Narcoticts Annonymous
addict in recovery

Baxter Springs, KS

#1 Jan 7, 2012
Does anyone know of any AA\NA meetings in Fredonia? I haven't heard of any. And if so Is there anyone willing to start one With me.I am looking for a place to hold them and some backing from the locals.I see the norm in this town is to put addicts down instead of trying to help them.Can you please help. WE ARE THE SOLUTION!

Since: Jan 11

Peck, KS

#2 Jan 7, 2012
There have been meetings started in Fredonia at the library many times in the past. That is also where they used to hold the AA meetings. Meetings in Fredonia and Neodesha have both been short lived from as far back as 1983. Too bad you can't get some people to car pool to meetings in Independence. There are meetings every night of the week down on south Cherry street. Many people believe that once an addict always an addict. It is true that addicts will never be able to use drugs successfully, the lie of the stigma is dead. The sad thing is that our success rate is very low and for those of us who have surrendered to the disease and are truly recovering, we bare the brunt of it. I wish you luck in starting a new meeting and if you do find a place, let me know and I will make sure that this area gets you a starter kit. I want to offer you some hope and let you know that you never have to use again. If my Higher Power sees fit and I make healthy daily choices, January 31st, 2012 I will celebrate fifteen years clean and sober. If you need to contact me my email address is [email protected]

Sincerely,

Recovering Addict called Susie
really

Lyndon, KS

#3 Jan 8, 2012
Sue Ann Knoll wrote:
There have been meetings started in Fredonia at the library many times in the past. That is also where they used to hold the AA meetings. Meetings in Fredonia and Neodesha have both been short lived from as far back as 1983. Too bad you can't get some people to car pool to meetings in Independence. There are meetings every night of the week down on south Cherry street. Many people believe that once an addict always an addict. It is true that addicts will never be able to use drugs successfully, the lie of the stigma is dead. The sad thing is that our success rate is very low and for those of us who have surrendered to the disease and are truly recovering, we bare the brunt of it. I wish you luck in starting a new meeting and if you do find a place, let me know and I will make sure that this area gets you a starter kit. I want to offer you some hope and let you know that you never have to use again. If my Higher Power sees fit and I make healthy daily choices, January 31st, 2012 I will celebrate fifteen years clean and sober. If you need to contact me my email address is [email protected]
Sincerely,
Recovering Addict called Susie
Congratulations on your sobriety!!!!!

Since: Jan 11

Peck, KS

#4 Jan 8, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text>Congratulations on your sobriety!!!!!
Thank you very much. I couldn't do it but WE can. This is why meetings are so important. Trust God, clean house, and help others.
Dale C

Burlington, KS

#5 Feb 3, 2012
There has been a meeting started at 132 S. 11th St in the white house next to the Assembly of God Church.... Meeting is currently being held at 8pm every Thursday evening...will be looking at adding more meeting days as we get going and established. Hope to see you there!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fredonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Property Tax Increase 14 min Fyi 17
Schmitt VS Peck 1 hr E Coli 6
How did this city employee get hired 3 hr ghost town coming 27
7/20 Reporter From the Mayor Column 3 hr voter 8
USD 484 problems? 23 hr Jerks 17
That one kid Mon Wow 3
vyve broadband cable company (Jan '15) Sun ole fredonia 29

Fredonia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance