Christmas begging time
anon

Ripley, TN

#86 Dec 12, 2012
Good point luke! Not everyone needing help is some low-life deadbeat druggie! There have been plant closings, lay-offs, etc. everywhere!

Last month the government said over a half million people quit looking for work b/c things are so bad! It isn't that easy to just find a job. I despise these morons who are lucky enough to have a job get on here and say "there are jobs if you just look".

With World Color plants closing in two counties in West TN, Briggs- Stratton (over 700 people), Good Year, not to mention lay-offs elsewhere jobs are hard to come by.

And many of the jobs out there are part-time (for the holidays) with low pay and no benefits. Those taking the jobs are lucky just to pay their rent/utilities, food, etc.

And before some moron says "well any job is better than none" let me remind you of that when you are making $8 an hour (for less than 40 hours a week) and gas over $3.00 a gallon and babysitter fees, it barely (if it does at all) to get off unemployment.

Those who can should help those families. Even one $15-$20 toy donated can mean a world to a young boy/girl. I have been up & down & know how painful it is to see children w/o Christmas. I have done w/o anything just to provide for the children.

Quit thinking about the so-called "deadbeats" and think about the little boy/girl who wakes up on Christmas with little or no presents.

Gadsden, TN

#87 Dec 12, 2012
luke wrote:
<quoted text>You are the perfect canidate that should go and buy a toy, then you give it to some needy kid(4get the sorry parents as you call them)and just look at those big ole eyes lighten up and that smile come across his/her face. It will soften even the hardest heart, for awhile anyways. Then you can return to your hateing. For a few minutes anyway, you joined the human race. try it, you might like it, if not, you never have to do it again.
FYI apostle Luke, I have given many things to many children. More than most. new coats, new shoes, new clothes, toys, money, food. and yes they are appreciative for that moment then they turn around and act like crap all over again. i have been so burned by people is why i am the way i am. i have always been extremely giving to the point of being a sap. well not any more. most people dont appreciate anything you do for them. show me some one who actually is thankful and i will be glad to help them. you do not know me and you do not know all the things i have done for people in the past. just tired of being used!
ritzz

Sioux City, IA

#88 Dec 12, 2012
Luke,anon very well said we all should try harder to be nicer to one another all year .Christmas is for children ,we as adults should try to share and donate gifts and time to the children. It will truly be worth it.
luke

United States

#89 Dec 12, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>FYI apostle Luke, I have given many things to many children. More than most. new coats, new shoes, new clothes, toys, money, food. and yes they are appreciative for that moment then they turn around and act like crap all over again. i have been so burned by people is why i am the way i am. i have always been extremely giving to the point of being a sap. well not any more. most people dont appreciate anything you do for them. show me some one who actually is thankful and i will be glad to help them. you do not know me and you do not know all the things i have done for people in the past. just tired of being used!
Like the sarcasim, the apostle Luke thing, which was uncalled for, but thanks, I have been called worse, lol. You're right, I dont know you. All I have to go by is your post, and the way you word it. And to me, your post screamed'jerk'. Maybe you are a good person, Im sure you are, most people are. You miss the point in giveing. If giveing makes you this ill, then by no means dont give. To give freely, without any expectations or rewards, is what the christmas spirit is all about.
Im sorry you have hardened your heart.
luke

United States

#90 Dec 12, 2012
The best memories I had was christmas, getting that new bb gun, or bike, or even that puzzle, whatever the case may have been at the time. My family was far from poor, poor white trash some of you would call us. But my dad never missed a day of work, never. My mom was unemployed, she was blind. But I never went without food, clothing, or love, and no, I never went without a christmans gift. Its really unimagable for me to think of a kid not haveing a christmas gift, as for me always haveing one. But to down others for whatever reason and to deny children this one day of the year to feel like they belong to something bigger, is nothing short of shameful.
Iam not a stupid guy, I realize there are those out there who do their kids wrong and get them nothing for christmas, but does the kid understand this? All he/she knows is that christmas didnt happen at their house.
I also know there are those working poor, or those who have lost their jobs after working years in a company, and they cant afford a christmas. Whats wrong with helping them?
Christmas isnt about the bright lights, the decorations, although they are a part of it, they are a small part of it.
Christmas is about showing children, just for a short time, that being a child is something special. And once your childhood is gone, its gone.
I think one of the saddest part of my growing up is when I accidently discovered my dad and mom putting my bike together, so much for santa clause, lol.
stupid

United States

#91 Dec 12, 2012
the real meaning of christmas- "jesus being born" i dont see no body given credit where credit is due..

Gadsden, TN

#92 Dec 12, 2012
luke wrote:
<quoted text>Like the sarcasim, the apostle Luke thing, which was uncalled for, but thanks, I have been called worse, lol. You're right, I dont know you. All I have to go by is your post, and the way you word it. And to me, your post screamed'jerk'. Maybe you are a good person, Im sure you are, most people are. You miss the point in giveing. If giveing makes you this ill, then by no means dont give. To give freely, without any expectations or rewards, is what the christmas spirit is all about.
Im sorry you have hardened your heart.
I'm sorry i have hardened my heart too. not the way i want to be but the way i feel i have to be. and you're right if my heart isn't in it then i shouldn't do it, so i dont.
luke

United States

#93 Dec 12, 2012
stupid wrote:
the real meaning of christmas- "jesus being born" i dont see no body given credit where credit is due..
That is true, but I think trying to explain that, alone with a gift, to a young child is also what its all about.
Very few people today realize that christ was born in the summertime, but during the early days of christianaity the date was pushed back to the winter soltice as to fall dureing a pagan holiday.
yall all stupid

Block Island, RI

#94 Dec 13, 2012
when jesus was born on christmas, his mother didnt go out beggin for free stuff. So, y are u beggers beggin for free gifts for ur kids. Give them little [email protected]@rds more love an teach them right from wrong, cuz when they grow up their gonna grow up just like u if not worse. Reminds me of holloween, little sh!!ts knockin on my door. Ur lucky anyone helps anyone in this town. Too many HATERS in this sh!!t hole. Dont begg for it earn it urself. An put who its really from on the gift. parents take the credit for beggin for it, u didnt buy it. Ur only the begger
struggling

Sioux City, IA

#95 Dec 13, 2012
I got my kids what I could afford with help from no one. I got deals and bought sale items. I have 4 kids and spent about $225 on all combined over a period of a few weeks. You can buy a couple of gifts each week till you have all your kids something. I don't disrespect any one who gets the help but in my case I could have qualified but figured out a way to do it myself and my kids are going to have a decent Christmas for not a lot of money. if I can do it so can others.You just have to learn how to find the deals and buy gifts with meaning. Not just a bunch of crap so your kids will have oodles of presents under the tree. I'd rather my kids have 3 or 4 things they each really want than a bunch of junk nonsense that will get kicked around in the floor.
anon

Ripley, TN

#96 Dec 13, 2012
yall all stupid wrote:
when jesus was born on christmas, his mother didnt go out beggin for free stuff. So, y are u beggers beggin for free gifts for ur kids. Give them little [email protected]@rds more love an teach them right from wrong, cuz when they grow up their gonna grow up just like u if not worse. Reminds me of holloween, little sh!!ts knockin on my door. Ur lucky anyone helps anyone in this town. Too many HATERS in this sh!!t hole. Dont begg for it earn it urself. An put who its really from on the gift. parents take the credit for beggin for it, u didnt buy it. Ur only the begger
Jesus wasn't "born on Christmas". There was no Christmas until much later. In fact, Christ never told us to remember his birth- but to remember his death!
And Mary didn't worry about "gifts" for her Son. The wise men (the Bible doesn't say it was three, it just mentions 3 gifts) brought the gifts to Him b/c they knew it was the Promised Messiah.

Christ did tell us it is more blessed to GIVE than receive. I'm amazed at YOUR HATE! You spew curse word after curse word and then slam others for "hating"!

