Gangs in fremont area
From the Mont

Oakdale, CA

#94 Jun 8, 2008
Every hard-headed, thuggin, gun-carrying "gangsta" got their start somewhere. They are all wannabes until they do something. What you are seeing slowly happening is the city of Fremont becoming urban. Fremont for the most part is safe... now. I am not dooming the city to become the next urban blight of the Bay Area either. Today's wannabes are tomorrow's suspects. It's very unlikely that a city of Fremont's size to not have an increasing number of crime. BTW, just because the murder rate is low doesn't mean a city is "safe." look at violent crime and drug arrests. Don't blame the PD, be active in your community.
jim

Newark, CA

#95 Jun 9, 2008
YOU GUYS SUCK
FMT

Fremont, CA

#96 Jul 17, 2008
Surenos are taking over fremont
Anonymous

San Bruno, CA

#97 Jul 19, 2008
Fremont is one of the safest city in the US with a population of 100,000-249,999. I haven't seen any real gangsters in this area, mostly just wannabes.
mike smith

Alameda, CA

#98 Aug 11, 2008
fremont PD is a joke thats only good for writting tickets. any time a real crime occurs they dont know what to do
joyce palmore adams

Mccurtain, OK

#99 Aug 16, 2008
i am from the old fremont before it was fremont. i lived in centerville, irvington, newark,mission san jose. we used to go to the theatre in centerville,we went swimming at niles canyon.i also lived in newark thats where i went to grammar school,i then went to washington high school.remembering back i would never trade what used to be in that area.it was nice and safe. too bad all this had to change.i started high school in 1954. hope to hear more comments from us old timers.
joyce palmore adams

Mccurtain, OK

#100 Aug 16, 2008
ValCoates_OLD wrote:
I grew up in Fremont, but haven't been there in over 25 years. I lived just down from The Hub...and never once did I nor my parents worry about me walking up there alone.(I remember going up to Fry's with a note from my mom for them to sell me cigarettes for her....my how THAT has changed!!).
Anyway, last time I visited, I drove down the street I grew up on, and I was afraid. I guess that's "goodbye childhood" for sure.
I still wonder what happened to a few of my neighbors! I remember on Sacramento Avenue, the Dunlaps, the Mendozas, the Balsamos, The Norris's of course!!!...The Nunnaly brothers, and the old drunk guy next door (never did learn his name, he was "beer-belly" to us)...and the Meyers who lived next door. I don't know what happened to Steven....he delighted in showing us his dead dog...I still expect to see him show up on "America's Most Wanted" someday.
I'm sure there are decent areas of Fremont, just as there are in any town. I'm glad I can remember the good times....and now I only have to deal with all the crime, etc in my town, and still think of Fremont as a great place to grow up!(It really was!!).
I went to Mowry, my older brothers and sister went to Walters and JFK...so if any of you remember this good stuff, send a "HI"!!
Val (Coates)
i lived in fremont and newark for 30 years. i say hi! to the ones that remember how it was. it was great and safe.i live in a town of 500,the surrounding towns are like that area used to be.
joyce palmore adams

Mccurtain, OK

#101 Aug 16, 2008
waterpark wrote:
Joyce - thank God for another old-timer! We remember what kind of place Fremont used to be, don't we? For me, that makes the slow decline over the years particularly painful to watch. It sounds like you're not still a Fremont resident - is that correct? I'm still here, primarily due to the parent-child transfer that keeps my property tax low, witnessing the slow circling of the drain by the town that I used to love, now sort of tolerate. What do you think, Joyce - is it too late for Fremont to pull a Rocky and come back for the title?
As for the gang issue, isn't it sad that you can't even make eye contact with, much less talk to, your neighbor's adolescent kids anymore because they're so obviously affiliated with some group or other and you're afraid that, if you say the wrong thing or betray the slightest weakness, you'll be subject to some kind of retribution? In old Fremont, the parents ran the neighborhood, not the kids.
<quoted text>
i live in another small town ,it is kind of another area like fremont was, i am glad i have the good memories of what it was in fremont before it out grew its self. its hard to believe the difference.
joyce palmore adams

Mccurtain, OK

#102 Aug 16, 2008
yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, the old Fremont was a big mess and tho it hasn't gotten that much better, but it has taken positive baby steps.(i remember the gangs that roamed from Irvington to Decoto in the 70s and turned Fremont Blvd into a dangerous place every weekend night),,you see,,its all in your perspective. Take a look at criome per capita in Fremont over the years, its comparably lower now.
And dont be afraid to talk to the kids, the kids are alright! Its not that difficult, all you have to do is say hello!
i left fremont in 1971, i was there from 1945 till then. i wouldn't have traded old fremont for three of the new one. yes it was safe then. i also lived in newark. i would never want to go back there now.
joyce palmore adams

Mccurtain, OK

#103 Aug 16, 2008
ValCoates_OLD wrote:
I grew up in Fremont, but haven't been there in over 25 years. I lived just down from The Hub...and never once did I nor my parents worry about me walking up there alone.(I remember going up to Fry's with a note from my mom for them to sell me cigarettes for her....my how THAT has changed!!).
Anyway, last time I visited, I drove down the street I grew up on, and I was afraid. I guess that's "goodbye childhood" for sure.
I still wonder what happened to a few of my neighbors! I remember on Sacramento Avenue, the Dunlaps, the Mendozas, the Balsamos, The Norris's of course!!!...The Nunnaly brothers, and the old drunk guy next door (never did learn his name, he was "beer-belly" to us)...and the Meyers who lived next door. I don't know what happened to Steven....he delighted in showing us his dead dog...I still expect to see him show up on "America's Most Wanted" someday.
I'm sure there are decent areas of Fremont, just as there are in any town. I'm glad I can remember the good times....and now I only have to deal with all the crime, etc in my town, and still think of Fremont as a great place to grow up!(It really was!!).
I went to Mowry, my older brothers and sister went to Walters and JFK...so if any of you remember this good stuff, send a "HI"!!
Val (Coates)
i lived on blacow road across from visking plastics,on mowry blvd,and in irvington and mission san jose. remember the monument in irvington,it was hit quite a few times
steve

Vancouver, Canada

#104 Sep 6, 2008
to all the brothers who have posted on this forum, all i gotta say is gangs are only for ppl who need attention and a "home". But what are these gangsters going to get after they die? are they guaranteed to meet God Himself?

