what is up with the school allocations?

Posted in the Frenchburg Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Value Plan

West Liberty, KY

#1 Feb 25, 2013
200 STUDENTS at Botts Elementary have l full time principal, 1 full time counselor and 25 Teachers. Why would you need a full time principal for only 200 kids. The high school principal's job is the hardest and she has over 300 kids with no assistant. New board, please, please, please do not let the Botts Elementary Bunch bully you. The clap and scream because they have tooooooo much luxury to lose. The super has been catering to every little need.
Value Plan

West Liberty, KY

#2 Feb 25, 2013
Why do we have 3 people in finance at the board office??

Ms. Rhodes has a degree in finance and can handle it. Get rid of 2 part timers and give Ms. Rhodes a raise.
Value Plan

West Liberty, KY

#3 Feb 25, 2013
Why do we need a office person and pay a salary to a person to give "public information" Please, give the money to help the kids. Then you would not have to charge $3.00 for a transcript.
Judge this

Frankfort, KY

#4 Feb 25, 2013
I know that it`s hard to believe for you that people make over 30GS. Guess what this is 2013 not 1970. You guys can promise your people the moon. Maybe A Moon Pie is all you really can give them.
Value Plan

West Liberty, KY

#5 Feb 25, 2013
Don't want to face up to the reality of the old boards allocations for the schools. I figure it will change cause it is no longer Yes, sir. Yes, Yes, Yes. The Yes girls are gone and the the next election the next to go is christian clapper.
cyclops

Frankfort, KY

#6 Feb 25, 2013
Are you mad at the Rhodes girl because she don`t live here either. Botts is A stand alone school on its own. Menifee County High School is hooked in with Elementary and Middle School. That is why it is the way that it is. Just A guess that you had to look up the word allocation to get the meaning.
Value Plan

West Liberty, KY

#7 Feb 25, 2013
No, the Rhodes lady is great and you are jealous.
just sayin

Chesterfield, MO

#8 Feb 25, 2013
Value Plan wrote:
200 STUDENTS at Botts Elementary have l full time principal, 1 full time counselor and 25 Teachers. Why would you need a full time principal for only 200 kids. The high school principal's job is the hardest and she has over 300 kids with no assistant. New board, please, please, please do not let the Botts Elementary Bunch bully you. The clap and scream because they have tooooooo much luxury to lose. The super has been catering to every little need.
First, Botts has almost 250 students. Yes there is a full time principal and she has no assistant principal. Yes, there is also a full time counselor. Any school with a counselor is lucky to have them. The idea of any public school without a full time principal is absurd. FYI, Botts also tested in the top 25% last year, which was better then Menifee Elementary.
Lotto

West Liberty, KY

#9 Feb 25, 2013
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
First, Botts has almost 250 students. Yes there is a full time principal and she has no assistant principal. Yes, there is also a full time counselor. Any school with a counselor is lucky to have them. The idea of any public school without a full time principal is absurd. FYI, Botts also tested in the top 25% last year, which was better then Menifee Elementary.
What does a full time principal have to do with that???? Absurd, it is the teachers, teachers, teachers. Are you saying to get rid of the school counselor???? Crazy talk. Part time principal and part time counselor is enough. You know the Governor said there will be cuts. Pick slip non tenured teachers and let the part time officials teach half a day. SAVE money give it to the kids.
Lotto

West Liberty, KY

#10 Feb 25, 2013
Better yet transfer them to the high school or middle school if they have that kind of ability to raise the test scores. The district may need to clone them.
just sayin

Chesterfield, MO

#11 Feb 25, 2013
Lotto wrote:
<quoted text>
What does a full time principal have to do with that???? Absurd, it is the teachers, teachers, teachers. Are you saying to get rid of the school counselor???? Crazy talk. Part time principal and part time counselor is enough. You know the Governor said there will be cuts. Pick slip non tenured teachers and let the part time officials teach half a day. SAVE money give it to the kids.
It takes good leadership (principal) to have a good school. I'm not discounting the teachers because I think they're some of the best employed at any school. They do a phenomenal job. No, I'm not saying get rid of the guidance counselor. Please, don't misconstrue what I wrote. I know there will be cuts to all schools state wide. Thank WASHINGTON for that one by not knowing how to write or balance a budget.
just sayin

Chesterfield, MO

#12 Feb 25, 2013
Lotto wrote:
Better yet transfer them to the high school or middle school if they have that kind of ability to raise the test scores. The district may need to clone them.
That's quite a derogatory statement against the teacher's don't you think.
Lotto

West Liberty, KY

#13 Feb 25, 2013
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes good leadership (principal) to have a good school. I'm not discounting the teachers because I think they're some of the best employed at any school. They do a phenomenal job. No, I'm not saying get rid of the guidance counselor. Please, don't misconstrue what I wrote. I know there will be cuts to all schools state wide. Thank WASHINGTON for that one by not knowing how to write or balance a budget.
I am talking about what is best for our kids in the county not just 200 of them. If principals make the difference take some out and replace them with others that you say are the reason for the high scores. You do want to help all students don't you?
Lotto

West Liberty, KY

#14 Feb 25, 2013
You are talking about specific personal favs and I am talking about getting the job done. You say you want a job done however if your friend is in charge don't move them so they can get another school on track. Boy oh boy this county is a mess. Your way does not have helping the greater good in mind only the me me me mentality. you speak with crooked tongue.
What Do

West Liberty, KY

#15 Feb 25, 2013
Dana will most likely pack up and leave when she marries Brian Blankenship. He probably has a big salaried job waiting for her.
webster

West Liberty, KY

#16 Feb 25, 2013
What Do wrote:
Dana will most likely pack up and leave when she marries Brian Blankenship. He probably has a big salaried job waiting for her.
you spelled his name wrong. Theres a Y instead of an I.
whowhatwhenwhere

Chesterfield, MO

#17 Feb 25, 2013
What Do wrote:
I'll believe it when she turns in her resignation. Do you really think another county wants her?? I don't.
Parent

West Liberty, KY

#18 Feb 25, 2013
My child went to Botts and there was 2 teachers at each grade level, K -5, so that's 12 teachers 2 special education, 1 gym, 1 part time art. So that's 15 and a part time! Where did 25 come from? Have they added 10 teachers in the last year???
whowhatwhenwhere

Chesterfield, MO

#19 Feb 25, 2013
Funny

Tucker, GA

#20 Feb 25, 2013
I love uneducated people that somehow think they have the knowledge or insight to run a school. It's real easy to say cut salaries, fire board office staff and release teachers. When in reality most of you have no idea how a school is managed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frenchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rick Carroll 6 hr none of your busi... 4
Dale Botts running his mouth on the internet. ... 7 hr Happy Happy Happy 1
Kaye King 16 hr well 7
People should know ! Jul 23 remoG 5
dumpster diving Jul 23 My Name is Earl 5
Miles Wagoner Jul 22 Miles Wagner 20
david lewis and brittany becraft Jul 21 mee 9

Frenchburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance