Texas teacher out after bin Laden 'un...

Texas teacher out after bin Laden 'uncle' comment

There are 8 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 9, 2011, titled Texas teacher out after bin Laden 'uncle' comment. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A Texas school district says a teacher won't return to work after being accused of mocking an American-born Muslim student by asking if she was grieving because her "uncle" had died, a reference to Osama bin Laden.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Nice

Saint Paul, MN

#1 May 9, 2011
Wow, what a no brain teacher is she? How sad to say something like that to anyone.

Since: Jul 08

Saint Paul, MN

#3 May 9, 2011
must be non- union
carolina watchdog

Terrell, NC

#4 May 9, 2011
Must be union - non-thinking - union does all that for them.
Leonard

United States

#5 May 9, 2011
I'm glad that this guy is out on his can. I've had it up to my butt with all the Islam bashing, anti-Arab sentiments that people are expressing these days. We owe the Arabs a debt of gratitude for all of their many contributions to our world. Too bad most Americans weren't listening when our eloquent President gave his stirring speech in Cairo.

Since: Jul 08

Saint Paul, MN

#6 May 9, 2011
carolina watchdog wrote:
Must be union - non-thinking - union does all that for them.
no otherwise they would be sent to the rubber room for 20 yrs until the pension kicked in.
Mars

El Paso, TX

#7 May 9, 2011
Leonard wrote:
I'm glad that this guy is out on his can. I've had it up to my butt with all the Islam bashing, anti-Arab sentiments that people are expressing these days. We owe the Arabs a debt of gratitude for all of their many contributions to our world. Too bad most Americans weren't listening when our eloquent President gave his stirring speech in Cairo.
It's refreshing to see that not everybody is anti-semetic.
Good riddance to these so-called professionals who abuse their power to vent their frustrations towards a defenseless child.
Muffy

Pearland, TX

#8 May 12, 2011
This incident sure got out of hand !
Spell It Out for Me

Edison, NJ

#9 May 12, 2011
As the saying goes, those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Friendswood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review - Just Brakes - Pearland (May '12) Wed TookPhartss 12
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 21 OnePhart 1,123
Islamic Feb 20 me myself and I 1
News Texas backs down from effort to block Syrian re... (Dec '15) Feb 20 me myself and I 2
HOUSES for rent Feb 20 me myself and I 2
The lodge on Eldorado are Islamic sympathizers Feb 20 me myself and I 1
Pain mngmt. Feb 14 whale 4

Friendswood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Friendswood Mortgages