Menifee/Mitchell School Board - How C...

Menifee/Mitchell School Board - How Could You?

Posted in the Frenchburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Eyes Open Now

Campton, KY

#1 Nov 6, 2012
I think I am pretty much a typical parent/taxpayer in Menifee. I helped raised funds ever since the first day my first child walked into a Kindergarten class room - in the early grades there was usually a list of items needed (Kleenex, Paper Towels, etc) that I always sent, I went the fundraising functions at school, I helped raise money for school trips, school equipment, and After Prom. I did this without compensation because it was what a parent interested in the well-being of their children does. All this time, I attended less than 10 school board meetings - not because I did not care, or was not interested; but because I thought I knew most of the board members and they seemed to have a level head on their shoulders - obviously, I was in error in this belief. Actually, I was more hurt and discouraged, then angry; when I heard about the Mitchells and their excessive salaries. How can you justify the superintendent's inordinate salary? The former person that had the job Mrs. Mitchell now has made less than $30,000 - Mrs Mitchell makes almost 3 times that. Also, our children lost out because some of the educators that got pink-slipped this year were young, quality teachers we need in our system - SO please justify paying the Mitchells their outrageous salaries and letting good educators go that we need? Of course, the Mitchells are not the ONLY ONES in the Board Office with excessive salaries - it's almost a joke - except the joke is on us and the future of our education system.
P.S. You, the person with the Lafayette, IN and Richmond, IN IPS address - don't you worry yourself about my spelling/grammar. You seem to do that a lot on here. Guess what, that doesn't make you look smart, at all.
did you see

Richmond, KY

#2 Nov 6, 2012
hey now, this is the best school system in the district, go back and talk to your dingo again and learn something
spell checker

West Liberty, KY

#3 Nov 6, 2012
It will be now since the clean sweep.The school system is the district.
AAA

United States

#4 Nov 6, 2012
Eyes Open Now wrote:
I think I am pretty much a typical parent/taxpayer in Menifee. I helped raised funds ever since the first day my first child walked into a Kindergarten class room - in the early grades there was usually a list of items needed (Kleenex, Paper Towels, etc) that I always sent, I went the fundraising functions at school, I helped raise money for school trips, school equipment, and After Prom. I did this without compensation because it was what a parent interested in the well-being of their children does. All this time, I attended less than 10 school board meetings - not because I did not care, or was not interested; but because I thought I knew most of the board members and they seemed to have a level head on their shoulders - obviously, I was in error in this belief. Actually, I was more hurt and discouraged, then angry; when I heard about the Mitchells and their excessive salaries. How can you justify the superintendent's inordinate salary? The former person that had the job Mrs. Mitchell now has made less than $30,000 - Mrs Mitchell makes almost 3 times that. Also, our children lost out because some of the educators that got pink-slipped this year were young, quality teachers we need in our system - SO please justify paying the Mitchells their outrageous salaries and letting good educators go that we need? Of course, the Mitchells are not the ONLY ONES in the Board Office with excessive salaries - it's almost a joke - except the joke is on us and the future of our education system.
P.S. You, the person with the Lafayette, IN and Richmond, IN IPS address - don't you worry yourself about my spelling/grammar. You seem to do that a lot on here. Guess what, that doesn't make you look smart, at all.
As far as the Mitchell's salary goes - you get what you pay for, if you want quality you have to pay more.
ron

West Liberty, KY

#5 Nov 7, 2012
Just you wait.them news vans will be here before the year is out.and so will the dirty laundry.its really going to get good around here!
Dont Tread On Me

West Liberty, KY

#6 Nov 7, 2012
I wonder if mitchell would like a roll of bologna to take with him when he leaves?
Elaine

West Liberty, KY

#7 Nov 7, 2012
did you see wrote:
hey now, this is the best school system in the district, go back and talk to your dingo again and learn something
maybe the dingo ate your baby!!!!!!!
jokey

West Liberty, KY

#8 Nov 8, 2012
Dont Tread On Me wrote:
I wonder if mitchell would like a roll of bologna to take with him when he leaves?
it must have been love but its over now...its must have been good but the board lost it somehow...lmao
Let it Ride

Tucker, GA

#9 Nov 16, 2012
My momma always said be careful what you wish for.....

