restoring the bridge or for a study to see how much it will cost to restore it. They are building two round-abouts on the overpass on I-70. Still like Circle Park as a comfortable, full-sized round-about. Grand Junction seems to have gone bonkers about round-abouts. Back to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fruita Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This guy Nov 14 Info 1
News Woman uses Super Glue on teeth (Mar '09) Nov 8 John 147
Review: Strayhorn Grill (May '11) Nov 6 Strayhorn 2
need opiates in grand junction (May '13) Nov 1 Justin 14
Protecting the Old Spanish Trail Oct 29 eieio 1
Dating Oct 23 smartphone 26 1
sex (Sep '14) Oct '17 U know 6

Fruita Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance