Roadshow: Drivers say extended carpoo...

Roadshow: Drivers say extended carpool hours on 237 causing long delays on 880

There are 1 comment on the Inside Bay Area story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Roadshow: Drivers say extended carpool hours on 237 causing long delays on 880. In it, Inside Bay Area reports that:

Q What will the VTA do about the new backup all through Fremont into Union City between 9 a.m. and noon on southbound Interstate 880? Q Solo drivers are no longer able to drive the carpool lane from 880 onto Highway 237 until after 10 a.m. with the new toll lanes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inside Bay Area.

Calvin

Pasadena, CA

#1 Mar 28, 2012
This really violates the solo drivers' rights as the government only wants to collect more fee to fill its' large budget hole by pushing back to carpool/fee-based express lane for one hour. When did they pass the law? Was it simply decided by the county? There was a huge traffic jam from mission blvd on HWY 880 all the way to Hwy 237 this morning and I am expecting the same bad traffic in the evening too. Meanwhile, I did not see the obvious increase in usuage on the express lane that VTA plans to generate sizable revenues with right before 10am today.

Why didn't the State of California modify the proposition 13 to collect more tax revenues as a lot of multi-million home owners in the bay area pay property taxes based on only fractions of the market values if they purchased the houses prior to the pricing boom from 2000-2006? That would largely reduce the budget deficit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fremont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Claycord Online Museum - Winchell's Donut H... (Sep '17) Sat A Thought 2
Hillary Seeing Trees Funding ISIS??? May 23 Cowboy 1
Facebook vs Twitter May 22 Really 171
If you hate the Trump's? Then try another (Feb '17) May 22 bubba bubz bubber 12
News Antioch: Armed carjacking suspect arrested Frid... May 20 Sky zeng 1
Jury Duty is Just for Suckers in Alameda County! (Mar '09) May 9 Robby C 7
sharing wife (Jan '14) Apr '18 marcouple 6

Fremont Jobs

Personal Finance

Fremont Mortgages