gangs in fremont
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Yuppy

San Francisco, CA

#1 Jul 17, 2007
IT LOOKS LIKE MOST OF THEM ARE GONE WHICH IS A GOOD THING! WOOHOO!
Jack

United States

#2 Jul 29, 2007
don't fool yourself there are still plenty of gangs in fremont...Now there are more asian and middle eastern gangs than ever before. And with other cities cracking down on gangs the gangs just go to Fremont to commit their crimes. Because they know that Fremont's police force is a joke. Wake up..your city is getting worse everyday.
yeah

San Jose, CA

#3 Jul 30, 2007
Jack wrote:
don't fool yourself there are still plenty of gangs in fremont...Now there are more asian and middle eastern gangs than ever before. And with other cities cracking down on gangs the gangs just go to Fremont to commit their crimes. Because they know that Fremont's police force is a joke. Wake up..your city is getting worse everyday.
Jack, whats with all your hate? Fremont makes B-town and Oakland look like Iraq. Granted there are isolated cases, but that has been the case since the early days of the Mission San Jose. I think all this bias you carry around is ignorant and dull. Seek help to better yourself.
jack

United States

#4 Aug 3, 2007
Okay in the last two days there have been 2 armed robberies at local grocery stores in Fremont. One the safeway on washington the other the Albertsons on mission about a mile away. You tell me your city isn't getting more violent. I am sure there were several other violent crimes commited that didn't make it in the paper. Really something needs to be done.
yeah

San Jose, CA

#5 Aug 3, 2007
jack wrote:
Okay in the last two days there have been 2 armed robberies at local grocery stores in Fremont. One the safeway on washington the other the Albertsons on mission about a mile away. You tell me your city isn't getting more violent. I am sure there were several other violent crimes commited that didn't make it in the paper. Really something needs to be done.
This isnt new. Things like this have always been present. That said, its hardly a crime wave and as someone who has lived in East Oakland and West Berkeley, I can tell you from a safety level its like night and day. So to answer your sensationalist question; its an easy no, the city of Fremont and the surrounding area is not getting more violent, in fact there has been no considerable rise in crime here since the late 60s. All said, what is it to you? Are you making up this shit for a reason? Or are you really a concerned citizen? I think your just upset that the A's are moving to Southern Alameda County, if thats the cae, you should stop trippin. The stadium deal is not a done deal yet, but if it doesnt happen, you will have to get on a plane next time you wanna see the A's.
jack

United States

#6 Aug 3, 2007
I don't really care about baseball..but i do care about Fremont and the things that the city would rather spend money on than keeping the city safe. It is fitting that Fremont's city councel want to get the Oakland A's to come here, since the city is become the next oakland.
yeah

San Jose, CA

#7 Aug 3, 2007
jack wrote:
I don't really care about baseball..but i do care about Fremont and the things that the city would rather spend money on than keeping the city safe. It is fitting that Fremont's city councel want to get the Oakland A's to come here, since the city is become the next oakland.
Fair enough, but I think having the A's will be a tremendous boon for Fremont. More tax money,,means more city services. And the Cisco Field village will bring a great deal of both to Fremont. And yah know, there is a lot of Oakland that is really nice and even upscale, such as Rockridge, Piedmont Ave and Montclair. I wish Fremont had a little of the great retail shops that are there. Even grocery stores like Whole Foods and Trader Joes are way better than the stores in Fremont. And when it comes to eating, Oakland has far more great, world class places to eat! The Chabot Space Center is fantastic! Fairyland is a great place to take the kids, Lake Merrit offers many amenities and the beautiful Redwood trees and gorgeous parks that crown the city of Oakland from the highest hills are wonderful. I pray Fremont can be that good! Maybe you should spend a little more time in Oakland before you diss it.
That said, its time for the 4th largest city in the Bay Area to act like it. Fremont needs to grow and should find ways to take the best of the best examples of the big cities that surround her. And yes, I say again, there is a great deal of positive things in Oakland once you get past the headlines.
joyce palmore adams

Mccurtain, OK

#8 Aug 6, 2007
yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Jack, whats with all your hate? Fremont makes B-town and Oakland look like Iraq. Granted there are isolated cases, but that has been the case since the early days of the Mission San Jose. I think all this bias you carry around is ignorant and dull. Seek help to better yourself.
i was raised in the area before it was fremont. there was nothing going on then. you couldn't pay me to live there now,we didn't hear about any gangs at that time
joyce palmore adams

Mccurtain, OK

#9 Aug 6, 2007
i was raised in newark and fremont from 1945 till 1971. we could walk down the streets at any time and feel safe,we had no gangs. even when it first became fremont,it was safe. when general motors first built their plant,it seems thats when things started getting out of hand,i read the online newspaper and i still can't believe how much the area has changed{for the worse] good luck!
yeah

San Jose, CA

#10 Aug 6, 2007
joyce palmore adams wrote:
i was raised in newark and fremont from 1945 till 1971. we could walk down the streets at any time and feel safe,we had no gangs. even when it first became fremont,it was safe. when general motors first built their plant,it seems thats when things started getting out of hand,i read the online newspaper and i still can't believe how much the area has changed{for the worse] good luck!
I was in this area in the 1960s and there were lots of gangs, you must have been naive or very isolated to be so blissfully unaware. Hell, a gang banger assassinated Union City's Chief of Police in the early 70s. I can say with conviction,the Fremont Tri-Cities is FAR more peaceful and safe now than in the late 60s and early 70s.
bob

Fremont, CA

#11 Aug 31, 2007
THUMBS DOWN BRO
Imhotep

Fremont, CA

#12 Sep 3, 2007
I agree that gang activity was more active in Fremont during the late sixties and early seventies. But something has to be done about the criminal activity occurring today
joyce palmore adams

Mccurtain, OK

#13 Sep 5, 2007
wake up!!!!!!!

Since: Sep 07

Newark, CA

#14 Sep 7, 2007
Dear "yeah", please dial it down just a bit and take it easier on Jack. I'm thinking that Jack and I both remember a time in Fremont when discussions about issues like this could be done civilly without automatically jumping to the worst possible conclusions about the motivations of the other party. We also remember when Fremont was a safe, small town with no pretensions of competing with places like Oakland - Oakland is fine, if that is what you are looking for. Perhaps you would enjoy living there. It is our City leadership which is leading us down the yellow brick road to an Emerald City, green from all of the money made by the business interests which hold their leash. People who don't remember what Fremont was can't possibly mourn the loss of its innocence like us old-timers do. Think - care - seek peace.
yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough, but I think having the A's will be a tremendous boon for Fremont. More tax money,,means more city services. And the Cisco Field village will bring a great deal of both to Fremont. And yah know, there is a lot of Oakland that is really nice and even upscale, such as Rockridge, Piedmont Ave and Montclair. I wish Fremont had a little of the great retail shops that are there. Even grocery stores like Whole Foods and Trader Joes are way better than the stores in Fremont. And when it comes to eating, Oakland has far more great, world class places to eat! The Chabot Space Center is fantastic! Fairyland is a great place to take the kids, Lake Merrit offers many amenities and the beautiful Redwood trees and gorgeous parks that crown the city of Oakland from the highest hills are wonderful. I pray Fremont can be that good! Maybe you should spend a little more time in Oakland before you diss it.
That said, its time for the 4th largest city in the Bay Area to act like it. Fremont needs to grow and should find ways to take the best of the best examples of the big cities that surround her. And yes, I say again, there is a great deal of positive things in Oakland once you get past the headlines.
yeah

Fremont, CA

#15 Sep 7, 2007
waterpark wrote:
Dear "yeah", please dial it down just a bit and take it easier on Jack. I'm thinking that Jack and I both remember a time in Fremont when discussions about issues like this could be done civilly without automatically jumping to the worst possible conclusions about the motivations of the other party. We also remember when Fremont was a safe, small town with no pretensions of competing with places like Oakland - Oakland is fine, if that is what you are looking for. Perhaps you would enjoy living there. It is our City leadership which is leading us down the yellow brick road to an Emerald City, green from all of the money made by the business interests which hold their leash. People who don't remember what Fremont was can't possibly mourn the loss of its innocence like us old-timers do. Think - care - seek peace.
<quoted text>
"loss of its innocence"???ROFL!!
The Fremont area has a long history of gangsters + crime going all the way back to Murrieta and beyond.
But why wax nostalgic, when change is inevitable? Its up to us to render and modify the changes as they come. Fremont is the Bay Areas 4th largest city! Its time we acted like it.
CENTRALERO X3

