Cops ID man fatally shot in Freeport

Cops ID man fatally shot in Freeport

There are 7 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 6, 2007, titled Cops ID man fatally shot in Freeport. In it, Newsday reports that:

A man who was found fatally wounded Wednesday in Freeport, shot once in the chest, has been identified, said Nassau homicide investigators who are seeking the public's help in solving the case.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Rosa

Detroit, MI

#1 Dec 6, 2007
Freeport has turned into a haven for criminals. Why doesn't the FBI come into this God forsaken town and start taking people down. A life on a path to a bright future was taken early because of psychotic, apathetic people and all for a car that will probably be burned beyond recognition due to the massive search for it.
Poeple, wake up! start teaching your children the value of human life. Most of the teenagers/early 20's people in Freeport think that life is all about the money and the party. Start acting responsibly, start thinking about other things beyond yourself. Go to school, get an education and start thinking in terms of the good of the community. I grew up in Freeport and hate going back there. It actually scares me.
rip

Baldwin, NY

#2 Dec 6, 2007
Rosa wrote:
Freeport has turned into a haven for criminals. Why doesn't the FBI come into this God forsaken town and start taking people down. A life on a path to a bright future was taken early because of psychotic, apathetic people and all for a car that will probably be burned beyond recognition due to the massive search for it.
Poeple, wake up! start teaching your children the value of human life. Most of the teenagers/early 20's people in Freeport think that life is all about the money and the party. Start acting responsibly, start thinking about other things beyond yourself. Go to school, get an education and start thinking in terms of the good of the community. I grew up in Freeport and hate going back there. It actually scares me.
I still live here and I'm afraid your noble intentions are merely whistling in the wind. Once a town tips in this way it is irreverisible. That goes for any town or city. The root of the problem isn't really race, it's the drug culture. Why work at some menial job when you can make an infinite amount more dealing and getting high at the same time for free? Nobody is going to rat you out in the hood. However all that falls apart as the desperate nature of the addict forces them to steal, deal with loan-sharks, etc. I live in south Freeport and it has changed color. I feel it is just a matter of time before the neighborhood is unsafe and it is already scary; no more walks after dark, all the kids play right in front of the house ( I would roam the town at will and show up for dinner when the street lights came on ). Like I said, the root cause is drugs,and the fact is that too many black people are involved too much. Rap and Hip Hop are so bad that they are actually evil. It's not music at all, as music actually has defined elements. Where's the melody in any of that crud? The so called "artists" (everyone else is just a singer) who defend their obscene rants are actually funny, but that's where the entertainment ends. I'm not digressing, the rap and hh are a symptom of a very sick culture. Sorry, it's hopeless.
jspp

Wappingers Falls, NY

#3 Dec 6, 2007
unreal man rip mike......
Someone from FREEPORT

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Dec 6, 2007
well i can't say that freeport is a good town, and i cant also say that is bad.. Yeah things happends and no one can cotroll it. BUT freeport is not the only town in long island that has turned out to have to homicide in one year. compare to other towns in long island freeport is a good town to life. As a close friend of Miguel Adames (killed July 14) and a close freind of Michael Muniz (killed yesterday) i can say that both of them were NOT involved in drugs, gangs, or anything else. Miguel, loved his rap music and Michael lo to race his car. BOTH of them were vitmins and it sad that some people just want to put freeport down a hole. So answer me this, why dont others talk about the 16 year old boy that tried plot the same thing that happend in colombine... or that girl that tried to posion her boyfriend's friend like two days ago..... 1
Rosa wrote:
H-Block 2 The Heart

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Dec 8, 2007
Well i must say being a resident of freeport for 22 years and just so happen that i live on Harris i feel like the system is at fault i didnt no Michael but i send out my condolences but i was a good friend of Miguel Adames who was killed in july over Hates what modern day society would call it...yes im not sayin freeport is innocent but things happen eveyday to innocent people you can drink soda without being poisened, you cant walk the mall without something insane happening, and nowadays you cant even pump gas because you might get shot, it just hard enought answering your door and walking down the block yes another close friend of mine Frantz Byers who was shot by police lets never forget about the acts that take place R.I.P. to all the people that lost there precious lives due to stupidity

H-BLOCK TO THE HEART
Over&Out
stop hating

Stamford, CT

#6 Jul 5, 2008
u guys hate freeport rite? but i've lived in freeport for nine years and it's not a particuraly good or a bad place to live and all the people in it are like the other people in the world. so stop hating, micheal muniz was a good kid
I LOVE FREEPORT

Bronx, NY

#7 Jul 8, 2008
IT'S THE PEOPLE THAT DON'T LIVE IN FREEPORT THAT HAVE A WHOLE LOT OF NEGATIVE THINGS TO SAY .THOSE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO WOULDN'T LAST ONE IN FREEPORT ARE THE ONE'S BAD MOTHIN IT
I'M A FREEPORTER FOR LIFE
AND I REP GRAFFING PLACE AND MILTON AVE
BIGH UP TO H-BLOCK I KNOW EVERYBODY ON THAT BLOCK AND I KNOW THE TWO BOYS THAT WHERE KILLED THEY WERE FAMILY MEMBERS OF FRIENDS I GREW UP WITH IN FREEPORT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Freeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 12 hr Bruser 2,612
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 12 hr Bruser 8,239
News Franklin Square sex extortionist gets 4-8 years (Feb '08) Apr 29 Obi-1981 37
News Brooklyn man arrested in robbery of gold dealer... Apr 29 commodity broker 2
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) Apr 27 marissamacc11 41
News Fire commissioner candidate accused of harassment (Dec '07) Apr 26 john doe 13
Experience The Me Nobody Knows at Adelphi Unive... Apr 26 Adelphi University 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Freeport Mortgages