Motorcyclist killed in Niles Canyon

Motorcyclist killed in Niles Canyon

There are 21 comments on the Inside Bay Area story from Jun 13, 2007, titled Motorcyclist killed in Niles Canyon. In it, Inside Bay Area reports that:

FREMONT _ A motorcyclist was killed Tuesday night in Niles Canyon when he drove off a roadway and plunged into the dry creek bed below, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inside Bay Area.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
yeah

San Jose, CA

#1 Jun 13, 2007
Niles Canyon is a deadly place. RIP
MAYHEM STREET RIDERS

Arlington Heights, IL

#2 Jun 21, 2007
Damn ....May that rider rest in peace!!
christine coal city ill

United States

#3 Jun 26, 2007
i lived near niles canyon for years their are people that can not drive right go slow and pay atention and drive with caution RIP to all theat dont make it out alive !!!!!!
max

Chicago, IL

#4 Jul 6, 2007
wat a idiot, motorcycles r DANGEROUS,O WELL
SHI* HAPPENS,RIP
IM MISSING YOU BINIAM

San Jose, CA

#5 Jul 6, 2007
max wrote:
wat a idiot, motorcycles r DANGEROUS,O WELL
SHI* HAPPENS,RIP
MAY HE REST IN PEACE ACCIDENTS HAPPEN HE IS NOT AN IDIOT FOR THAT HAVE RESPECT
Kitty

San Ramon, CA

#6 Jul 6, 2007
It's true sometime cars or motorcyle can be dangerous. I'm sorry for his family.. but motorcycler do run very fast most of the time. Its really dangerous.. and hard to steer. Some people did stupid things that cause their life.. I dont necessarily refering to this person.

So anyways, be careful out there. Sometime its not our fault.

"Losing someone we love is the hardest thing that we ever do"
uclocal

Walnut Creek, CA

#7 Nov 27, 2007
When I drove through Niles Canyon I was scared and I drove slow because I had read an article of the fatal accidents that occurred in Niles Canyon and I was determined to get out of there safely. Perhaps the motorcyclist was not aware of all the deaths that occurred in Nile Canyon. My sympathy goes out to his family for their loss.
IrvMommy2

United States

#8 Dec 22, 2007
The guy was under the influence from what I heard. May he rest in peace anyway, no one should got that way. BUT - People need to stop riding drunk. Other than that its mostly other motorists in cars, trucks, etc that make the road unsafe for motorcyclists.
motorcycle mama

United States

#9 Dec 28, 2007
i drive a car and motorcycle through niles every day ! it is dangerous.. especially the large trucks, and people on their cell phones drinking coffee not paying attention. I have had several scares with trucks and cars passing over the center line. I see the flowers placed where the person passed and say a little prayer the family finds strength to keep on. RIP. To all you car drivers not all motorcyle riders are wild !:-)
Laurie Solorio Gladysz NH

Manchester, NH

#10 Dec 29, 2007
Sorry to hear about again another death in Niles Canyon it is a very scary road.
Stay safe everyone!! and to the driver of the bike God be with you
old dude

Portland, OR

#11 Jan 11, 2008
back in the late 1970's my buddies and I would run that canyon-smoking Harleys on our Brit and Italian twins with the odd H2-KZ or Honda, a good friend of mine was riding with his brother in law on the back and had a head on at speed with a small Japanese car-four dead on the spot,pre helmet law and the road was crap,at least we didnt have the acceleration of modern bikes, a 100mph is plenty to kill ya now matter how long it took to get there. I have been lucky so many times that for the last few years I back off the last 5%-makes all the difference. I ride everyday as fast as I want-luck is huge and just back off a bit so I can ride another day..
zed

Millbrae, CA

#12 Jan 15, 2008
if you cant ride like the big boys, put the training wheels back on little lady.
IrvMommy2

United States

#13 Jan 18, 2008
Funny
zed wrote:
if you cant ride like the big boys, put the training wheels back on little lady.
Thomas

United States

#14 Jan 18, 2008
James 4:14
you do not know what will happed tomorrow.for what is your life!it is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.

God Bless

Thomas of Pleasanton and i like ridding a Motorcycle
thats what I said

Portland, OR

#15 Jan 22, 2008
Zed rhymes with dead-now thats funny.
Living in Fremont must be like dying everyday
IveBeenToWar

Berkeley, CA

#16 Feb 3, 2008
Again....
Princess Cody

Richmond, CA

#17 May 13, 2008
I take the canyon everyday. The idiots that ride their bicycles in there are a hazard. people dump on there brakes for them when they arent even in the road. and those big rigs should NOT be allowed in there! It's an awesome drive if you know how to drive it.
LilMoodie

Fremont, CA

#18 May 15, 2008
Princess Cody wrote:
I take the canyon everyday. The idiots that ride their bicycles in there are a hazard. people dump on there brakes for them when they arent even in the road. and those big rigs should NOT be allowed in there! It's an awesome drive if you know how to drive it.
Really? Aren't you off the main topic here? I am one of those "idiots" and I drive and ride very well. Like I said in an earlier post as IrvMommy2 - the guy was under the influence, and caused his own demise, and it's too bad. I've lost a couple of friends on bikes lately, not in the canyon, and all but one have been because people in cars or trucks don't watch out when they change lanes, or they go over the line and crash into the bikes. You're the idiot.
joyce palmore adams

Mccurtain, OK

#19 Aug 16, 2008
uclocal wrote:
When I drove through Niles Canyon I was scared and I drove slow because I had read an article of the fatal accidents that occurred in Niles Canyon and I was determined to get out of there safely. Perhaps the motorcyclist was not aware of all the deaths that occurred in Nile Canyon. My sympathy goes out to his family for their loss.
niles canyon is a lot safer now then it used to be.i loved it.
uclocal

Pleasanton, CA

#20 Oct 6, 2008
joyce palmore adams wrote:
<quoted text>niles canyon is a lot safer now then it used to be.i loved it.
Don't care how much niles canyon is improved. I've still got a fear of driving through it so I drive on Mission to 680 instead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fremont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Seeing Trees Funding ISIS??? 4 hr Cowboy 1
Facebook vs Twitter Tue Really 171
If you hate the Trump's? Then try another (Feb '17) Tue bubba bubz bubber 12
News Antioch: Armed carjacking suspect arrested Frid... May 20 Sky zeng 1
Jury Duty is Just for Suckers in Alameda County! (Mar '09) May 9 Robby C 7
sharing wife (Jan '14) Apr '18 marcouple 6
News CA Farmer Rescued after Fall into Deep Well Apr '18 Neoprene Water Baby 2

Fremont Jobs

Personal Finance

Fremont Mortgages