Charlottesville's Homeless Gets Helping Hand

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

The group spread out the bags of donations in Lee Park to allow people to sort through everything.
Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Nov 29, 2010
gigglesb2u

Front Royal, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

What a day! It was such a blessing to share today. God is good, all the time. Meant lots of new friends and shared a lot of prayer. Heard beautiful musi
citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

Judged:

The local 24 hour laundromats, especially the one on Carlton, are giving these folks a big boost by providing housing that no one is aware of, except those that do evening laundry. On cold nights I can see the boys watching TV while wary patrons push their carts around the overachievers. When the local self starters drink the shelters don't allow them in so they go to the local all night laundromats to watch TV while the citizenry timidly minces around them.
jim2051

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

Thank you for your help for these people. I am sure you have the same in Front Royal but you came here. Thank you again.
Solution

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2010

Judged:

The Haven allows the homeless to come in with liquor on breath. They only kick them out as they become rowdy.
Disillusioned

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2010

With all the shelters and assistance for the homeless in Charlottesville, I am wondering why an organization is coming here from Front Royal to give clothes and coming back to do a barbeque at Christmas. Are we so bad off here that other cities are having to help us? It's nice -- don't get me wrong, but Front Royal isn't really that close.
citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2010

Solution wrote:
The Haven allows the homeless to come in with liquor on breath. They only kick them out as they become rowdy.
The sappy do gooders in the nouveau places that pander to substance abusers are slowly waking up to the fact that the Salvation Army has had the right doctrine all along. Very very few of the professional deadbeats that lounge in the Haven have sought help from the many city offices located inside the Haven designed to "make it easy" for the substance abusers and skilled work dodgers "better themselves" by benefitting from the city's various offices. Too bad it took a year and a half for the hand wringers to start waking up.

It has taken fist fights and assorted mayhem to snap the "one worlders" out of their liberal induced comas.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Front Royal Discussions

Search the Front Royal Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
Annette harris Jul 7 papa John 1
White Oak RD Jul 6 papa John 1
sex freaks Jun '14 Aaa 1
Donna Williams (May '09) Jun '14 Aaa 7
Stephens Landing Homeowners Association - BEWARE! (Sep '13) Jun '14 Newman 7
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356
•••
•••
•••
•••

Front Royal Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Front Royal People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••