No one advocates giving gifts to deadbeat parents or meth mothers. We're just trying to point out that some kindness at Christmas in remembering others less fortunate (especially the children who are innocent) is more Godly than anything else.
ooopps

United States

#97 Dec 13, 2012
I love to see childrens faces on Christmas morning. we don't have alt of money but i make sure my kids no the meaning of Christmas, not what is under the tree. if its makn popcorn strings or snow flakes we do it as a family n then we get a few of toys n clothes together to give. I give praise to my children for giving things to children who wld appreciate them. like most ppl Here.its not the child's fault the deseve to b noticed n remembered. Kids are wonderful n deseve memories. i wish i cld donate more then we do.they deseve it.
struggling

Sioux City, IA

#98 Dec 13, 2012
we make a ginger bread house together too. They love it and it' fun family time. I grew up in a house with limited funds as well and I was very happy. Christmas is a loving well remembered time, not because I can tell you what gifts I got but because of the time spent with my parents, siblings, and extended family.

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#99 Dec 13, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus wasn't "born on Christmas". There was no Christmas until much later. In fact, Christ never told us to remember his birth- but to remember his death!
Jesus never said to celebrate either His birth or resurrection.
Jesus instituted communion. "Do this in rememberence of Me."

Location hidden

#100 Dec 13, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sorry i have hardened my heart too. not the way i want to be but the way i feel i have to be. and you're right if my heart isn't in it then i shouldn't do it, so i dont.
I agree. I don't feel guilty. Don't let anyone make you feel guilty either. I give all year 'round. I simply can't afford to buy every body I know something at Christmas too.
ooopps

United States

#101 Dec 14, 2012
Yes. i just can't help feeling bad for the children who's parents don't care.how can u go threw your day knowing Christmas is coming and u have drug money ect.. in your pocket and no gifts for your babies at home. i wld feel so guilty. I do wish i could give more because the kidder do deseve a great day. its sad that they're parents don't tell them the meaning of Christmas and.how it shld b spent with family remembering why were all here. its just sad is all. Im thankful for my children and what we have even if its not much. i don't c any problem with a prsn asking for help if they truly need it. Good to know that there's something out there for struggling familys.
anon

Ripley, TN

#102 Dec 14, 2012
Thorn wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus never said to celebrate either His birth or resurrection.
Jesus instituted communion. "Do this in rememberence of Me."
Hey chuckleface:. The communion points to His death! He talked REPEATEDLY about His death! He talked about how HIS death was for the sins of the world! Read your Bible! Even the OT prophecies talk aout & point to His DEATH as it was foretold (to be for us!)...

Location hidden

#103 Dec 14, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey chuckleface:. The communion points to His death! He talked REPEATEDLY about His death! He talked about how HIS death was for the sins of the world! Read your Bible! Even the OT prophecies talk aout & point to His DEATH as it was foretold (to be for us!)...
Where did Jesus specifically say to remember the day he was born or died or resurrected and to celebrate it?
anon

Ripley, TN

#104 Dec 14, 2012
He didn't say to remember His birth! He did, with the Lord's Supper, call to remembrance His death! That is why He talked over and over about HIS dying for us!

Read the NT and it'll hit you in the face! Paul and the other Apostles also wrote of HIS DEATH! I'm not going to quote scripture after scripture b/c you can look it up yourself if you wanted to!

Sioux City, IA

#105 Dec 14, 2012
Anon is correct. Jesus never said to remember his birth only his death. Christmas actually comes from the ancient winter solstice. Or a celebration called saturnalia. his birth took place some time in the months of late September early October. this can be verified by using the order Zacharias was serving in the temple when the angle told him of the birth of john the baptist. as far as easter that is pagan as well it is in honor of the godess ishtar. eggs, bunnies, sunrise service, ham all that goes back to her. when jesus says to remember his death he also says to do it in the proper time and season which is passover. his birth would have been during the feast of tabernacles. everything that has or will happen will follow the order of the lord feast. lev 23.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Friendship Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ginger taylor 11 min Your Fired 2
McDonald's 2 hr Tammy 1
Shawna kelly (Mar '14) 3 hr Redrose 13
Do Concealed Carry Permit Holders Live In A Dre... 3 hr Guest 2
Not ONE (1) Mexican in court in Dyer County 8 hr REDS don t care 14
Clinton Foundation received millions from inves... 8 hr REDS don t care 12
Tanglewood 10 hr bob 4

Friendship Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance