Auto Accident-January 20 @ Midnight, 4 corners...what happened?

Posted in the Frisco Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
NAPESTER

Dallas, TX

#1 Jan 20, 2008
I live just down the road and heard it happen. Anyone know WHAT happened? Workers at 7-11 said that a car went airborn and landed on another. I fatality, careflight on scene, and the intersection was closed.

Anyone have anymore info?
SJC

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Jan 20, 2008
Yes. It happened just before midnight last night. They were 2 people in a Honda going East on Main. Right before 423. West bound was a white jeep with 2 people in it. They hit head on. I am really not sure how or why, but 1 of the passengers in the honda said that the white jeep was going very fast. The girl that was driving the honda was 29 years old. She was killed on impact. The man with her is in the hospital. I am not really sure about his injuries, but he has spoke to the girls sister that pasted. They were 2 people in the white jeep. They were both care flighted out.
What is so sad.....the family of the girl that was killed, knows nothing. I was there with the sister of the girl that died. We were there for 3 hours at the scene. The Officers and fireman from Little Elm and Frisco were very caring, but really could not tell us much.
My prayers and heart goes out to all the families that are involved.
SC
Jon

Denton, TX

#3 Jan 20, 2008
Me and my buddies ended up at the 7 eleven when they where starting to film the firemen using the "Jaws of Life" to get the guy out of the black sports car. The story we heard was a drunk guy in the black sports car was headed west through 4 corners. The Papa Johns' manager said the black car was probably doing about 100mph. The other vehicle involved was a SUV. The SUV I believe was sitting at the light waiting to go east bound. The Black car came across the intersection and hit the SUV head on. There was a newly wed couple in the SUV. The lady got thrown out into the near by parking lot, where the managers' of Papa Johns and 711 attempted CPR(They said she was extremely mangled and almost unrecognizable). The man was said to have been crushed by his SUVs engine when it came into the cab. The sports car was about 50 yards from the intersection, and the SUV was about 200 yards. I saw the sports car upside down in the ditch and completely trashed... But didn't catch a glimpse of the SUV. I was told told the couple didn't make it, but the drunk guy did. Go figure right?
SBM

Little Elm, TX

#4 Jan 20, 2008
I was there when it all happened. What happen was the white SUV was going west bound on Main street. He was going 70 to 80 mph. He ran the red light and went airborne. The black honda was going east bound on Main street they were on the west side of FM423. When the SUV went airborne he rammed into the black honda hitting them head on. The woman was driving and died on impact. The boyfriend was cut on his legged and seemed to have some bruised or broken ribs. He was able to walk but was badly hurt. As far as the drive of the white SUV I am not sure what happened to him. I am not sure if he was drinking or not. I know that he swerved to go around another automobile that was at the stop light. Had he not moved he would've hit the automobile at the stop light. It was very sad. I don't know what would make this person drive at a high speed like that and run a red light. My prayers go to all the people that were involved in this awful accident.
SJC from Frisco

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Jan 20, 2008
Thank you, SBM for the information. We arrived right after it happened. The girl driving the honda was on her way to my house to pick up her sister. We received a call from the passanger that was riding with her to tell us that they were an accident and for us to come there.
Thanks again.
SBM

Little Elm, TX

#6 Jan 20, 2008
SJC from Frisco please let them know that my prayers are with them and I am sorry. Yes the guy was very histerical. I tried to keep him calm.

Does anybody know the status of the people in the white SUV? Was he intoxicated? I am not sure how he was since I was there with the young man in the black honda.
SJC

Cincinnati, OH

#7 Jan 20, 2008
Were you the one that took your black coat off to cover the girl?

Thank you for all you did. The girls parents are flying in tonight. They are from El Salvador. I will share this information with you.

Thanks again.
SJC

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Jan 20, 2008
SBM.....Was it you that out the black coat on the girl that was driving the honda?
Thanks for all you done last night.
The girls parents just arrived from El Salvador tonight. I will share this information with them.
SJC

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Jan 20, 2008
Sorry, was it you that put the black coat over the girl when they had her on the ground?
SBM

Little Elm, TX

#10 Jan 20, 2008
Actually it was buddy that I was with. He gave his jacket to the guy in the black honda. When the ambulance got there they just put a white sheet on her. I was the one with the grey hood sweeter. Please let us know where the funeral will be. Thanks
SJC

AOL

#11 Jan 20, 2008
I just came from the girls house. By the way, her name is Shirley. Her sister's name is Mayda. The guy that was with her is out of the hospital. He was at the house. He is a 22 year old, from this area. He is having stomach problems but was released.

The white Jeep....no one really knows much. They say that they were 2 people. The driver was a male. He is in the hospital in critical condition. He had been drinking and way over the limit.
Chris

United States

#12 Jan 20, 2008
I passed by the accident and I just couldnt imagine the outcome of that accident..It looked horrible.. My prayers are with everyone involved.
evelyn

Frisco, TX

#13 Jan 20, 2008
I knew Shirley, I worked with her over at Market Street, its really sad to see friends go just like that, she will be missed and I will let you guys know about the funeral, her parents have arrived from El Salvador. It's just sad having everyone ask for her at work. May she rest in peace and her smile and spirit will always be with us.
NAPESTER

Dallas, TX

#14 Jan 20, 2008
Wow, I am terribly sorry to hear what happened. I live about 100 yards west on King and was asleep. My wife woke me up and said that she heard a big bang outside and I looked out and saw police and we heard careflight coming to the scene. She said that it sounded like thise Semi's that come rambling down king. Must have been a big collision if we heard it from inside our house that far away.

Our prayers go out to all and those who tried to help!!!
boy friend passanger

Garland, TX

#15 Jan 21, 2008
I would like thank erveryone that came to our aid in a time of need and if any one has pictures of the accident they would realy help us and i will post funeral info once we get every thing in order and my girl griend would be glade to no that you all came to her help but for the pics. please e mail oj_gjr@hotmail.com
co worker of mayda

Little Elm, TX

#16 Jan 21, 2008
if anyone speaks to mayda before i do,please tell her we are all thinking of her at kroger,we are so sorry for her loss,we also knew shirley and are sick with grief.we love you mayda and our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in your time of need.god bless you all
friend of mayda

Cincinnati, OH

#17 Jan 21, 2008
This is a very tragic thing to go thru I was with mayda at the accident scene and I wouldn't wish this upon anyone. It is really good to see that mayda and her family have so many prayers from friends and strangers that were there. I would like to thank all the people that stop to help and to all the firemen and police officers, they were so kind and caring. And from all your Kroger Family....Mayda we love you and our hearts go out to you and your family. May Shirley rest in peace.
DTM

Little Elm, TX

#18 Jan 21, 2008
We were the ones sitting at the light the white SUV flew around. "SBM"'s account is pretty much as we saw it. He went by us so fast that neither of us could tell what kind of vehicle it was. My wife is the one who put her black coat over Shirley. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Shirley's family and friends.
Napester

Dallas, TX

#19 Jan 21, 2008
Hey DTM did he swerve to your right or your left? We are confused on how the heck he could of possibly gotten airborne and hit her car like that and then push all the way back to 7-eleven.....were you in the lane to go straight or in the turn lane to go left onto 423?
boyfriend passanger

Dallas, TX

#20 Jan 21, 2008
The funeral will be take place @ TurnerTime Jackson Marrow in Mckiney Tx. off of 75 and Ridgeview Dr. Weds.@ 7pm-9:30pm,Turs. @7pm-9:30pm and, Fri. will be the internment @ 10am everyone is welcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frisco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ATI Career Training Center in Dallas, Texas A Scam (Nov '06) Mar 27 Tiffany 388
News Armenian Church In Dallas Remembers 100th Anniv... Mar 25 eushtsn 1
Review: Two Guys Lawn Service Mar 23 sal1968 1
TC Police Chief's wife arrested (Dec '12) Mar 20 Charlie 9
Review: Academy Sports & Outdoors (Mar '09) Mar 19 notabob 13
Review: Legacy Veterinary Hospital - Kent Juliu... (Jun '10) Feb '15 R Bo 11
Review: Dental Arts - D Shane Edwards DDS (Sep '10) Jan '15 Yuck 8
Frisco Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web