1 worker dies after inhaling toxic gas

1 worker dies after inhaling toxic gas

There are 3 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Sep 11, 2009, titled 1 worker dies after inhaling toxic gas. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

At least one man is dead after workers shutting down a natural-gas well yesterday in Guernsey County encountered a pocket of poisonous gas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

cat980h

Grove City, OH

#1 Sep 11, 2009
I recall that Island Creek Coal Co. had an underground mine in that area in the 1970's but had to close it because that gas was there.
Israelis Are Dancing

United States

#2 Sep 11, 2009
That is some nasty stuff.
what a tragedy

Williamson, WV

#3 Feb 27, 2010
it's a shame there are so many out there in open fields and in open areas with out fencing tooo n ladders are welded to the sides for acccess. people have u ever though about children they get curious and others .........this is where its to late after a death,,,,,anything confined u can't get near it so come on don't pass the buck here stand up be held accountable with these wells....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Freeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
a girl named kidd Feb '16 just me 1
trick or treating! help! (Oct '14) Oct '14 new to town 1
Looking for someone special (Mar '14) Jun '14 Nosey 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Ohio (Dist... (Oct '10) Dec '13 Pos 29
News Elbin Scholar Program Grows, Thanks to Support ... (May '13) May '13 Paula Lipscomb Jo... 1
ghosts (Apr '13) Apr '13 Qtbug 1
News French artist spends summers in Ohio, displayed... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Paula Lipscomb J... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Freeport Mortgages