Passed-over Ivy Tech exec resigns

Passed-over Ivy Tech exec resigns

There are 32 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from May 5, 2007, titled Passed-over Ivy Tech exec resigns. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Ivy Tech college's executive vice president, who was passed over by the Board of Trustees in its search for a new president, has resigned.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Franklin

Roanoke, IN

#22 May 5, 2007
I don't understand. Which one is the "political hack". It seems folks have decided that one or the other is. The one leaving was recommended by the Governor. Does that make her a ploitical hack?

The other was hired and some here claim that politics got him the job. How does that happen?
Brain Drain

Corydon, IN

#23 May 5, 2007
reality bites wrote:
<quoted text> Toyota doesn't have a union. Hopefully Ivy Tech won't get one and then everything will be fine. Unions kill jobs. Eastern Airlines, Delco Remy, GM, The Atlas supermarket on College... the list is pretty long.
Management kills jobs. They have spent decades blaming and nickel-and-diming the workers to try to emulate slaves. While U.S. students refuse to go into science and engineering because they don't pay anything any more, other countries treat those as well-paid respected professions. Welcome to the next third-world banana-republic country, the United States of Greedmerica.
Brain Drain

Corydon, IN

#24 May 5, 2007
reality bites wrote:
<quoted text> Toyota doesn't have a union. Hopefully Ivy Tech won't get one and then everything will be fine. Unions kill jobs. Eastern Airlines, Delco Remy, GM, The Atlas supermarket on College... the list is pretty long.
U.S. managers can no longer blame the unions. The U.S. management style intentionally abandoned innovation decades ago in favor of the "do more with less" dictum. They're going to have to actually think, now, instead of just ignoring reality and glibly blaming their workers.
Average Joe

Indianapolis, IN

#25 May 5, 2007
get real wrote:
<quoted text>management ran the companies NOT the workers, the union just provided a decent living
Oh, don't get me started on unions. I thought that I would be a union boilermaker for life after high school...but the union was unreasonable and I was laid off...I worked in the steel mills and again, the union was unreasonable (we even got United Nations day as a paid holiday) and I again was laid off. It worked out for me as I then started college, but how many lives have been devastated by the greedy, corrupt and unreasonable unions?

Back to the post topic...we do not know what information was considered in the decision, so whether you a re pro or con on the personal side of either candidate, on the business side we have to trust that the best candidate was selected.
Brain Drain

Corydon, IN

#26 May 5, 2007
Average Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
...we do not know what information was considered in the decision, so whether you a re pro or con on the personal side of either candidate, on the business side we have to trust that the best candidate was selected.
Exactly. What information was the decision based on? An in-house qualified candidate was passed over for a politically-connected outsider. As a result, they've lost passed-over employee, also. To paraphrase Ricky Ricardo, "They've got some 'splaining to do!"
Jim

Greenfield, IN

#27 May 5, 2007
Need you all to think about this one....It says the Gov backed her. We all know Mitch, who is to say that he also backed him without her knowledge. Look who he backed for Galyans and what happened to them? And don't get me started with the BMV.
Bill Arnold - Speedway

Indianapolis, IN

#28 May 5, 2007
Recommended by Ol' Mitch "We'll bring the Iraq mess in for around 60 Billion" Daniels. Sorry, Carol - that's the kiss of
death.
Brain Drain

Corydon, IN

#29 May 5, 2007
Jim wrote:
Need you all to think about this one....It says the Gov backed her. We all know Mitch, who is to say that he also backed him without her knowledge. Look who he backed for Galyans and what happened to them? And don't get me started with the BMV.
Yeah, the new license plate sounds like an episode of "The Simpsons." "After months of contests and design evaluation, the state of Indiana picked a design that looked exactly like Michigan's." ...kind of like copying off the C student in class.
JAM

Fort Thomas, KY

#30 May 5, 2007
Give the man a chance. I agree with Double Victory on what he said. The only other good thing would be for Mitch Daniels resign
Gerald needed Carol

Peru, IN

#32 May 5, 2007
Wouldn't want to ruffle the good ole boy network.
I wish her well; she did more behind the scenes while Lamkin was in office than HE did. Time will tell if the support staff will make him look as good as Carol made Gerald look.
How unfortunate for the students and faculty who expected the in-house candidate who was well-qualified, familiar with and already doing much of Lamkin's job.
Time WILL tell.
celebration time

United States

#33 May 6, 2007
I worked with her on a day to day basis and there will be one big celebration when she is finally gone.
word

Lebanon, IN

#34 May 7, 2007
celebration time wrote:
I worked with her on a day to day basis and there will be one big celebration when she is finally gone.
Yeah, well the thing is with Snyder - there was no one left to celebrate when he was finally gone. This is the best Ivy can do? Give him a couple of years, he'll find a way to screw it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

French Lick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any lady’s interested in receiving oral no retu... Nov 19 Looking for luv 1
Damien Cox: Child Groomer Nov 19 ThePheonix 1
News Man Arrested On Multiple Deer Poaching Charges ... Nov 16 ohmgod 1
Unlimited high speed satellite internet anywhere Nov 11 Eric morrison 1
Lawrence Billy Mattingly Oct 31 Ttb22 1
cps Oct '17 worried citjzen 1
welfare Sep '17 justin 1

French Lick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance