First Prev
of 10
Next Last
shakin-my-head

Fredonia, KS

#1 May 26, 2010
Yep, Officer Rambo/Rayez (sp?) nailed some of Fredonia's most wanted the other night. Shame on them for having a beer at a private residence at age 20!! Yeah, I realize it's against the law, BUT they weren't driving around like crazy people, damaging anyone's property. Is it true he pulled a gun on a young man walking up the alley? What has Fredonia's PD become? The gestapo? Is this a public servant's duty? Why couldn't the kids be given a stern warning if it was their first contact with law enforcement? Now we hired Donnie Anderson....the feller involved in a domestic dispute some years back that went driving down the street firing a gun into the air! He should not be a police officer! What's up Bill? Give us a break for goodness sake. We pay enough city, county state taxes already. Don't use your new Rambo's to add to the city coffers. Let's try some common sense and compassion once in a while. Take the kids to the LEC, make 'em stew for an hour, call their parents at 2AM....Not just write 'em up, give them an MIC, take their license away so parents have to take them to work, fine them $300, impact their MVR for 3 years, higher insurance, etc. At least give first offenders a warning. If they continue, THEN write the ticket. Just my humble opinion. If you agree, let Bill Jones know about it. He's a decent guy, but going about his new job in a strange and scary way.
WilsonCountyRes

Independence, KS

#2 May 26, 2010
Glad to see a home town boy back, welcome home Donnie. Sounds like the Fredonia Police Department is doing a fine job. Way to go guys keep up the good work. I for one have spoken with Bill Jones, he is doing a good job and working on making the Police Department a much better place for the citizens of Fredonia. While talking with Jones not once did I hear him speak ill of any officer whether his own of any other be they Sheriff of Neodesha. All of the griping and bad mouthing of any of our officers I have heard is from certain members of the Sheriff office who should really watch when they are pointing fingers. Now if we could get the leadership of the Sheriff office out of JT's and the White Buffalo, then maybe they could get something done.
Fredonia man

Overbrook, KS

#3 May 26, 2010
So I guess now you want the sheriffs office to eat somewhere else? I thought we wanted people to spend there money here in Fredonia? Whens the last time you opened the news paper to read about all the drug arrest the Sheriffs office make here in town and in the county? Fredonia Police and the sheriffs office are doing a great job for all of us here in Wilson county. I for one am glad to see them in JT'S or the Buffalo and im sure the owners of those places are too. We are in hard time,any money we can keep here at home should be welcomed!
fredonia woman

Fredonia, KS

#4 May 27, 2010
It sure would be nice if people could have there story streight before posting to this topic. for one officer Reyes is just doing his job, if we keep smakeing these kids on the hand they will never learn. so its time to make these kids realize that its not going to happen here in Fredonia. You go Reyes keep up the good work. We are glad to have you in town along with Donnie you both do a wonderful job and keep it up. There is always going to be neg. in this world so we just have to look forward.Its just to dam bad others cant realize that Fredonia Police Department is steping up and is going to do there jobs. You do the crim you you do the time
Citizen of the county

Fredonia, KS

#5 May 29, 2010
Bill Jones is doing a wonderful job!! Thanks Bill we are proud of you and all your officers. Thanks for caring and wanting our town to be respected again. There are other activities for young people and kids than drinking. I support you and your great team 100%. As far as Joe Reyes and Donnie Anderson, keep doing a great job guys decent folks are behind you all the way! And lets not forget Jim Cude he is a great and caring officer with good law enforcement in mind. Bless you Mr Cude.
anotheropinion

Fredonia, KS

#6 May 29, 2010
so why did this officer give a young man a ticket for walking home from the bar as opposed to getting behind the wheel?
Fredonian

Alma, KS

#7 May 31, 2010
I have to say the only police officers we have that are decent around here are Marty Spurlock and Rick Selie (Not sure how to spell that last name). Randal Harkrater was a good one too! I agree with shakin my head! Donnie shouldn't be allowed to come back after what he did. Now on the subject of officers, I want to know how Luke Wagner can still be around....I haven't found anyone who likes him. He has been known to stop you just if he doesn't like you....That's one Highway Patroler that needs to go!
Local

Olathe, KS

#8 Jun 2, 2010
Hey Fredonian, It seems you like the officers who don't do a whole lot. Enough said! Just curious on what a Patroler is? Oh and Randal Harkrader??? LOL!!
Fredonian

Alma, KS

#9 Jun 4, 2010
Excuse me, would State Trooper be better to you? I'm sorry PATROLLER! Maybe we have a different opinion in what a COP is! I know that when it counts, Spurlock and Selie have done the job....and they're not dicks about it. Where as others just try to make a name for themselves and think they have to be jerks about it. A Police Officer should be able to do his job and not be so INCONSIDERATE about it. I have never had a problem with the officers I mentioned....however others may have. I am just stating what I think...just like alot of others do!
Resident of wilson co

Wellsville, KS

#10 Jun 8, 2010
I dont know why they ever hired Rayez for fredonia police. He was a shitty cop for wilson county. He always in Altoona messing with ppl who werent commiting crimes instead of actually persueing ppl who were commiting a crime. He needs to have his badge pulled.
MIP MIC

United States

#11 Jun 10, 2010
anotheropinion wrote:
so why did this officer give a young man a ticket for walking home from the bar as opposed to getting behind the wheel?
KSA 41-727
I for one appreciate it when officer enforce the laws rather than picking and choosing which was is important enough to enforce.
a reader

Fredonia, KS

#12 Jun 12, 2010
All the complaining about officers need to get real. I support all of them! Where would we be without structure? If you dont want to be in trouble do your drinking at home or with a dd. Come on people why are we supporting this drinking issue over gentlemen with welfare of the community in mind. If you want to be mad at someone look at our home and yards in Fredonia. Get some pride back into our city. It looks like the getto! It should be an embarrassment to all of us for no longer caring.
ok folks

Fredonia, KS

#13 Jun 12, 2010
sticks and stones
now come on

Eskridge, KS

#14 Jun 13, 2010
Lets give raez a new job before he hurts somebody and if any of the citizens of fredonia rode there motorcycles over the posted limit and without there hands on the bars they would be fined why does he get away with it he enjoys harrassing people if a man knows he had to much to drink and walks home from a bar instead of driving he needs applauded for not driving or given a ride home not a ticket
Oldman

Independence, KS

#15 Jun 13, 2010
When and where is this young man's court date? I would like to go. Would like to hear what he has to tell the judge. I remember the younger days would lay odds that he was doing way more than just walking home like a quire boy coming form church. As for the police officers you guys keep up the good work. There are way more people out here that support and believe you are doing what we have a police force for.
let me tell ya

Hesston, KS

#16 Jun 14, 2010
There are quite a few "boys" going to parties and getting ridiculously inebriated so far this summer. Some of our so called star athletes. I hope they get caught because each and every one of them deserve whatever punishment is coming their way!(Especially that little Durham punk; but then again the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!)
rotten

United States

#17 Jun 14, 2010
shakin-my-head wrote:
Yep, Officer Rambo/Rayez (sp?) nailed some of Fredonia's most wanted the other night. Shame on them for having a beer at a private residence at age 20!! Yeah, I realize it's against the law, BUT they weren't driving around like crazy people, damaging anyone's property. Is it true he pulled a gun on a young man walking up the alley? What has Fredonia's PD become? The gestapo? Is this a public servant's duty? Why couldn't the kids be given a stern warning if it was their first contact with law enforcement? Now we hired Donnie Anderson....the feller involved in a domestic dispute some years back that went driving down the street firing a gun into the air! He should not be a police officer! What's up Bill? Give us a break for goodness sake. We pay enough city, county state taxes already. Don't use your new Rambo's to add to the city coffers. Let's try some common sense and compassion once in a while. Take the kids to the LEC, make 'em stew for an hour, call their parents at 2AM....Not just write 'em up, give them an MIC, take their license away so parents have to take them to work, fine them $300, impact their MVR for 3 years, higher insurance, etc. At least give first offenders a warning. If they continue, THEN write the ticket. Just my humble opinion. If you agree, let Bill Jones know about it. He's a decent guy, but going about his new job in a strange and scary way.
If its okay to drink at 20, is it okay for someone to buy it for them? Is okay to speed pass a school? Is it okay to post stupid comments on topix? Use your head. To drink at twenty is like drinking at 12 iTS ILLEGAL!
Altoona Girl

Fredonia, KS

#18 Jun 15, 2010
Resident of wilson co wrote:
I dont know why they ever hired Rayez for fredonia police. He was a shitty cop for wilson county. He always in Altoona messing with ppl who werent commiting crimes instead of actually persueing ppl who were commiting a crime. He needs to have his badge pulled.
I Agree Totally with you been there done that he was alway's messing with me for no reason halph of the time my opinion reyes is a crooked cop that didn't give a shit if you were doing anything wrong or not he just liked having the athourity over people and got off on arresting them for stupid shit
Charles E Hutch

Fredonia, KS

#19 Jun 15, 2010
Maybe it should be a crime for the way a lot of you people dismantle the english language on here with your poor spelling, lack of capital letters and punctuation marks such as comma,period,(for the people that does not know what punctuation means.) I admit that I make a mistake once in awhile, but, get real people, with your spelling, it makes you all look like you are from the hills of Arkansas or even worse, maybe a third world country. Would not hurt at all to keep a dictionary beside your computer.
idk

Junction City, KS

#20 Jun 16, 2010
let me tell ya wrote:
There are quite a few "boys" going to parties and getting ridiculously inebriated so far this summer. Some of our so called star athletes. I hope they get caught because each and every one of them deserve whatever punishment is coming their way!(Especially that little Durham punk; but then again the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!)
Can you not stand him, awe you poor thing. Get a grip. What about the girls that go to almost all of the cheerleaders go what about them, you a mother thats sexiest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fredonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Independence Chamber of Commerce 30 min ghost town coming 1
mcac 35 min chugalug 3
Should Mickey Webb Remain City Manager? 1 hr Good questions 27
Ever Despicable Micky Webb 1 hr Not the answer 5
Ghetto 9 hr UMadBro 9
Chinese Chef 13 hr bornagin broken 7
Police Scene 14 hr balllover 36

Fredonia News Video

Fredonia Dating
Find my Match