First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Citizen

Rossville, KS

#1 Jun 5, 2010
I would like to know what people in Fredonia think of the High School principal Jim Lambert and the things that he dose at the school. To me he is trying to run the school like a prison. Kids get in trouble for things that their parents should have control over not him. If a teenager wants to go out and drink they should. the rule that if you are caught at a party then you are off the sports teams and the clubs is bull!! I would be very proud if my kids went to a party to pick up a drunk friend so they didn't drive home.Say that according to your body type you can wear the clothes well if you are a bigger girl you can not wear the same shirt as a girl that is skinner? That dose not make sense but its ok for the cheerleaders to wear short skirts where you can see there bloomers when they walk? I would really like to see him go!! And as for the graduation to me he should of said okay we will have the prayer but to the girl that did not want it you do not have to participate. I personal think that it was funny when we all started saying the prayer and there was not a thing he could do about it. anyone else have anythings to say?
Mason

Overland Park, KS

#2 Jun 5, 2010
Would it be rude of me to ask whether or not you graduated high school yourself?
Paul Merrily Tolerated

Riverside, CA

#3 Jun 6, 2010
Citizen wrote:
I would like to know what people in Fredonia think of the High School principal Jim Lambert and the things that he dose at the school. To me he is trying to run the school like a prison. Kids get in trouble for things that their parents should have control over not him. If a teenager wants to go out and drink they should. the rule that if you are caught at a party then you are off the sports teams and the clubs is bull!! I would be very proud if my kids went to a party to pick up a drunk friend so they didn't drive home.Say that according to your body type you can wear the clothes well if you are a bigger girl you can not wear the same shirt as a girl that is skinner? That dose not make sense but its ok for the cheerleaders to wear short skirts where you can see there bloomers when they walk? I would really like to see him go!! And as for the graduation to me he should of said okay we will have the prayer but to the girl that did not want it you do not have to participate. I personal think that it was funny when we all started saying the prayer and there was not a thing he could do about it. anyone else have anythings to say?
Were you in the movie "Deliverance"?
Kat

Coffeyville, KS

#4 Jun 6, 2010
Citizen wrote:
First off.....does, it's does, NOT DOSE, second, if Fredonia school doesn't already have an agreement between sports participates and the "off campus" drinking and fighting policy then they are very much behind the times already. Most school already make the students and parents sign that agreement when the student signs up for the sports and it is clearly outlined in the school's rule book. It's NOT just the principal of Fredonia High School and it's not just FHS in general that expects that kind of commitment from the kids to join sports and other activities. They are trying to teach kids to make responsible decisions and teaching them that bad decisions can affect all aspects of their lives and stick with them longer than just some two day suspension or grounding their parents may give them. Some choices we make follow us longer than that and keep us from doing things we'd like to do even later in life. The rules should be enforced at FHS just like it is at most of the schools that Fredonia competes in sports with.
Of course you could just keep your kids out of sports and show them how much drinking at a young age paid off for you instead!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#5 Jun 6, 2010
First and foremost, none of you must have graduated from or have a child that goes to Fredonia High School. If not then keep your meaningless comments where they belong, looking at yourself in the mirror. None of you know how this man, if you can call a spineless coward that hides behind his authority a man, targeting students that he does not like to fail. Students who do not have the right last name. Parents that don't work the right jobs. Making their lives a living hell so maybe they will quit. Even when a student is out of his grips and has graduated, he still tries to make their lives hell by threatening their future plans, getting their scholarships revoked, threatening to call the schools that they are moving on to and get them thrown out, and so on.

I have been alerted to several cases of his abuse and have urged the parents to take legal action, but won't cause they have another student coming through the school and are afraid of retribution.

I have even been witness to him saying to a former student, when he found out they had gone to collage after sometime off, "I figured that you would have always been a failure."

So I have in person seen what kind of person he is.

And its pretty shallow to point out a grammar error that spell check wouldn't catch. I have a family member that is a PhD and can't spell simple words, but I would never bring it up. He doesn't just go after students in sports. He goes after all students. Matters that should be handled at home or if bad enough, in the legal system. They should not be handled by someone who does not have the legal authority to take such action. He does run this school like a prison. Where most student are guilty and will never be innocent.

I've seen what happens when moral runs low in a situation. And from the interactions that I have had with students and parents, moral is very low. When moral breaks down, there is a disrespect for authority. When there is no respect for authority then that breaks down into lawlessness and criminal activity. Then some students even lose respect for their parents, who can do nothing but stand by and watch. Their complaints go unheard or uncared for by the School Board. So his power goes unchecked. And corruption goes on and our youth are already distrustful of a system that was put in place to better their lives, not hinder it.

This man needs run out of this town on a rail. As a graduate of this school, I am ashamed of what I have come back and seen happening to this school. I'm glad that I graduated long before this man came to power in this School. If something is not done, if he is not stopped or reprimanded. I'm afraid that Fredonia might become simonise with other places like Columbine, Virginia Tech, or Ohio State.
Paul Merrily Tolerated

United States

#6 Jun 6, 2010
Your comments are interesting. I suppose that because my ISP is Wichita Ks. that you assume that I have no vested interest in Fredonia Ks., Mr Hesston Ks. isp. You are at least partially correct. I don't live in Fredonia and obviously have no kids that attend school there. I am in Fredonia every week and have come to enjoy the town and the people. My earlier comment had nothing to do with the person in question. If you read my other threads though, I do think that there was an over reaction to the prayer at graduation. I am a Christian but I am also educated enough to know the laws and why they are on the books.

Where can you get a PHD without being able to spell most simple words? Perhaps I will go back to school. Just curious, did you mean morale above? And I don't think that these events will become synonymous (not simonise), not to WAX philosophically.

Location hidden

#7 Jun 6, 2010
Thank you missing the point.

You were standing in a storm and missed the rain.

Yes I meant Morale instead of Moral. Thank you for Synonymous instead of Simonise. K-State then KU Med if you need to know.

I was there when the Prayer was said. I didn't care one way or another. This is not a Christian Nation like I seen on someones thread. It is a Freedom of Religion Nation. Freedom of Speech Nation also.

You didn't see the point that one student or more might be pushed to far. Bullying is not just from one student to another. Bullying in this school starts from the top.

And I'm not in Hesston Ks. I have never been there. I have no idea why my profile says that.
I live here in Fredonia. I work with some of the youth here so I have a little inside to what is going on. I have talked to students that were so mad after dealing with this man and had to tell them, "Just one more year, Just one more semester, Just one more month."

I take it personal when you imply that someone is a backwards redneck when they are probably a former student or a parent that is dealing with this bad situation. And they have no where to turn because of a morally corrupt School Board that does not work for the parents but just use the job title cause it looks good on a letterhead.
Friendswithmydic tionary

Overland Park, KS

#8 Jun 6, 2010
Rorschach 22 wrote:
If something is not done, if he is not stopped or reprimanded. I'm afraid that Fredonia might become simonise with other places like Columbine, Virginia Tech, or Ohio State.
So you're saying that Fredonia is going to get waxed?

(Two coats...and none of that cheap armor all stuff!)

Location hidden

#9 Jun 7, 2010
Friendswithmydictionary wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying that Fredonia is going to get waxed?
(Two coats...and none of that cheap armor all stuff!)
Sad. One error in a message and that is all some people can point out.
FHS Alumni

Lyndon, KS

#10 Jun 7, 2010
As a RECENT GRAD of FHS, and a parent as a teacher at Fredonia and a direct relative on the School Board. I know more than I should at times. Mr. Lambert only treats students the way they treat him. If a student gets into trouble with a teacher he is on the front line since he has to deal the punishment pissing the students off even more, because I've been there a couple of times. Students that act high everyday and don't try in school he is gonna treat differently than he would someone that tries in school. Going to school with these kids, I for one knew they were high, you could smell it on their clothes. The old saying and eye for an eye, you treat someone like crap they'll treat you like crap back, just cause he's the principal doesn't mean he has to be nice to everyone in the school. A couple years ago a student in my class dropped out because he fell to far behind, believe it or not that kid could've been a straight A kid, well all knew that, but he didn't try in school. Welcome to the real world, people aren't going to be nice to you just because you want them to be nice to you it's just a fact of life, so get off your pitty island and quit complaining about everything that you have no control over, if you have something to say to him then set up a dang meeting with him and sit down and talk, or go to an open board meeting to see what they have to go through, you think they want to put people out of a job in know my relative hates it, thats the thing he hates the most about being on the board. They have so many decisions to make to benefit the students and faculty.
FHS Alumni

