joyce palmore adams

Mccurtain, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

you know at lest i have some good memories of what it used to be.small towns ,safe to walk the streets,i never used to lock my doors.niles canyon,two lane road through it,swimming anywhere you found it.i don't think things have changed for the good.when i first moved there before all this incorporation,it was 100 square miles and only 29,000 people. so many things have disappeared,i remember before lake elizabeth.i hope where i am now never changes,we even have foothills and country.
cranky

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2009

Judged:

fk all u guys we going to take over all the bay area varrio b street lokotes 13
joyce palmore adams

Mccurtain, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2009

cranky wrote:
fk all u guys we going to take over all the bay area varrio b street lokotes 13
the best hells angels first,you second best. thank you for the joke!
mom

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2009

Judged:

I don't believe that there are a ton of gangs in Fremont. For every gang member we have ever had we thoUsands of kids who never get involved.Years ago it was tuffer now we have one of the strongest Indian, and Afgan populations in the nation. We have lived here since the 70's and my child was involved in a gang, so this is something I KEEP UP WITH. he has grown up to be a great guy, and I AM GRATEFUL TO God. the biggest problem we have in F.remont is all the different cultures getting along and I AM TALKING ABOUT THE GROWN UPS
joyce palmore adams

Mccurtain, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2009

mom wrote:
I don't believe that there are a ton of gangs in Fremont. For every gang member we have ever had we thoUsands of kids who never get involved.Years ago it was tuffer now we have one of the strongest Indian, and Afgan populations in the nation. We have lived here since the 70's and my child was involved in a gang, so this is something I KEEP UP WITH. he has grown up to be a great guy, and I AM GRATEFUL TO God. the biggest problem we have in F.remont is all the different cultures getting along and I AM TALKING ABOUT THE GROWN UPS
nobody said there were tons of gangs.all you really need is one bad one.i lived there from 1945 til 1975. it was not tougher, it was a lot easier.when i lived there,in newark they had one black family,when i was in fremont,i went to washington high school,there was a pair of black twins,it wasn't incorporated at first,the school was in centerville.most of the spanish lived in decoto and alvarado. they weren't carrying guns
Bla

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

Who ever says fremont is a safe city is full of crap. Someone set my van on fire for no reason at all. They stuck a rag in the gas tank and lit it up. If you think fremont is "safe" and has "no gangs" then you should come out around 2:00 am in front of the islander and then tell me it's safe..
joyce palmore adams

Mccurtain, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

Bla wrote:
Who ever says fremont is a safe city is full of crap. Someone set my van on fire for no reason at all. They stuck a rag in the gas tank and lit it up. If you think fremont is "safe" and has "no gangs" then you should come out around 2:00 am in front of the islander and then tell me it's safe..
i am not defending fremont,i just find it so hard to blieve the place has went this route. when you are raised in the area where you could walk out on the street,especially two girls about thirteen years,at two in the morning,one of them was me,and have no fear and how it is described now,i think i liked it better long ago.its hard to picture.
510BayBoy

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2009

I USE TO LIVE IN FREMONT BACK IN THE MID 90'S. THERE'S GANGS THERE LIKE THERE IS EVERYWHERE. I NEVER REALLY HEARD OF TOO MUCH GANG VIOLENCE OCCURING THERE, NO MURDERS, OR DRIVE BYES. THE ONLY GANGS I REALLY KNOW ABOUT IN FREMONT ARE VNF, IRV (IRVINGTON), LMG, NLS (NILES), AND THE SURENO GANG SPL. DECOTO (DHS, VGD, LDG) IS BASED OUTTA UNION CITY, AND SO WAS ABT. THE NORTENOS THAT BANG WEST END ARE FROM NWK (NEWARK). IM HIGHLY EDUCATED ON ALL THE GANGS AND SETS FROM THE EAST BAY AREA ALL THE WAY FROM OAKLAND, HAYWARD, AND FREMONT. I WAS ONCE TOLD THAT FMT STOOD FOR FREMONT MEXICAN TERRITORY. OVERALL FREMONT IS A DECENT PLACE TO LIVE. NO MATTER WHERE YOU'RE AT YOUR ALWAYS GONNA HAVE TO DEAL WITH SOME DEGREE OF VIOLENCE AND CRIME. AFTERALL THE WORLD IS A GHETTO!
joyce palmore adams

Mccurtain, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

ValCoates_OLD wrote:
I grew up in Fremont, but haven't been there in over 25 years. I lived just down from The Hub...and never once did I nor my parents worry about me walking up there alone.(I remember going up to Fry's with a note from my mom for them to sell me cigarettes for her....my how THAT has changed!!).
Anyway, last time I visited, I drove down the street I grew up on, and I was afraid. I guess that's "goodbye childhood" for sure.
I still wonder what happened to a few of my neighbors! I remember on Sacramento Avenue, the Dunlaps, the Mendozas, the Balsamos, The Norris's of course!!!...The Nunnaly brothers, and the old drunk guy next door (never did learn his name, he was "beer-belly" to us)...and the Meyers who lived next door. I don't know what happened to Steven....he delighted in showing us his dead dog...I still expect to see him show up on "America's Most Wanted" someday.
I'm sure there are decent areas of Fremont, just as there are in any town. I'm glad I can remember the good times....and now I only have to deal with all the crime, etc in my town, and still think of Fremont as a great place to grow up!(It really was!!).
I went to Mowry, my older brothers and sister went to Walters and JFK...so if any of you remember this good stuff, send a "HI"!!
Val (Coates)
is the meyers the ones in newark?
joyce palmore adams

Mccurtain, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

510BayBoy wrote:
I USE TO LIVE IN FREMONT BACK IN THE MID 90'S. THERE'S GANGS THERE LIKE THERE IS EVERYWHERE. I NEVER REALLY HEARD OF TOO MUCH GANG VIOLENCE OCCURING THERE, NO MURDERS, OR DRIVE BYES. THE ONLY GANGS I REALLY KNOW ABOUT IN FREMONT ARE VNF, IRV (IRVINGTON), LMG, NLS (NILES), AND THE SURENO GANG SPL. DECOTO (DHS, VGD, LDG) IS BASED OUTTA UNION CITY, AND SO WAS ABT. THE NORTENOS THAT BANG WEST END ARE FROM NWK (NEWARK). IM HIGHLY EDUCATED ON ALL THE GANGS AND SETS FROM THE EAST BAY AREA ALL THE WAY FROM OAKLAND, HAYWARD, AND FREMONT. I WAS ONCE TOLD THAT FMT STOOD FOR FREMONT MEXICAN TERRITORY. OVERALL FREMONT IS A DECENT PLACE TO LIVE. NO MATTER WHERE YOU'RE AT YOUR ALWAYS GONNA HAVE TO DEAL WITH SOME DEGREE OF VIOLENCE AND CRIME. AFTERALL THE WORLD IS A GHETTO!
when i grew up ,this was before fremont,the only type of gang was decoto,and that was the chukos. when i visited there the homes i lived in were gone,apts. and condos in their place.foothills gone,and many open fields.i was surprized to see the first house i lived in, it was next door to jj martin bar on ash st in newark.to this day i know all the rooms and the yard.almost everything else has changed.i still miss the way that area was in the past.
MaZe

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

USA, nice country
Lorraine

Northborough, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

I lived in Fremont Ca and couldn't wait to get out. We lived in a very nice neighborhood and the crime was out of control. We called the police several times about terrible things we saw going on and they would not take a police report because no one was dead in my opinion. Helicopters over head using bullhorns or microphones=anyway, rapists jumping over fences in backyards, road rage where people punched car windows with passengers in them, teens hitting cars with rocks-no reports. The crime rate is not accurate in my opinion. That's just one problem-what about illegal immigration, etc. etc. Fremont is the pits.
joyce palmore adams

Mccurtain, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

Lorraine wrote:
I lived in Fremont Ca and couldn't wait to get out. We lived in a very nice neighborhood and the crime was out of control. We called the police several times about terrible things we saw going on and they would not take a police report because no one was dead in my opinion. Helicopters over head using bullhorns or microphones=anyway, rapists jumping over fences in backyards, road rage where people punched car windows with passengers in them, teens hitting cars with rocks-no reports. The crime rate is not accurate in my opinion. That's just one problem-what about illegal immigration, etc. etc. Fremont is the pits.
it is still hard to picture all of this going on and what it used to be.i lived there about thirty years and we didn' have this.the only place we were told not to go to,was oakland and richmond.can you imagine blacow rd,open fields[we had livestock] visking was the only factory,a few flat top housing,than past glemoor gardens and out to more open country. in irvington we lived on 14 acres and more open fields,same with mission san jose,we lived in the hills near the shooting club.i can not see where it has gotten better for the people and that also includes the price of housing.i have got fremont and newark on my computer just to see and listen to the news.i would never go back,i don't even want to visit.
joyce palmore adams

