Group loses battle against proposed mine

Group loses battle against proposed mine

There are 1 comment on the The Grand Junction Sentinel story from May 26, 2008, titled Group loses battle against proposed mine. In it, The Grand Junction Sentinel reports that:

A Crested Butte environmental group recently lost a battle in its fight against a proposed molybdenum mine on Mount Emmons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Grand Junction Sentinel.

Kevin Wilson

Hollywood, FL

#1 May 28, 2008
With oil at record highs and the country in a recession environmental groups are holding the country hostage as to energy and mining. Most countries now have nuclear plants being built by french and russian companies but not american, France is 80% nuclear-wind and solar work a very small percentage compared to nuclear, as for mining at one time we exported certain minerals, now we import the same minerals. The moly mine us energy wants to build should be done in an environmently correct way, and it provides a lot of higher paying jobs than most service jobs. High county citizens alliance wants no mining period of course they all have jobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fruita Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
need opiates in grand junction (May '13) 14 hr Ferociousbaby247 4
Old pool hall Sep 21 Linger longer 1
News Officers raid Colorado home for drugs, find inn... Sep 16 Parden Pard 12
News Lackluster statewide test results don't signify... Sep 10 Cucumber In Ass 2
Anywhere to get goat meat in valley? Sep 6 Goatmeat 1
Boat/Jet Ski Repairs Sep 3 rossro 1
Review: Marconi's Auto Appraiser-Vintage &Late ... Aug 27 benmeyers 1

Fruita Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fruita Mortgages