I read an amazing story about a group of peoples who actually fought for a cause. I havent ever heard about Sikhs before after moving from New Orleans to Surrey. But this amazing story tells it all. My friend who is a Sikh invited me to attend a Sikh history program and I was amazed. In one of the lectures, i learned that a group of about 40 Sikhs fought against 1,000,000 tyranic Islamic Mughals (persians ,afghans, pakistanis, iraqis, pashtuns,etc... and Hindu Rajas and successfully defeated them! 40 defeatd one million soldiers in the 1600s or 1700s... WOW!!!! and the Sikhs were oppressed against during those days. Many of them became martyrs and these Sikhs always fought for justice of everyone... All SIkh wars were against powerful tyrranic empires. The Mughal empire wanted to convert the wolrd into islam, but the sikhs fought back and brought justice to all in the Punjab and entire INdia. Also on top of that recently in 1984 the Indian army and the govt made unsuccessful attempts to kill all Sikhs in India but these brave Sikhs fought back while they were outnumbered by the tens of thousands. But they became martyrs to keep justice alive. I also learned that if it wernt for the great sacrifices of the brave Sikhs and their Gurus, the whole world would be muslim as of today. So reading these posts I have to say that the true warriors of the world are those who fght for justice. As a black community we all look up to Martin Luhter King Jr. as he inspired our fellow black men and women to stay strong. These are the kinds of ppl we shud be trying to follow. there are many ppl from many parts of the wolrd who can make a differnece in the world. lets shun the idea of gansters and lets all be true to ourselves and serve humanity and pray to God.

Steve B.
pun

Vancouver, Canada

#105 Sep 6, 2008
I think all the punjabi youth in BC shud read the above post and evaluate themselves.

pun

Vancouver, Canada

#106 Sep 6, 2008
its sad that a new olreaner noes about this stuff than most of our punjabi youth

awesome job by the way steve
mark salcido

San Jose, CA

#107 Sep 6, 2008
There's only about three crips in all of fremont and they're pacific islanders. The asian gangs are mainly visitors from union city. The middle eastern gangs are basically gone except a small group of friends that call themselves OCP punjabs, but they don't really do anything. There's a small group of surenos (southern mexicans, blue), surenos pocos locos (few but crazy), that are mainly from the central ave. area. Honesly theres only about ten of these guys too. The main problem is all of the nortenos (northern mexicans, red), IRV, VNF, Decotex,cabrillo, etc. Take a look at all of the graffiti around fremont, about half of it says norte or x4. I know funds are tight but the city needs to step it up. The gang problem is growing but it's not that bad yet, something can still be done to keep fremont safe. For anyone who wants to see something sad and interesting go on myspace or youtube and type in fremont x4 or fremont norte or spl fremont and see what pops up. These guys post pictures of themselves with guns, throwing gang signs, etc, but nothing happens to them. California needs stricter gang laws.
mark salcido

San Jose, CA

#108 Sep 6, 2008
FMT :"Surenos are taking over fremont". I'm confused, your claiming to be a norte right? FMT=Fremont Mexican Territory, a norteno tag.
For those who don't know, the main gang issue in fremont is the constant war between the norteno gang and the sureno gang. The sureno's are sometimes immigrants from mexico or socal and nortes are usually from more established mexican american families. Probably 99% of the gang fights in fremont are between these two groups. Sometimes out of town gangsters come in to help out with the attacks also.
A major problem is the prison system. It's controlled by gangs and those inmates control everything that happens on the streets. When an inmate commits a violent crime a more extreme punishment needs to happen
FmT

Fremont, CA

#109 Sep 21, 2008
actually FMT stans for FreMonT i believe and no its not only used by the nortays
mike s

Newark, CA

#110 Sep 21, 2008
HenricoMd wrote:
more and more gangs are coming to the area. Mexican, Latinos, Blacks, Middle Easterns, Asians and Islanders.
Nortenos - Cabrillo, Niles, and Irvington Area
Surenos - Central, and Centerville area
Crips - Fremont hub, south Fremont area
fremont has turned into a melting pot
melt them

Berkeley, CA

#111 Sep 23, 2008
melt the darkies!!!
fremont resident

Fremont, CA

#113 Sep 27, 2008
the surenos is mainly mowry to thorthon all that area is considered central fremont and run by the blue raggers.
la central

San Juan Del Río, Mexico

#114 Nov 11, 2008
norcaca central13 por vida fmt13

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fremont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) Fri Ron 151
News Man in car exposes himself to woman in Palo Alto Dec 1 Kevin from Michigan 1
Uber for Drones - "Palo Altitude" startup Nov 30 Palo Altitude 1
News Trump deportation plan sends South Bay leaders ... Nov 29 spytheweb 2
Lake County Corrupt Cops (Jul '09) Nov 27 Lana norales 17
News Family Shocked to Find 56 Pro-Trump Flags on Fr... Nov 27 Lisa Stevenson 1
News Elon Musk announces that Tesla will build a sec... Nov 10 Solarman 1

Fremont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fremont Mortgages