Mccurtain, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2010

bear From Central Ave wrote:
wS Up white ppl!!!Lol don't trip we hate xortexos,buster,chaps,HIV'S, norjotos en red color's!!! u white ppl r my freinds iwould'nt hurt u unless ur my EnEmigga or represent da wrong s1d3
i see they don't teach english anymore.central ave used to be a nice street and area.grow up!!
Just Ask

Menlo Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2010

Judged:

Its just plain retarded to say fremont is getting more violent. yes it is true it has but who is to say it is the only one? violence has rose nationwide. im hispanic and i have been around gangs my whole life im 18 right now and still breathing.

the hispanic gangs from my view is like a wild gang they wont attack you if you dont harm attack them. as for white people trying to insult it. its funny that many white people that i know are trying to become a hard core norte. also hard core crips or bloods. who are they to insult any gang when they cant even control they're owns who are either dating a gang member or joining one?
joyce palmore adams

Mccurtain, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2010

Just Ask wrote:
Its just plain retarded to say fremont is getting more violent. yes it is true it has but who is to say it is the only one? violence has rose nationwide. im hispanic and i have been around gangs my whole life im 18 right now and still breathing.
the hispanic gangs from my view is like a wild gang they wont attack you if you dont harm attack them. as for white people trying to insult it. its funny that many white people that i know are trying to become a hard core norte. also hard core crips or bloods. who are they to insult any gang when they cant even control they're owns who are either dating a gang member or joining one?
why are you in a gang? yes, you are breathing,but what of the rest of your life???
Just Ask

Menlo Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2010

I use to be in when i was childish and stupid.
now i tutor mostly gang kids in NMHS. they are influenced by fame and popularity.

if you make a big deal about it then they feel they have done their jobs to be recongized. i have alot of friends that are gang members but i more friends that are logical and see that its pointless.

its not about confirming it through these boards that will stop gangs. its taking action through law enforcement and good teaching.

G.R.E.A.T and D.A.R.E are failed teachings and i dont see why we still use it.
Spanky

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

Judged:

Thay come from Oakland / Dopeland/ jokeland/ nohopeland/ and thay bring the trash with them!!
Common Sence

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

Judged:

OAKLAND- Dopeland- Cokeland- Jokeland- No Hopeland= Go Figure???
joyce palmore adams

Mccurtain, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Judged:

Just Ask wrote:
I use to be in when i was childish and stupid.
now i tutor mostly gang kids in NMHS. they are influenced by fame and popularity.
if you make a big deal about it then they feel they have done their jobs to be recongized. i have alot of friends that are gang members but i more friends that are logical and see that its pointless.
its not about confirming it through these boards that will stop gangs. its taking action through law enforcement and good teaching.
G.R.E.A.T and D.A.R.E are failed teachings and i dont see why we still use it.
i see these up standing groups who claim they are rehabilitating,but the best one i have ever seen was in stocton,ca. they used the old armory,it was run by ex convicts who had kicked the habit and could speak the language,they never talked down to the kids.it didn't matter what the kids had done or on dope,it was open 24 hrs a day.i have never seen one like it yet.the kids don't want to talk to someone in a suit and tie and never been there. i wish there was more like that,it was a great place.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 181 - 200 of595
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Fremont Forum right now

Search the Fremont Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 58 min Bruno24 15,672
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 7 hr Blubbering 7,304
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sat Drafty 4,559
Jordy's Travel (aka Argee's Travel) (Mar '13) Sat Elnore 33
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri Gomers 199,087
Concord fatal shooting victim ID'd as Antioch man Fri dwayne johnson 1
College Boot Camp Apr 18 Corky 1
•••
•••

Fremont News Video

•••
Fremont Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Fremont Jobs

•••