Menifee Co has a great school system now. Mr Mitchell has been a great leader.

This new board will end up making Bath Co look awesome. I think the citizens of Menifee do not want negative attention. These new members need to remember they are going to be responsible for the outcome.
My kids

Tucker, GA

#10 Nov 16, 2012
Did you notice the ignorance voted in. Food stamp voters are sorry

My kids will transfer to Rowan County next year. Tired of the ignorance in those that won
Good News

West Liberty, KY

#11 Nov 16, 2012
My kids wrote:
Did you notice the ignorance voted in. Food stamp voters are sorry
My kids will transfer to Rowan County next year. Tired of the ignorance in those that won
I hope you move to Rowan county with your child,but first pay your child support so you can make your dream come true.
Good News

West Liberty, KY

#12 Nov 16, 2012
Let it Ride wrote:
My momma always said be careful what you wish for.....
Menifee Co has a great school system now. Mr Mitchell has been a great leader.
This new board will end up making Bath Co look awesome. I think the citizens of Menifee do not want negative attention. These new members need to remember they are going to be responsible for the outcome.
Kindly take your awesome self to bath co. you are right on the bath line catherine.
Let it Ride

Tucker, GA

#13 Nov 16, 2012
Your school will go to the lowest ranks if those power hungry folks try to impose their grudges.

The teachers there will not stand for such ignorance and should walk out of there if they try their shenanigans.
nottheboss

San Jose, CA

#14 Mar 11, 2013
Everyone in Menifee is mad about these new members trying to act like God except a few of the wells and bp's little clique
This is

West Liberty, KY

#15 Mar 11, 2013
a dumb buzzard post using a proxy server to turn its richmond isp into a (nottheboss)
San Jose, CA
nottheboss wrote:
Everyone in Menifee is mad about these new members trying to act like God except a few of the wells and bp's little clique
in 2007 the dumb buzzard posted this in the owingsville forum
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/owingsville-k...
this person really needs mental help
I think if anyone knows this dumb buzzard (solution) person it would be their civic duty to turn the dumb buzzard in before they act out on one of their topix fantasies
not the fair

San Jose, CA

#16 Mar 11, 2013
I hear tell that the west liberty buzzard meat chaser has been identified and is the same that goes by wise owl, the same one that slandered all of the good teachers trying to get denny p the supers job

Wendell get ready
not the fair is

West Liberty, KY

#17 Mar 11, 2013
(solution) using proxy server to cover up richmond isp
Dumb buzzard do you think that post you made in 2007 could be considered terroristic threatning

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/owingsville-k...
ADTx3

Chesterfield, MO

#18 Mar 11, 2013
nottheboss wrote:
Better to act like God than the devil. Yep, people are mad at the board office crew and the 30 + better known as the "bratty bunch" or the "screaming teacher creatures" plus the hand clapping bossy christian on the board. Menifee is unhappy about how things have gone in the past. Poor choices when spending money and poor student test scores. I am to spend money on the kids and to get their test scores up above the state average in reading and mathematics.
0 percent interest

Chesterfield, MO

#19 Mar 11, 2013
Let it Ride wrote:
Your school will go to the lowest ranks if those power hungry folks try to impose their grudges.
The teachers there will not stand for such ignorance and should walk out of there if they try their shenanigans.
What 30 from botts. Ummmmmmmm majority of teachers can't stand what is going on with school and sure may be forced to attend board meetings but their hearts are not in political rumbling only want to teach kids.
Wise Owl

Frenchburg, KY

#20 Mar 11, 2013
Where are you getting your test score information? Better look a little closer. Middle School has the best test scores ever (even better than when the good old boy Ben was in control). Best in the area. Look again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frenchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quiz- This is pitiful 6 hr Funny ha ha 4
The Greatest 6 hr Funny ha ha 5
Corruption or organized crime what do you call it 6 hr Larry 11
Jennifer rawlings 10 hr AAN 4
need a change Wed Where is Waldo 2
Why is the KY Attorney General covering for a l... Wed drain the swamp 4
School Tax meeting Wed vote them out 5

Frenchburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance