First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fed up

Fredonia, NY

#1 Nov 30, 2010
This Year black Friday sale at Walmart was the biggest joke. Alot of people really upset with the way it was handled. The store was suppose to shut down to prepare for the sale. It did not and people were in early and filled their carts. Also people got up and went there at four in the morning to find out you had to go at midnight to get a ticket. This store is bad enough through out the year but now the way black friday was handled, well now you really lost alot.
FredoniaMom

Fredonia, NY

#2 Nov 30, 2010
We went to Walmart in Erie and we didn't have any of the big ticket items we were looking for so didn't leave the house until 7:30 and they still had a ton of the sale ad stuff. I think their movies are what got picked over the most. I think the Erie Store did a great job from what I could see. Target was another story!
FredMom

Jamestown, NY

#3 Nov 30, 2010
I went to Walmart in Fredonia @12 and the $29 xbox 360 games were gone. My son wanted Madden 11 and I figured since it was on sale, I'd get it... NOPE! I took my Target and Toys R Us ads with me and price matched everything I wanted from the Toys R Us ad @Walmart and what Walmart had from the Target ad I price matched also. They didn't have everything though so I still went to Hamburg, but, didn't go to Target when I saw the line to get in was almost to the movie theater. I went to Hamburg Walmart and they were completely picked over. Not even the Cootie/Don't Break the Ice games were left. I did end up getting Madden 11@ Best Buy for $35 which was still a deal :) I ended up going to Toys R Us anyway, just because I had time since I decided to skip Target and they had a very good system going. They were counting people going in and coming out to keep the store at a low capacity and it was nice.
Yathink

Buffalo, NY

#4 Nov 30, 2010
I thought that ALL "Black Friday" sales this year were underwhelming, and Walmart's in aprticular. I also found that many of their items not avaiable online until 5AM were gone at 4AM!!! A sham, to me. Locally, whether you like the store or mot, Home Depot probably does the best job of Black Friday sales, both in format as well as availability of the items on sale. Walmart has been going down hill ever since they became the only game in town. Cyber Monday sales were jokes too.
gotit

Fredonia, NY

#5 Nov 30, 2010
Walmart sale on line started at 3:10 am, got everything I wanted without having to go to the store!
I see it

Waterloo, Canada

#6 Nov 30, 2010
fed up wrote:
This Year black Friday sale at Walmart was the biggest joke. Alot of people really upset with the way it was handled. The store was suppose to shut down to prepare for the sale. It did not and people were in early and filled their carts. Also people got up and went there at four in the morning to find out you had to go at midnight to get a ticket. This store is bad enough through out the year but now the way black friday was handled, well now you really lost alot.
I'm afraid that's how its going to be soon.you can blame all the people that push,shove and stampede people to save a few bucks,which tunes into lawsuits.....
Yathink

Buffalo, NY

#7 Nov 30, 2010
gotit wrote:
Walmart sale on line started at 3:10 am, got everything I wanted without having to go to the store!
The ad online didn't say you could shop that early, except for certain items. The people at Walmart said you couldn't shop online until 5AM either, like the store. So, good for you but Walmart still sucked.
Shocker

Fredonia, NY

#8 Dec 1, 2010
FredMom wrote:
I went to Walmart in Fredonia @12 and the $29 xbox 360 games were gone. My son wanted Madden 11 and I figured since it was on sale, I'd get it... NOPE! I took my Target and Toys R Us ads with me and price matched everything I wanted from the Toys R Us ad @Walmart and what Walmart had from the Target ad I price matched also. They didn't have everything though so I still went to Hamburg, but, didn't go to Target when I saw the line to get in was almost to the movie theater. I went to Hamburg Walmart and they were completely picked over. Not even the Cootie/Don't Break the Ice games were left. I did end up getting Madden 11@ Best Buy for $35 which was still a deal :) I ended up going to Toys R Us anyway, just because I had time since I decided to skip Target and they had a very good system going. They were counting people going in and coming out to keep the store at a low capacity and it was nice.
Out of curiosity, how much did you spend on gas and or tolls that day. Is the saving worth it? I am not a shopper and it would have to be almost free to put up with the crowds.
FredMom

Jamestown, NY

#9 Dec 1, 2010
Shocker wrote:
<quoted text>Out of curiosity, how much did you spend on gas and or tolls that day. Is the saving worth it? I am not a shopper and it would have to be almost free to put up with the crowds.
About $15-20 in gas and $3 in tolls. I saved way more than that in the one thing I bought at best buy. I am a Black Friday fan either way because it's fun to people watch too.
Kathleenwithin-l aws

Fredonia, NY

#10 Nov 24, 2012
I went to Walmart with my son-in-law just before 1:00 AM. Imagine our surprise when we found the parking lot looking like it would on an ordinary shopping day. No crowds! Going through the checkout with no lines formed (hmmmm). Came back just before 5:00 AM with son-in-law's mother. Same story. I'm hearing all thse stories about the usual Black Friday push and shove deals. Even heard stories while in Walmart about the crowds earlier that night. This was so not-true of our Walmart at 1:00 AM and 5:00 AM. Feeling like we somehow got trapped in a time lapse???
Kerry

Fredonia, NY

#13 Nov 24, 2012
went to Walmart at 10 AM Friday and picked up what I wanted,the telescope and the HP wireless printer. No problem,no crowds. I did notice that all the fatties and their overweight kids were buying all the gaming stuff.
Kerry

Fredonia, NY

#14 Nov 26, 2012
Kind of goes with what I said above: http://observertoday.com/page/content.detail/...
Hazel

Montréal, Canada

#15 Nov 26, 2012
At one point in my life I worked retail and experience "Black Friday" as an employee. It was during the time that Cabbage Patch dolls were the rage....and raging crazy the customers stormed through those doors for them too. The visual has not left my memory and I, personally, see nothing worth going to those lengths to purchase.
Stores don't make money on people like me - more power to the rest of the shoppers and be safe!
Veri

Dunkirk, NY

#16 Nov 26, 2012
Yep,
Same here, I worked at Hills at that time and it was CRAZINESS

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#17 Nov 28, 2012
Friend had to wait 3 hours in line for the iPad since it didn't go on sale til 10pm. Time hits and he gets his ticket checked and sent to another line on the other side of the store and had to wait another hour. He was #21 in the first line but they didn't tell him where to go so he went back to around #40 or #50. Sweet.
Kerry

Fredonia, NY

#18 Nov 28, 2012
ASG1 wrote:
Friend had to wait 3 hours in line for the iPad since it didn't go on sale til 10pm. Time hits and he gets his ticket checked and sent to another line on the other side of the store and had to wait another hour. He was #21 in the first line but they didn't tell him where to go so he went back to around #40 or #50. Sweet.
OMG is he OK,will he make it thru the the next week? Does he need counseling, is there a lawsuit pending? How can this be happening in today's day and age.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#19 Nov 29, 2012
Kerry wrote:
<quoted text>OMG is he OK,will he make it thru the the next week? Does he need counseling, is there a lawsuit pending? How can this be happening in today's day and age.
I'm not sure you understand the purpose of this thread at all. Are you by chance someone who would normally be called an attention w hore?
WMHater

Fredonia, NY

#20 Nov 29, 2012
Wal Mart ALWAYS SUCKS! Why should Black Friday be any different. They can suck - they don't care - they have no competitiion!
Kerry

Fredonia, NY

#21 Nov 29, 2012
ASG1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure you understand the purpose of this thread at all. Are you by chance someone who would normally be called an attention w hore?
No not at all,just saying that the frenzy over this stuff is so ridiculous. Get a home life,hug your wife or husband and kids and forget all the garbage. Get out and walk around the village,breath in the fresh air,bake some cookies,and on and on!

Since: Nov 12

Somerville, MA

#22 Dec 1, 2012
ASG1 wrote:
But really kid, why complain about that? They chose to wait in line for an iPad just because it had a gift card. There wasn't a sale price on it, apple doesn't do sales. Get a life maybe?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fredonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nick Shelley Facebook page 8 min Tabitha 3
Rosas will split Lake Erie and lead Dunkirk res... (Nov '15) Sun Falcon follower 27
Vote For Donald Trump Sat Help 9
Any dogging spots in Chautauqua county? Jun 25 Winning 7
Dunkirk CDBG worker quits Jun 23 Ajd 2
Married women for fun Jun 23 Winning 29
Fredonia/Dunkirk businesses you miss most? (Mar '11) Jun 22 Painted 123
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fredonia Mortgages