Four Children Killed In Blount County...

Four Children Killed In Blount County fire

There are 171 comments on the WBIR Knoxville story from Feb 6, 2007, titled Four Children Killed In Blount County fire. In it, WBIR Knoxville reports that:

An overnight fire in Blount County has claimed the lives of four children, according to Sheriff James Berrong.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR Knoxville.

BRENDA NORMAN

Smyrna, GA

#112 Feb 7, 2007
MY HEART ACHES FOR THIS FAMILY AND THEIR LOSS. MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH THEM IN THIS SAD TIME. MAY GOD LIFT THIS BURDEN FROM THEM AND THEY WILL EVENTUALLY REJOICE IN THE FACT THAT GOD HAS FOUR NEW ANGELS!
New Center School-Sevier

Nashville, TN

#113 Feb 7, 2007
Fifth grade students at New Center will be collecting monetary donations for the Debuty family. Students are very sorry for this tragic loss and will be praying for the family. We all wish the Debuty family the best, and they know that Clara Barton would be proud that the Red Cross is helping in this tragedy.
LISA

AOL

#114 Feb 7, 2007
my daughter was friends with mandy for several years, and she also attended my daughters last bday party. they ate lunch together at school almost every day. even though my daughter is 14, she still loved to give out valentines to all her friends. she had already filled all of them out, and mandy's was on top of the pile. she took it off the pile last night and cried herself to sleep with it. how do you explain to a 14 year old that things like this happen? god bless you, mandy, for being a light in my daughters life. you will always be rememberd and our prayers are with your family.
Amanda

Owensboro, KY

#115 Feb 7, 2007
What size pants are 3x? I have sizes 18-20 and 22-24. Will that work?
Kristi

Oak Ridge, TN

#116 Feb 7, 2007
Amber wrote:
Hello, my name is Amber Haynes, i am 14 years old and i live in sevierville, tn, i was watching the news tonite,(2/6/07) and i seen the fire, i imediatley froze..and payed close attention.I want to tell you, and your son, that you are in my prayers, and so are your beautiful children, my family is running low on money, but the least i could do, is pray, and wish you all the best of luck, with getting started again... i hope to see fundraisers around my county, so i can try to donate what ever i can. I will try my best... i really want to help you... and i am going to try very very hard to help. I will pray for you, and your lost ones, and you all will always be in my heart. Keep moving and try to focus.. you have a beautiful baby, and a new life to begin for him. i will pray, and i will remeber...
With All My Love,
Amber Haynes
Amber: Bless your heart! The BEST thing you can do for this family IS Pray!!! God bless you.
Pat

Knoxville, TN

#117 Feb 7, 2007
My heart goes out for this family. I cannot imagine what this family is going through. The only thing that makes sense in this tragedy is that the children are with God and they will forever be young. May God comfort this family in their time of need for a should to cry on. I hate hearing of something like this happening to children. It is sad for grown ups but children, it is unbearable. God bless this family.
Ann

Knoxville, TN

#118 Feb 7, 2007
I know that I have tender heart that sometimes seems to be tender, but I am so thankful that I do not have a heart like Opie, the idiot that made fun of the families body sizes. I may not be the best of people but I do care for others, big or small. My heart aches for the children that was lost in this fire. I have a 7 year old granddaughter and a small grandson and I do not know if I could survive if something like this happened to them. As one of the other comments read I woke up this morning early thinking about these children and just wished this fire happened later in the morning so they may have been up getting ready for school and they would have been alive today. We do not know what the next second brings for our lives, it can be changed in a twinkling of an eye. I did not know this family but that did not stop the tears for all the family. May God bless the parents and surviving child. As for as the other children, they are with God and there is no other better place to be. I only hope they did not suffer.
Kirk

Knoxville, TN

#119 Feb 7, 2007
Our prayers are with this family. Me and my wife heard this on our police scanner and stayed awake and prayed for these kids. Such a loss. Please if you have kids try your smoke alarms while they are asleep just to make sure it will wake them up.
Becca

Maple Heights, OH

#120 Feb 7, 2007
TRAGIC - MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH THE FAMILY!
ronnie lay

United States

#121 Feb 7, 2007
MY PRAYERS ARE WITH THE FAMILY. AND THE FIREFIGHTERS.
Lori Stevens

Bridgewater, NJ

#122 Feb 7, 2007
Amanda Debuty said she had no money to bury her children. I can't even imagine. I would like to see the communtiy come together to help her with this and all the other needs the family has.
Crystal

Knoxville, TN

#124 Feb 7, 2007
I can not imagine what the family is going thru... my thoughts and prayers are with them. To the media how dare you air those 911 calls, this family has been thru enough. That is just sick that everyone keeps playing those. My prayers go out to everyone.

Since: Feb 07

TN

#125 Feb 7, 2007
Lori Stevens wrote:
Amanda Debuty said she had no money to bury her children. I can't even imagine. I would like to see the communtiy come together to help her with this and all the other needs the family has.
This is a "re-post" from me but I feel this info is good and would be of interest to all.

Update on some of the help that is on the way to this family.....I hope all who read this can go by and give something. I know I will!

The Blount County Sheriff's Office, along with the Loudon County Sheriff's Office, Blount County Fire Department, Friendsville Volunteer Fire Department, and Rural/Metro Rescue Squad, are holding a fundraiser this Saturday for the family affected by today's tragic fire in which four people were killed.

Emergency services workers from the above agencies will conduct a boots and buckets fundraiser campaign on U.S. Highway 321 at the Blount/Loudon County line this Saturday between the hours of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. to raise money for the Debuty family. One hundred percent of the proceeds will go to the family.
April

Ringgold, GA

#126 Feb 7, 2007
My heart goes out to the family. It is such a tragic loss, my prayers are with them all.
Chrislyn

Miami, FL

#127 Feb 7, 2007
I remember J.T thats what we called him
I am a Student @ North Middle & My Team,Team Pegasus & TEam Draco are raising funds.My Prayers are with your family.
Chrislyn

Miami, FL

#128 Feb 7, 2007
I remember J.T thats what we called him
I am a Student @ North Middle & My Team,Team Pegasus & Team Draco are raising funds.My Prayers are with your family.
Little Jimmy

Paducah, KY

#129 Feb 7, 2007
Guess they didn't have fire extinguishers and smoke detectors. Have a blessed day.
Amanda

Knoxville, TN

#130 Feb 7, 2007
Uncle Tom wrote:
Mandolin(Mandy) and J.T. are my niece and nephew. I was there for both of their births and hearing about their sudden and tragic death was a gut-wrenching event. They both loved life and were taken far too early. My thanks go out to all of those who have helped already and continue to offer help.
I am praying for your family! God bless!
Teacher

Minneapolis, MN

#131 Feb 7, 2007
"It may not effect them immediately"

"affect" not "effect"
Remola

Knoxville, TN

#132 Feb 7, 2007
Uncle Tom wrote:
Mandolin(Mandy) and J.T. are my niece and nephew. I was there for both of their births and hearing about their sudden and tragic death was a gut-wrenching event. They both loved life and were taken far too early. My thanks go out to all of those who have helped already and continue to offer help.
Uncle Tom Mandolin and J.T. are my fourth cousins. My Aunt used to be really good friends with Sherry. We have been trying to look for her number so she can call and check up with her. If you read this could you please contact me. [email protected] Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Friendsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amanda Hara (Feb '15) 6 hr Knox Guy 4
News Man Convicted in Loudon County Escapes Confinem... (May '09) 10 hr Kenneth 2
Becky Thompson joke as ut marketing vice president (Apr '13) 10 hr Sowhat 7
The Grove 17 hr Jason 45
Lady Vols 19 hr Dan 29
Gangbang Fri intill i die 8
Dodge dealers and service recommendation. .. Fri Frank 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Friendsville Mortgages