Cancún, Mexico

#16 Sep 24, 2007
IF YOU HAVE KIDS WORRY ABOUT THEM JOINING A GANG.
BUT YOU AINT GOT NO KIDS YOU CANT DO NOTHING TO STOP GANGS.JUST LOOK OUT FOR THE MOST COWARDS THAT ARE THE WHITE TRASH WANNA BE SKIN HEADS.THEY ATTACK WOMEN AND CHILDREN CAUSE THEY CANT DEAL WITH REAL MEN.
crime web site

Oakland, CA

#17 Sep 24, 2007
hey does any one know if fremont has a web site mapping all there crimes? i heard that san jose just came out with one it gives: dates; time; and location. if so what is it? i alway have cops on my street and police tape but i can never find out what is going on in any of the papers.
better than you

El Cerrito, CA

#18 Sep 26, 2007
I think gangbangers should be surgically crippled.I wouldn't mind a bit paying a little more at the pump if those taxes went to hobbling minority gangbangers.
All over the bayarea

South San Francisco, CA

#19 Sep 26, 2007
Hello,
I am a 23 year old currently living in Fremont. I grew up all over the bay area from San Jose to Richmond. I would just like to say that Fremont is just like every other city when it comes to crime. You have the nice areas where you know that you can walk outside at night and not worry about anyone running up on you asking what you claim or trying to make a name for him/herself. And of course you have the not so nice area for example Decoto. I feel if you choose to lie in an area like that then expect for things to happen.
I also lived in Newark for many years and if anyone were to tell me that there were not gangs when they lived there is a joke. My fiances family grew up in Newark and there were gangs everywhere. And its sad to say but while I was in highschool I noticed many of my fellow students where not even from Newark, they came from Oakland and Fremont because they were kicked out of their own city schools. And this caused many people to join together and start their gangs.
We need to open our eyes and see this is EVERYWHERE. I believe the young "gangsters" parents should be held accountable for many of the acts their children are commiting. And as for all the adults who still think the gang banging is a way of life, I believe nobody can change them but themselves. We need to also remember most of these gang members come from broken homes and families that do not have a lot of money. So they run to the gang for support.
As for the Asian and middle eastern gangs... I really have no comment. To me they are a joke!
gangbangers are gay

El Cerrito, CA

#20 Sep 27, 2007
All over the bayarea wrote:
Hello,
I am a 23 year old currently living in Fremont. I grew up all over the bay area from San Jose to Richmond. I would just like to say that Fremont is just like every other city when it comes to crime. You have the nice areas where you know that you can walk outside at night and not worry about anyone running up on you asking what you claim or trying to make a name for him/herself. And of course you have the not so nice area for example Decoto. I feel if you choose to lie in an area like that then expect for things to happen.
I also lived in Newark for many years and if anyone were to tell me that there were not gangs when they lived there is a joke. My fiances family grew up in Newark and there were gangs everywhere. And its sad to say but while I was in highschool I noticed many of my fellow students where not even from Newark, they came from Oakland and Fremont because they were kicked out of their own city schools. And this caused many people to join together and start their gangs.
We need to open our eyes and see this is EVERYWHERE. I believe the young "gangsters" parents should be held accountable for many of the acts their children are commiting. And as for all the adults who still think the gang banging is a way of life, I believe nobody can change them but themselves. We need to also remember most of these gang members come from broken homes and families that do not have a lot of money. So they run to the gang for support.
As for the Asian and middle eastern gangs... I really have no comment. To me they are a joke!
I agree that parents need to be held accountable for what their kids do,hey maybe we could surgically cripple the entire families of gangstas as a form of rehabilitation. leave the use of the left arm, teach them 10 key.give them a purpose other than trying to impress some gay ass rap star who could care less about them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fremont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Antioch: Armed carjacking suspect arrested Frid... 11 hr Sky zeng 1
Facebook vs Twitter Sat Fake Accounts 169
Old Photos of Southland Mall? (Dec '08) Sat Pop 14
If you hate the Trump's? Then try another (Feb '17) May 16 who knew 11
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Colorful Digi... (Aug '17) May 15 Really the Best 218
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) May 15 Fake Accounts 497
Jury Duty is Just for Suckers in Alameda County! (Mar '09) May 9 Robby C 7

Fremont Jobs

Personal Finance

Fremont Mortgages