Hempstead man guilty of 2006 burglary murder

Full story: Newsday 165
A jury on Friday found a Hempstead man guilty of murder in the 2006 burglary-turned-shooting death of an electrician inside his Freeport home. Full Story
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Southbound

Overland Park, KS

#1 Feb 1, 2008
DA Rice should give him a second chance and fast track him to county services.
editor

United States

#2 Feb 1, 2008
shouldn't it read "a family friend comforted both" ... nice job newsday
"As the jury read the verdict, Marsden's mother wept. His longtime girlfriend collapsed in her chair, crying. A family friend confronted both."
juror

Smithtown, NY

#3 Feb 1, 2008
i was a juror on this trial and i hope that charlene blackman gets the full guilty verdict and 25 to life. to peters daughter i say i hope the passage of time and the great memeories you have of you father will ease your pain and you become someone that makes his dreams for you come true.........
GIRLFRIEND

Kew Gardens, NY

#4 Feb 1, 2008
THEY COULD HAVE GIVEN HIM A SECOND CHANCE HE DID NOT DO THIS I LOVE HIM AND THIS IS NOT OVER
Pissed to the Max

Toronto, Canada

#5 Feb 1, 2008
This is for u girlfriend of the Muderer,u are so right it is not over.He is getting his judgement in the world,but trust me,he will have to face babylon sooner or later.So u are damn right it is not over bc
fresh

AOL

#7 Feb 1, 2008
just use a bullet
Juror from Wantagh

Bridgeport, CT

#8 Feb 1, 2008
I was also a Juror on this case. This man was as guilty as they come. Every angle pointed to him. Believe me I tried to find otherwise. No one likes to send someone to jail for 25 years to life without being sure you have the right man. As for you (the girlfriend) you must be pretty naive to think your boyfriend is not guilty of the crime..... Murder in the 2nd Degree.

Go ahead and wait for him you'll be together again when he's 44 years old. May seem harsh,.. but you know what.... Peter Jones' daughter Rashiana will never get to see her father again.
Rashiana I know this doesnt bring back your Dad, my heart bleeds for you. Please live life with your Dad in your heart,... aways. Through your amazing memories you had with your Dad he will live forever. Good luck in your future endeavors. Hope this brings peace and mind to you and your family during this time of hardship.
Juror from Wantagh

Bridgeport, CT

#9 Feb 1, 2008
fresh wrote:
just use a bullet
What is that supposed to mean?
Juror from Wantagh

Bridgeport, CT

#10 Feb 1, 2008
GIRLFRIEND wrote:
THEY COULD HAVE GIVEN HIM A SECOND CHANCE HE DID NOT DO THIS I LOVE HIM AND THIS IS NOT OVER
In this country there are no second chances, if you do the crime, you pay with time. 1 chance thats it. Criminals that get second chances got away with the crime.
GIRLFRIEND

Kew Gardens, NY

#11 Feb 1, 2008
I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS HE IS NOT GUILTY AND I WILL STICK BY HIM TO THE END AND THIS IS NOT IT. HE WILL APPEAL THIS CASE AND HE DID NOT DO THIS THERE WAS NO EVEIDENCE NONE ANYONE IN THERE RIGHT MIND COULD SEE THAT
Genius

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Feb 1, 2008
As a frequesnt courtroom observer in both Nassau and Suffolk County, I wish to compliment Ms. Golumbek on her trial performance and demeanor. Both she and the prosecutor did a fine job and, in the end, we must trust the system (for we have no other choice). The jury found him guilty. I was not there for the whole trial so I can only attest to the fact that it seemed everyone involved did their job in an exemplary fashion.

To the girlfriend in Rosedale: Stand by your Man BUT make sure you are not doing it with your heart wide open and your eyes tightly shut. Good Luck to you dear.
juror

Smithtown, NY

#13 Feb 1, 2008
i guess he also didnt have a gun charge from queens and also didnt have an assault on a corrections officer an didnt get kicked out the house and didnt have a cousin that ran to jamaica and im not in my right mind lol........
GIRLFRIEND

Kew Gardens, NY

#14 Feb 1, 2008
All I'm going to say is that I'm so GLAD that you said that.... and I know that god doesn't put on us more then we can handle and everything works out for the best....Ricky will come out of this
Clayton Bigsby

Congers, NY

#15 Feb 1, 2008
white power
Fomer Prosecutor

AOL

#16 Feb 1, 2008
juror wrote:
i guess he also didnt have a gun charge from queens and also didnt have an assault on a corrections officer an didnt get kicked out the house and didnt have a cousin that ran to jamaica and im not in my right mind lol........
This is not proof that he committed the mnurder! If you listened to the jury charge given by the Judge you would you know that this bad act evidence has LIMITED probative value. The problem with this type of evidence is the damming prejudicial effect on a defendant. In a close case it may put jurors over that threshold of reasonable doubt.
WHAT JERK OFFS

Bronx, NY

#21 Feb 2, 2008
NASSAU DA NASSAU POLICE CORRUPTED! WWW.DINOMESSSANA.COM <<<<<CLICK TO SEE THEY LET MURDERS WALK WITH ILLEGAL GUNS CAUSE KILLERS MOMMY WAS A COP!
Juror from Wantagh

Bridgeport, CT

#22 Feb 2, 2008
I did my civil duty, I took a murderer off the streets of Nassau County. I can goto sleep at night. As I'm sure so can Ricardo Marsden.... because he had no remorse, not even after the guilty verdict on ALL charges was read.
little sister

Astoria, NY

#24 Feb 2, 2008
juror wrote:
like your perfect.. can anyone say that they never did anything wrong.. just because he messed up in the pass doesnt mean he took someeones life.. i no he didnt do it... theres no evidnce but a shoe print... we will fight this and my brother will b home for my 16th birthday in october because god is good and his grace and mercy will see our family thru
little sister

Astoria, NY

#25 Feb 2, 2008
Juror from Wantagh wrote:
I was also a Juror on this case. This man was as guilty as they come. Every angle pointed to him. Believe me I tried to find otherwise. No one likes to send someone to jail for 25 years to life without being sure you have the right man. As for you (the girlfriend) you must be pretty naive to think your boyfriend is not guilty of the crime..... Murder in the 2nd Degree.
Go ahead and wait for him you'll be together again when he's 44 years old. May seem harsh,.. but you know what.... Peter Jones' daughter Rashiana will never get to see her father again.
Rashiana I know this doesnt bring back your Dad, my heart bleeds for you. Please live life with your Dad in your heart,... aways. Through your amazing memories you had with your Dad he will live forever. Good luck in your future endeavors. Hope this brings peace and mind to you and your family during this time of hardship.
im very sorry about your father because i no how it is to have someone u love taken away from u... but my brother did not do this... i miss him just as u miss your father... i just wish someone wud give him a second chance just as u probably wished that someone wud have given your father a second chance... but itsnot over... we will fight this case to the very end... god has mercy on my family because we are living for him... i have 100 percent faith that he will be free
VOR

Mount Sinai, NY

#26 Feb 2, 2008
GIRLFRIEND wrote:
Why would they need to give him a "second chance" if he didn't do it?

Did he know Ms. Blackman? Did she implicate him in the crime?

You knew him. Did he have a gun?

Let's hear your defense of him?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Freeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 15 hr Bruser 7,937
Dogwood la Wed Sambee 1
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Dec 23 Bruser 2,365
Man Found Dead in Jail Cell (Feb '12) Dec 22 GODBlessAmerica 11
Review: Pet SPA Resort LLC (Jun '13) Dec 22 martha martine 4
Mosque at old Citibank location on Bedford?` Dec 20 Frankie 1
Old Freeport Hospital Oct '14 Babs29 1

Freeport News Video

Freeport Dating
Find my Match