Woman mourns loss of cat dragged behind pickup truck

Full story: KUSA Denver 144
A Fruita woman is mourning the loss of her cat, following news that three teenagers have been arrested for dragging it around town. Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Deb

Arvada, CO

#1 Apr 2, 2007
Some people are so sick!!!!! I hope those teens are put in jail for a while so they can think about what they've done. A life is a life, be it a human or an animal. Shame on them!!!!! This is how criminals start their careers...maiming and torturing animals and then graduating to people. Shame on those stupid kids. Shame!
Redhead

Littleton, CO

#2 Apr 2, 2007
Those teens should be tried as if they had done that to a human being- because that's the next step for them, if they get away with this crime. It's a very common escalation. I hope our justice system does not fail on this one, especially since they are obviously lying about the cat's initial state.

“The Angry Raccoon”

Since: Mar 07

Myrtle Beach

#3 Apr 2, 2007
I hope the six felony charges are not reduced. It's the least punishment that they deserve. They should have to apologize to the family, if the family can even stand to look at them.
Deb

Phoenix, AZ

#5 Apr 2, 2007
Unreality wrote:
I hope the six felony charges are not reduced. It's the least punishment that they deserve. They should have to apologize to the family, if the family can even stand to look at them.
If I was the family I wouldnt want their uncaring unreal apologies. It would just make me want to punch them. They would only be apologizing because they were made to, not because they meant it. But I think you are right on the six felony charges.

Our friend is back. I got tired of the crap a few days ago, and don't intend on being drug into it again. It's time to finish that story of IB357 now. His demise was undone. good luck and good night.
LLOYD MEDINA

United States

#7 Apr 3, 2007
THE INCREASE OF CRUELTY TOWARDS ANIMALS CONTINUES TO INCREASE DUE TO PALTRY OR NO PUNISHMENT FOR THOSE RESPONSIBLE. THERE ARE ALREADY LAWS TO DEAL WITH THESE SICKOS. NOW ALL WE NEED IS ENFORCEMENT. THESE HELPLESS ANIMALS DEPEND ON US FOR THEIR WELL BEING AND THEY REPAY US WITH UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.
Dude

Boulder, CO

#9 Apr 3, 2007
stubborn fishy wrote:
<quoted text>

pig..shut up & get off here..this place is for humans.

speaking of what you said...how would YOU feel if someone hated "humans" & then sped up when they see YOU in the road..if this ever happens to you, dont B*&ch, & dont call to me fore help..i'll laugh my butt off at your bloodied carcus.
I'll keep an eye out for him ;)
Deb

Denver, CO

#10 Apr 3, 2007
People like that don't deserve to be a part of society anymore. Let's not waste time and tax-payer money and bring back the firing squad. They aren't and never will be a contributing member of society. We need to show would-be offenders that there is serious punishment for crap like this, not that you'll be let off with a slap on the wrist.
shovel76

Denver, CO

#11 Apr 3, 2007
I think kids that do things like this should get a size ten boot to the backend. Kids have no respect for anything anymore. Not even life.
Some humans are very sick

Denver, CO

#13 Apr 3, 2007
Mike wrote:
I hate cats. I speed up when I see one in the road. Maybe that puss stunk!?
And of course the very sick humans are going to come out of their closets and, unnamed, vomit their vile on the rest of good humanity, just like these teenagers hoped to do. They hide behind what they think is anonymity, which gives them false courage to carry out their evil sickness. But someone, somewhere, knows *who you are*, and *what you are*, and you cannot, and will not hide. Someone close to you knows you for what you are, and will someday be your undoing, if you haven't hurt or killed them in the meantime.
Jackson

United States

#15 Apr 3, 2007
Had this been a dog, the whole town would have been in an uproar.

Go whiskers!!!!!
jba

Denver, CO

#16 Apr 3, 2007
Makes me sick. Lock those little monsters up for GOOD.
DumbGrunt

San Jose, CA

#17 Apr 3, 2007
The parents should share the fate of this kids who did this. When will we start to hold the parents of this "It's not my kids fault, It couldn't be my little Johnny. I never told him no, go to time out" generation to the fire for raising children who do this stuff?
Time for the parents to take responsibility for their AND their children's actions!
shunt

Denver, CO

#18 Apr 3, 2007
String them up and let them bleed out slowly! There is no excuse for treating animals this way and I agree with Redhead. This will only escalate into the torture/killing of humans. These kinds of kids grow up to be derelicts to society and wind up in jail/prison so, why let them wait that long. Put them away now!
steve

Denver, CO

#19 Apr 3, 2007
Mike wrote:
I hate cats. I speed up when I see one in the road. Maybe that puss stunk!?
Hopefully I will see your grandmother in the road, and I will speed up too
Sherri

Aurora, CO

#20 Apr 3, 2007
These punks deserve the same treatment as the poor cat.

There lucky I did't see it happen. They don't deserve to live.

“The Angry Raccoon”

Since: Mar 07

Myrtle Beach

#21 Apr 3, 2007
Once I saw a bumper sticker on a truck next to my car that said something similar to what Mike said. I sat in my car a long time debating the virtues of paint gouging and tire slashing. I wish hateful people would hate and hurt themselves. The first is already true whether they know it or not.
Some humans are very sick

Denver, CO

#22 Apr 3, 2007
Unreality wrote:
Glad to know we see eye to eye on this one (you know me as "bicyclists are stupid"), but I've seen judges say "boys will be boys" when it comes to animal torture and let them go before. I SAY WE GET THESE BOYS BEHIND THE BARN AND METE OUT PUNISHMENT THE OLD FASHIONED WAY, THE WAY THEIR DADDIES SHOULD BE HANDLING IT RIGHT NOW!!!!
Mike

Denver, CO

#23 Apr 3, 2007
Some humans are very sick wrote:
<quoted text> And of course the very sick humans are going to come out of their closets and, unnamed, vomit their vile on the rest of good humanity, just like these teenagers hoped to do. They hide behind what they think is anonymity, which gives them false courage to carry out their evil sickness. But someone, somewhere, knows *who you are*, and *what you are*, and you cannot, and will not hide. Someone close to you knows you for what you are, and will someday be your undoing, if you haven't hurt or killed them in the meantime.
It seems as though you are a cat lover. Do you hate me because I'm a big game hunter. There's nothing more exciting than stalking an elk and getting that shot off that brings steak dinner for 6 months! Elk sausage is great as well. Oh, are you a vegan?
Mike

Denver, CO

#24 Apr 3, 2007
steve wrote:
<quoted text>

Hopefully I will see your grandmother in the road, and I will speed up too
That my friend is murder. And for that I'd hunt you down. A cat is an animal. Not the smae thing.
Disgusted in Denver

Denver, CO

#25 Apr 3, 2007
Deb wrote:
People like that don't deserve to be a part of society anymore. Let's not waste time and tax-payer money and bring back the firing squad. They aren't and never will be a contributing member of society. We need to show would-be offenders that there is serious punishment for crap like this, not that you'll be let off with a slap on the wrist.
Amen!...I think if they're old enough to drive and cause mayhem like this...they're old enough for prison or worse. Punks...I'm a firm believer in public executions...something has to be done..this planet is going straight to he** in a handbasket....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fruita Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Animal Birth Control Dec 13 GJCO2014 1
Review: Earls Paint & Tin Dec 5 zidanefan 1
Man arrested for pointing banana at deputies ne... Nov 27 guest 2
Debate: Marijuana - Palisade, CO (Oct '11) Nov '14 Richies Cool Man ... 16
Woman uses Super Glue on teeth (Mar '09) Nov '14 foursavages 129
sydney white Oct '14 JASPER TUDOR 1
sex Sep '14 AnalBead 4

Winter Storm Watch for Mesa County was issued at December 27 at 4:57AM MST

Fruita Dating
Find my Match