Motorcycle accident on 423 and Main St.

Posted in the Frisco Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Curious

Mckinney, TX

#1 May 3, 2010
There was a motorcycle and car accident off of Main @ 423 yesterday. Does anyone know what happened? Was there a fatality? I know that Care Flight was involved and there were investigating the scene still at 7 pm.
krysten

Jersey City, NJ

#2 May 3, 2010
I have tried to search the same thing. I am thinking that there was since they had investigators out there and I haven't seen anything on the web about it though or heard anything in the news yet. They usually wait a few days before posting something like that if there is a death.
krysten

Jersey City, NJ

#3 May 3, 2010
oh and im not from NJ I'm from Arlington TX
witness

Anna, TX

#4 May 3, 2010
I was at the accident scene. The gentleman on the motorcycle did not survive.
at the scene

Cedar Hill, TX

#5 May 3, 2010
witness, how do you know that he did not survive? I know that it was bad, but have you actually heard that he did not make it?
at the scene too

Aubrey, TX

#6 May 3, 2010
My husband and I were at the scene as well and even gave a report. How do you know he didn't make it. My husband and I can not get the image of the accident out of our heads. It was awful!
rider 40

Cedar Hill, TX

#7 May 4, 2010
I heard that the motorcycle ran a yellow light and a car was turning left across the lane when they collided.

Does anyone know anything else about how it happened? Isn't the speed limit different on each side of the intersection?

I ride through there all the time and just know that someone will turn out if they can. Every time I hear of a rider accident at an intersection, I have to think that we aren't slowing enough in anticipation of the cagers.
SavedSinful

Frisco, TX

#8 May 4, 2010
The man's name was John Pritchett, and he did not survive. He was a good friend of ours. We have been told that the man who hit him was arrested and charged with intoxication manslaughter. John was t-boned on his motorcycle by the man. Please pray for his friends and family. John had 1 son and 2 daughters. He was the sweetest, most fun loving guy, and I know he passed doing what he loved... riding. RIP John! WE LOVE YOU!
Curious wrote:
There was a motorcycle and car accident off of Main @ 423 yesterday. Does anyone know what happened? Was there a fatality? I know that Care Flight was involved and there were investigating the scene still at 7 pm.
Lost Daughter

Little Elm, TX

#9 May 4, 2010
Thank you for your suport. We loved him very much.
SavedSinful wrote:
The man's name was John Pritchett, and he did not survive. He was a good friend of ours. We have been told that the man who hit him was arrested and charged with intoxication manslaughter. John was t-boned on his motorcycle by the man. Please pray for his friends and family. John had 1 son and 2 daughters. He was the sweetest, most fun loving guy, and I know he passed doing what he loved... riding. RIP John! WE LOVE YOU!
<quoted text>
SavedSinful

Frisco, TX

#10 May 4, 2010
From all of us at Bikes for Bikers, our condolences and sympathy to his family. We enjoyed having John up at the shop, and loved having his company around town. If there is anything we can do, please do not hesitate to ask us.

With much Love and our prayers,
-Minde
Lost Daughter wrote:
Thank you for your suport. We loved him very much.
<quoted text>
Craig Jenkins

United States

#11 May 4, 2010
Does anyone have family info. I was the first person out of my car to see if he was ok but there was nothing i could do. I would love to speak with his family if possible. My email is [email protected] Leave me a number to call. I am still dealing with what i saw happen to him as well.
Witness

Plano, TX

#12 May 4, 2010
http://www.friscotexas.gov/departments/police...

I just learned that I knew the man driving the car. A very kind soul and I'm certain he is devastated. My heart goes out to the family of the rider.
at the scene too

Aubrey, TX

#13 May 4, 2010
Yes, I was one of the ones who called 911 and my husband ran to the victim and prayed for him. We would like to contact the family and pray for them during this time of grieving.
Lost Daughter

Little Elm, TX

#14 May 5, 2010
I am trying to keep an eye on some of the forums, this one in particular. If you would like to speak with a memeber of the family, leave me your email address and I will try to contact you.
at the scene too wrote:
Yes, I was one of the ones who called 911 and my husband ran to the victim and prayed for him. We would like to contact the family and pray for them during this time of grieving.
He has been released from the medical examiner and was picked up by the Funeral Home Director last night, almost as soon as I got of the phone with the gentleman. Further arrangements have not yet been made. The man that hit him has been arrested for intoxicated manslaughter. He admitted to having been drinking and did fail his field sobriety test. Again, thank you for your prayers and support. I believe I speak for my whole family, and he has a lot of it, when I say we appreciate it very much.
A Friend

United States

#15 May 5, 2010
I have been watching for the Obit and looking for any notification of services. Can someone update this forum when the service times are announced?
Lost Daughter

Little Elm, TX

#16 May 5, 2010
I will update it as soon as I speak with the Funeral home Director and get every thing arranged.
Family friend

Fort Worth, TX

#17 May 5, 2010
Craig Jenkins wrote:
Does anyone have family info. I was the first person out of my car to see if he was ok but there was nothing i could do. I would love to speak with his family if possible. My email is [email protected] Leave me a number to call. I am still dealing with what i saw happen to him as well.
the family has been notified of your posts
Kryssy Kat

Wylie, TX

#18 May 5, 2010
John was an awesome guy and a great dad.. I love you Camaren and I'm so very sorry... You are in my prayers!
Lost Daughter

Little Elm, TX

#19 May 5, 2010
Love you too Sweetie. Thanks. I'll let you know about the viewing.
Kryssy Kat wrote:
John was an awesome guy and a great dad.. I love you Camaren and I'm so very sorry... You are in my prayers!
Pete Oldenburg

Mansfield, TX

#20 May 5, 2010
I only had the pleasure of knowing John for one year. In that short time I was blessed to call him a good friend. I, and all of us will miss him very much. Godspeed John.

Pete. B4B.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frisco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Immigration Shift Shows India, China Outpacing ... Sun Justice league 2
Best teen and adult driving school in Carrollto... Aug 20 ctownpub 1
hd 33 Aug 3 Louis A Tewater 2
Tony Darrah Jul '15 missingmyson 1
Review: Empress Nails Jul '15 Kiki 1
Garage Sale Fri-Sun Jul '15 ebashley 1
Debate: Marijuana - Frisco, TX (Aug '10) Jul '15 Rolando Mota 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frisco Mortgages