Lyndon, KS

#11 Jun 7, 2010
From Fredonia not Burlington.
Fed up

Spring Hill, KS

#12 Jun 7, 2010
Parents need to support our school and the faculty. There are 2 sides to every story and I can about bet your only being told 1 side. Mr. Lambert is very fair and treats kids with respect. Some of the kids amaze me with their disrespect. Never would of I talked to a teacher like they do. Kids need to be held accountable or how else are they ever going to make it in the real world. They need to be responsible for getting to school on time, doing homework, being respectful and to stay out of trouble. It is not Mr. Lambert's fault if a student chooses to go to a party and gets caught. It is in the rule book! Stop coddling them and let them GROW UP and face the real world!!!!!!!!
Charles E Hutch

Fredonia, KS

#13 Jun 7, 2010
If Mr. Lambert was running the school like a prison, do you think that he would allow all of the long hair or facial hair on boys, or allowing students to wear shorts year round or letting them wear thongs or flip flops, whatever you want to call them. That should not be considered appropiate footwear anytime during the schoolyear. And if it was a prison, what happened to swats at school which are still legal in KS, its just that the schools are too SOFT on the kids nowdays. All the kids want to cry and throw a fit if they dont get their way! the parents need to grow up and BE parents and not try to be their best friend!
Fed up

Spring Hill, KS

#14 Jun 7, 2010
I agree about the dress code. I think it needs to be enforced and stick with it. I don't think the shorts or flip flops makes a difference but the long hair, low cut tops, low slung jeans should be outlawed and to short of skirts or shorts should be stopped. Just my opinion!
Toby

Saint George, UT

#15 Jun 7, 2010
Citizen wrote:
Judging by your severe lack of grammar, I would imagine that you could learn a few things by going back to school yourself.
Fed up

Spring Hill, KS

#16 Jun 7, 2010
Who are you talking to? That is the only thing you got out of these posts?????????? Hmmmmmmmmmm!
Have a nice day!
Dewey Decimal

Overland Park, KS

#17 Jun 7, 2010
Rorschach 22 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad. One error in a message and that is all some people can point out.
I believe it was two and they weren't exactly small ones. Kind of mutes whatever point you were trying to make don't you think?
just sayin

Hesston, KS

#18 Jun 14, 2010
I am a parent of students that attend the Fredonia School District. Personally, I think Jim Lambert has NO BACKBONE. For instance, if an athlete gets sent to the office for disrupting class,insubordination or whatever the case may be, there seems to be little or no consequences for that student. When more serious actions such as harassment, bullying or hazing occur--there are still no consequences. I also believe that if he was more strict with the dress code, there would be less sexual harassment between the students as well... just sayin'
haha

Gardner, KS

#19 Jun 16, 2010
What do you expect him to do? Suspend them for a game? Yea right. They receive discipline points, after 6 of them are met then the suspensions occur until then they owe detention time. Most of the athletes that get sent to the office come from the higher math teacher Christopher Gayler, he's came right from KU to here, and he doesn't realize they are high students not college students, so pretty much anything they do, he thinks he has to be a bad ass and do something about it, just sayin' i've been there
just sayin

Hesston, KS

#20 Jun 16, 2010
haha wrote:
What do you expect him to do? Suspend them for a game? Yea right. They receive discipline points, after 6 of them are met then the suspensions occur until then they owe detention time. Most of the athletes that get sent to the office come from the higher math teacher Christopher Gayler, he's came right from KU to here, and he doesn't realize they are high students not college students, so pretty much anything they do, he thinks he has to be a bad ass and do something about it, just sayin' i've been there
Well then you should know the BS that goes on and agree with me right? If not, you're probably one of Lambert's sweeties that never got into trouble. I understand the points policy but when the individual that gets in trouble gets sent to the office by let's say Lori Oneal, no points are assigned I'VE PERSONALLY WITNESSED THIS. Like I said I'm a parent of children that attend all three of the schools in Fredonia. As far as Gayler goes, isn't that what high school is about... learning to be an adult? If these kids want to be treated like adults, they should experience adult consequences... just sayin'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fredonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leadership Independence/ Chamber Program/$350 t... 3 hr Biplane 70
Misleading Cost of Mold Abatement at City Hall 4 hr broke 30
stolen car 4 hr Cinnamon Bun. 6
Dr Mears 4 hr Answer 8
Markle Diverted $21,000 of City Forfeiture Fund... 7 hr ghost town coming 1
Jim Kelly's Support of Out-of-State Hospitals 7 hr moneywheremouthis 24
Why are there so many cops out tonight 7 hr Am fetamean 11

Fredonia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance