Sheriff's deputy fatally shot near AZ...

Sheriff's deputy fatally shot near AZ-Utah border

There are 15 comments on the El Paso Times story from Aug 26, 2010, titled Sheriff's deputy fatally shot near AZ-Utah border. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Authorities are using helicopters and tracking dogs in the search for a man who allegedly shot and killed a Utah sheriff's deputy Thursday near the Arizona-Utah border.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

scubated

Osprey, FL

#1 Aug 27, 2010
It should read "scoped" rifle. Nasty stuff there.
Hot Stuff

New York, NY

#2 Aug 27, 2010
That's right! And Arizona is chasing migrant workers and destroying families to keep its streets safe. I see its streets are safer now.
ESOK

Farmington, NM

#3 Aug 27, 2010
they should be worried about the mormons more than anything. bet this guy was from the LDS
carlitos

San Antonio, TX

#4 Aug 27, 2010
what?!??! the guy wasnt here illegally?!?!? that cant be true!!! everybody knows that ONLY illegal immigrants carry out crimes!!! how can this be ????
Concerned Citizen

El Paso, TX

#5 Aug 27, 2010
What, you're not blaming the illegal immigrants?
anotherduh

El Paso, TX

#6 Aug 27, 2010
Can't you read? The suspect's name is: Scotto Curleytinez, another undocumented immigrant, or is that paperless citizen to be... Geeez.
Hot Stuff wrote:
That's right! And Arizona is chasing migrant workers and destroying families to keep its streets safe. I see its streets are safer now.
Joe

United States

#7 Aug 27, 2010
carlitos wrote:
what?!??! the guy wasnt here illegally?!?!? that cant be true!!! everybody knows that ONLY illegal immigrants carry out crimes!!! how can this be ????
Not all illegals are Mexican so yeah, he could easily be an illegal - or he could be an American criminal - which we have plenty of, no need to import millions more is there?
Update

Kittanning, PA

#8 Aug 27, 2010
Update:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/A...
Scott Curley appears to be Native American.
Update

Kittanning, PA

#9 Aug 27, 2010
This site may be better. The pic of Curley indicates he may be native American.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38875637/ns/us_ne...
One

Seminole, FL

#10 Aug 27, 2010
Update wrote:
Update:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/A...
Scott Curley appears to be Native American.
Just because tribal police are helping? It is just hearsay at this point.
The Curley name has origins in Ireland and Europe.
One

Seminole, FL

#11 Aug 27, 2010
Update wrote:
This site may be better. The pic of Curley indicates he may be native American.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38875637/ns/us_ne...
I posted before your last comment showed but when it showed up on topix, I read your second post. Yes, he is a Native American it appears with an Irish mans name, lol. Well none of the immigrant bashers can complain about this one, he is as indigenous to the US as they get.
Update

Kittanning, PA

#12 Aug 27, 2010
One wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted before your last comment showed but when it showed up on topix, I read your second post. Yes, he is a Native American it appears with an Irish mans name, lol. Well none of the immigrant bashers can complain about this one, he is as indigenous to the US as they get.
The first link I copied and pasted for some reason did not come out the same as it appeared to me. The second one does. It may be late afternoon before the Times catches up--and then they may ignore it since the perp (he was originally sought for burglary) cannot be excoriated for being an Anglo. Those who try to stereotype according to name are living in the past.
Deputy

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Aug 27, 2010
R.I.P my brother you are a hero
burrito loco

El Paso, TX

#14 Aug 27, 2010
some bordel patrol killed someboy in elp border..
this is call revenge ha ha ha
Who Cares

Grande Prairie, Canada

#15 Aug 27, 2010
One wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because tribal police are helping? It is just hearsay at this point.
The Curley name has origins in Ireland and Europe.
His father could have been an Irish Priest maybe that's where he got the last name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fredonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lyle Jeffs: The Man In Charge Of Polygamist Church Apr '16 My money 4
News Court papers allege polygamous sect had designa... Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 1
News Polygamist sect led by Warren Jeffs limits sex ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Jane Said 1
News Investigation Finds Ties Between Construction C... (Sep '15) Nov '15 Clark 2
News FLDS Members Mob Former Follower Who Won Custod... (May '15) Nov '15 Clark 2
News FLDS families grateful for help after fatal fla... (Sep '15) Sep '15 laurel d cox 1
wherez the gossip (Sep '13) Sep '13 sammy the snake 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fredonia Mortgages