Riders hurt when truck hits horses on...

Riders hurt when truck hits horses on road

There are 5 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from May 27, 2008, titled Riders hurt when truck hits horses on road. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

Two riders and their horses were recovering Monday after a pickup truck driver hit them on Indiana 135.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

Teresa

Elmhurst, IL

#1 May 27, 2008
You just can't ride your horse anywhere today. We move to the country thinking we can ride on the edge of the ride then along comes some yahoo in a pickup truck and it is all over.
Your Mom

Indianapolis, IN

#2 May 27, 2008
Your Mom says, WTF are you doing riding your horse on a busy state highway? Logic, when properly applied, tell us that one can necessarily expect to encounter motorized vehicles, such as pick-up trucks, traveling at high speeds on such roads. A horse, being neither motorized nor capable of traveling at similar speeds, has no place on the same road. I feel sorry for the poor horse. If you can afford to keep a horse, can't you also afford a safe place to ride it?
Quincy

Indianapolis, IN

#3 May 27, 2008
Your Mom wrote:
Your Mom says, WTF are you doing riding your horse on a busy state highway? Logic, when properly applied, tell us that one can necessarily expect to encounter motorized vehicles, such as pick-up trucks, traveling at high speeds on such roads. A horse, being neither motorized nor capable of traveling at similar speeds, has no place on the same road. I feel sorry for the poor horse. If you can afford to keep a horse, can't you also afford a safe place to ride it?
You need to check the laws - I think you'll find that horses,farm equipment, implements of husbandry all have access to the same roads the cars do. Drivers need to drive better. I have a horse and a bicycle and wouldn't ride either on a public road anymore.
ehroyal

Indianapolis, IN

#4 May 28, 2008
Your Mom is exactly right. It also amazes that anyone who has a horse is an equine expert. Truth is that many of them are total idiots!
Your Mom wrote:
el charro

El Cajon, CA

#5 Jun 7, 2008
interesting thread. the horse as transpo should really be explored. there often is a viable route from point a to point b in almost any town/city that would be several yards away from a busy street. this might not be the most direct route to where you are going, but then again, are you really in that big of a hurry? i say that if more people start exercising their rights to use a horse as true transport, it will get easier and easier for the rest of us to do. you don't have to be a mennonite to be allowed to ride your horse into town. in most areas of the u.s you are only prohibited from riding on highways/freeways, etc. out here in san diego, cal., you are even allowed to hitch in any public area. this even includes parking meters. i found this information out after a full day of tracking down the sgt. at the police department that could answer these questions. so don't be deterred, go for it! yehaw.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Freetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cops at 3 in the morning 1 hr Heat 1
Marci Sons DelaCruz Thu Mike 1
lowlife Jul 19 sick 10
News Local woman arrested on drug charges after dist... Jul 19 ima hoosier 2
Amanda Spencer Jul 15 Lisae 6
Kasandra Bracewell and family Jul 14 Just Wondering 1
anyone know kristen fields (Apr '10) Jul 9 BESTONES 8

Freetown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance