Teen found dead in Fredonia

Teen found dead in Fredonia

There are 88 comments on the The Post-Journal, Jamestown New York story from Aug 12, 2010, titled Teen found dead in Fredonia. In it, The Post-Journal, Jamestown New York reports that:

The Fredonia Police Department is currently investigating the death of a young female.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Post-Journal, Jamestown New York.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Frankie

Waterloo, Canada

#1 Aug 12, 2010
What is the story on this? Does anyone know who it was? How does an 18 year old just die? Scary.
Yathink

Buffalo, NY

#2 Aug 12, 2010
Unfortunately, your first thought has to be drug abuse when it's someone that age. Being as how it's on Cleveland Avenue, that thought is even more likely for at least some of the people living there in some of the rentals. Whatever the case, how very sad that someone that age is dead. Even sadder if it was avoidable.
Frankie

Warwick, RI

#3 Aug 12, 2010
I agree. Usually if someone young is found dead it is that or suicide. I hope that is not the case here-for the sake of the family.
big bad john

Dunkirk, NY

#4 Aug 12, 2010
it was avoidable!! damm perscription drugs agian..was a freind of my daughters..my heart go's out to bob roesler... hold you kids really tight!!
Kelly

Dunkirk, NY

#5 Aug 12, 2010
big bad john wrote:
it was avoidable!! damm perscription drugs agian..was a freind of my daughters..my heart go's out to bob roesler... hold you kids really tight!!
Hold them really tight and kiss them everyday. It could happen to any of us.....very sad. My heart goes out to the family and my prayers are with them.
Yathink

Buffalo, NY

#6 Aug 12, 2010
Isn't anyone surprised that this type of thing happened in Fredonia? If you listen to the average Fredonian, this kind of thing doesn't exist there, only in Dunkirk and lesser places. Maybe this wil serve as a wake-up call to those with their heads buried very, very deeply in the sand.
Forestville hick

Jamestown, NY

#7 Aug 12, 2010
i am very sorry
Give me a break

Fredonia, NY

#8 Aug 12, 2010
Yathink wrote:
Isn't anyone surprised that this type of thing happened in Fredonia? If you listen to the average Fredonian, this kind of thing doesn't exist there, only in Dunkirk and lesser places. Maybe this wil serve as a wake-up call to those with their heads buried very, very deeply in the sand.
You've got to be kidding me? You'd say crap like that after a terrible tragedy like this? If it makes you feel any better, the kid was from Dunkirk. I'm from Dunkirk, too - that's how I know. You're an a$$ for bringing something like that up here. Show some respect!
VET

Fredonia, NY

#9 Aug 13, 2010
Forestville hick wrote:
i am very sorry
X2
Yathink

Buffalo, NY

#10 Aug 13, 2010
Give me a break wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got to be kidding me? You'd say crap like that after a terrible tragedy like this? If it makes you feel any better, the kid was from Dunkirk. I'm from Dunkirk, too - that's how I know. You're an a$$ for bringing something like that up here. Show some respect!
I wasn't using this tragedy as a way to demean Dunkirk. I did use it to point out to Fredonia residents that there is drug abuse in their midst, and far too many refuse to see it, making tragedies like this more likely to occur. It was not meant to disrespect, but to warn and prevent.
Well

Pike, NY

#11 Aug 13, 2010
The only reason you don't hear anything about fredonia is because they hide everything from the media...Drugs are all over fredonia not just Dunkirk you just don't hear about it...
joe white

Fredonia, NY

#12 Aug 13, 2010
i'm sure a grieving family just loves to read some of this. please stop the finger pointing over a tragic death and instead show some compassion for goodness sakes.
fredonia resident

Fredonia, NY

#14 Aug 16, 2010
Yathink wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't using this tragedy as a way to demean Dunkirk. I did use it to point out to Fredonia residents that there is drug abuse in their midst, and far too many refuse to see it, making tragedies like this more likely to occur. It was not meant to disrespect, but to warn and prevent.
yes, you are using this tragedy to try to demean fredonia...it is quite obvious...there is drug use and abuse EVERYWHERE...so will you stop with the dunkirk, fredonia thing...prescription drugs are available in probably your medicine cabinet...lets hope that wherever "YOU" live this doesn't happen to someone you care about...
Yathink

Buffalo, NY

#15 Aug 16, 2010
fredonia resident wrote:
<quoted text>yes, you are using this tragedy to try to demean fredonia...it is quite obvious...there is drug use and abuse EVERYWHERE...so will you stop with the dunkirk, fredonia thing...prescription drugs are available in probably your medicine cabinet...lets hope that wherever "YOU" live this doesn't happen to someone you care about...
No, let's hope this doesn't happen to YOU, fredonia resident, because you are one of the many that think this doesn't happen in your town. I know that drugs exist everywhere, and that the most dangerous drug dealer in America is the average parent's medicine cabinet. Yes, this is a terrible tragedy. If someone learns a lesson from it, so be it.
fredonia resident

Fredonia, NY

#16 Aug 16, 2010
Yathink wrote:
<quoted text>No, let's hope this doesn't happen to YOU, fredonia resident, because you are one of the many that think this doesn't happen in your town. I know that drugs exist everywhere, and that the most dangerous drug dealer in America is the average parent's medicine cabinet. Yes, this is a terrible tragedy. If someone learns a lesson from it, so be it.
no, i am not one of the many that think this doesn't happen in my town...apparently you did not understand my post...yes this does happen everywhere...and it did happen in fredonia...so what is your point?
Seeing Eye

Fredonia, NY

#17 Aug 16, 2010
Well wrote:
The only reason you don't hear anything about fredonia is because they hide everything from the media...Drugs are all over fredonia not just Dunkirk you just don't hear about it...
Yep, they consider themselves a higher class of users and dealers than their counterparts in Dunkirk. And, they like too keep their dirty little secrets just that,secret.
localres

Fredonia, NY

#18 Aug 16, 2010
Seeing Eye wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, they consider themselves a higher class of users and dealers than their counterparts in Dunkirk. And, they like too keep their dirty little secrets just that,secret.
A$$, everyone likes to keep their dirty little secrets, even in Dunkirk, where people think that the big megalopolis they think Dunkirk is, is the center of the world! You think Fredonia people are high and mighty, look in your own back yard where the tracks run side by each!
Seeing Eye

Fredonia, NY

#19 Aug 16, 2010
localres wrote:
<quoted text>A$$, everyone likes to keep their dirty little secrets, even in Dunkirk, where people think that the big megalopolis they think Dunkirk is, is the center of the world! You think Fredonia people are high and mighty, look in your own back yard where the tracks run side by each!
Sounds like i struck a nerve in someones own backyard.
outside looking in

Dunkirk, NY

#20 Aug 16, 2010
Yathink wrote:
Unfortunately, your first thought has to be drug abuse when it's someone that age. Being as how it's on Cleveland Avenue, that thought is even more likely for at least some of the people living there in some of the rentals. Whatever the case, how very sad that someone that age is dead. Even sadder if it was avoidable.
People, this post is getting way out of hand! Your first thought was correct (from what close sources say)---the poor kid was a super sweet girl who cared about others and was a ray of sunshine to those who knew her. She just made some poor choices that lead to other poor choices that took her life before she could follow through on better choices. Accident or not, the family and friends of this girl are in their own private hell and I pray for them and pray that none of you posting the Dunkirk vs Fredonia crap ever have a tragic event happen to your family because you would be on here quicker then quick to slam (rightfully so) the people that are so cold and cruel. If you want to bash about the "dirty secrets" of each others towns, then start a new thread!!!!!

My sympathy to the family and friends of the girl. May those of you who were blessed to have had her touch your life, find peace and comfort in knowing that others thought kindly of her.

( not directing anger to you "yathink" )
a parent

Fredonia, NY

#21 Aug 16, 2010
This has nothing to do with what town anyone lived in.This has to do with the fact that this kind of thing is happening AT ALL!! Parents get involved with your teens lives. Get to know their friends and parents of friends. Sneak up on them. Don't be afraid to search their room. It is your house. If you suspect your teen of using drugs then do random drug testing. It won't hurt them one bit. And if you find something that makes you suspicious do something about it. In the mean time people rest assured this is happening and it's happening in your town, your city your village, your neighborhood and your schools. As parents it's time we stand up and do something about it. We have witnessed the death of two teens in a week because of it. Lets not let them die in vain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fredonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ear nose throat doctor (Jan '11) 4 hr Ben 22
Nick shelley 17 hr Hank 7
The hottest men in Dunkirk. Go! Tue Realist 4
News City Man Charged Following Fredonia Burglary (Sep '15) Mon guilty af 14
Who are you going to vote for in the County Exe... (Aug '13) Jul 24 Mike 10
Do Not Re-Elect David Prince Town Justice (Aug '11) Jul 23 SICKOFCRUDEPOWERP... 114
Is the white inn still open(bar,dining room)? Jul 20 Dean woods 11

Fredonia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fredonia Mortgages