Hundreds Join Vigil For Slain Women, ...

Hundreds Join Vigil For Slain Women, Boy | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 46 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Nov 19, 2010, titled Hundreds Join Vigil For Slain Women, Boy | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

The remains of three people missing in Knox County for more than a week were found Thursday in garbage bags inside of a hollow tree.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
10tvisdisgusting

United States

#1 Nov 19, 2010
10tv is sick...they dont toot their own horn , they blare it! THey think they are so great with the coverage of this tragedy, but its disgusting how they fly their chopper over searchers and incessantly hound people that want to be left alone! WHo wants a helocopter hovering over you while your look for missing people? Quit your disgusting self promotion 10tv!
Ms W

Columbus, OH

#2 Nov 19, 2010
Now that he gave up the location of the victims, I say take off that suicide prevention suit he is wearing and let him have at it!!
Lisa

AOL

#3 Nov 19, 2010
I was impressed with the small down sheriff. You wouldn't expect him to have done such a great job on a huge case and to handle himself with such dignity at the press conference yesterday. While the story is tragic, law enforcement did an awesome job.

“Sadly it is what it is.”

Since: Nov 09

Toonville

#4 Nov 19, 2010
10tvisdisgusting wrote:
10tv is sick...they dont toot their own horn , they blare it! THey think they are so great with the coverage of this tragedy, but its disgusting how they fly their chopper over searchers and incessantly hound people that want to be left alone! WHo wants a helocopter hovering over you while your look for missing people? Quit your disgusting self promotion 10tv!
Rest in peace Stephanie, Tina and Cody.

Although I do agree with this post, but what you need to realize the general public thrives on bad news. As sad as it is you wouldn't have news stations or news papres or news radio because no one would listen to good news.

“Sadly it is what it is.”

Since: Nov 09

Toonville

#5 Nov 19, 2010
Ms W wrote:
Now that he gave up the location of the victims, I say take off that suicide prevention suit he is wearing and let him have at it!!
I disagree...Send him to prison because they watch television there too and are waiting on him. Prisons despise child murders and child rapists. He will be tortured in prison.

“Defecting to Mexico”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#6 Nov 19, 2010
God rest thier souls. I will pray that the young girl who survived can somehow find a way to have some semblance of a normal life. I have never seen a better case for the death penalty than this one.
A Mother

Washington Court House, OH

#7 Nov 19, 2010
Lisa wrote:
I was impressed with the small down sheriff. You wouldn't expect him to have done such a great job on a huge case and to handle himself with such dignity at the press conference yesterday. While the story is tragic, law enforcement did an awesome job.
I totally agree with you I wish there was more around like him, instead of the nitwits that think putting up a $5000.00 billboard is going to keep drug dealers and users out of our county and is it working NO! so now this nitwit wants 1million plus to add two more deputies to combat the herion use he is such an idiot!
But the Knox county sheriff showed so much dignity and class and compassion HE is my hero.
Guido

Columbus, OH

#8 Nov 19, 2010
I would like to see the people of knox county have a fund raiser to bail Hoffman out. The sheriff could then release him and let public justice of the people, by the people take its course.
sad momma

Johnstown, PA

#9 Nov 19, 2010
Prayers for Sarah--you are an incredibly brave young lady-- and prayers for the residents of Knox County--lean on your faith and one another. The loving support of an entire country is with all of you.
Sharon

Columbus, OH

#10 Nov 19, 2010
Heartbreaking for all. Are there any other family members such as parents or sisters or brothers of the mother, or the father of the two children, or grandparents on the fathers side?
Has there been a fund established to cover funeral services for them? If there is, where can those who would like to contribute do so?
Chillicothe Gal

Columbus, OH

#11 Nov 19, 2010
What a tragic end to such a horrible story. My heart and prayers go out to the families involved and to Sarah, my prayers and thoughts are with her, may she find comfort as she goes about her day to day life.
For Matthew Hoffman, there really isn't any form of punishment for him that fits the pain and suffering he afflicted on these people. You can only give someone one death sentence - and he deserves 3. Even hell seems a little too good for him.
Chillicothe Gal

Columbus, OH

#12 Nov 19, 2010
Guido wrote:
I would like to see the people of knox county have a fund raiser to bail Hoffman out. The sheriff could then release him and let public justice of the people, by the people take its course.
They could just tie him to that tree, and let everyone have at him.
evil

United States

#13 Nov 19, 2010
You can see the evil in this guys eyes in his picture. Something different about him. Prayers to the family.
Bodie

Chillicothe, OH

#14 Nov 19, 2010
Since death penalty is off the table. It was only thing they could give up to find bodies. We can hope Hoffman spares community and Sarah the agony of a trial and just goes to rot in a cell the rest of his life.
And once he is there we can hope and pray something similiar to what happened to Jeffrey Dahmer in prison awaits him.
Fed up

Portland, OR

#15 Nov 19, 2010
I hope the prosecutor does not allow a plea bargain. I would hate to see them take the death penalty off the table if he agrees to plead guilty. Save the tax payers some money by not having to feed and house this despicable person for the next 50 years of his life. You want to start "cracking down on crime?" We need to up the ante. It's ridiculous that people can't feel safe even inside their home.
bbb

New York, NY

#16 Nov 19, 2010
10tvisdisgusting wrote:
The entire country was praying for these people and 10TV was doing their job by keeping the rest of us who couldn't be there to help search abreast of what was going on. I praise 10TV for keeping people like me informed.
CrisJS

Lewis Center, OH

#17 Nov 19, 2010
Lisa - This is EXACTLY why Sheriff Barber is VOTED in..... because we in Knox County know that he is capable of doing his job! Remember also that other divisions and communities came in to assist and he gave them their due credit... without all those who assisted this case may have never been solved. GOOD JOB KNOX COUNTY SHERIFF DIVISION and all OTHERS who assisted!
Lisa wrote:
Jeffenscot

Columbus, OH

#18 Nov 19, 2010
When will it be explained how this man did this by himself as his car was in Gambier and the home was in Apple Valley?
hey

Columbus, OH

#19 Nov 19, 2010
Where are all the sick people who posted on this when it first happened. Saying they were lesbian lovers and they ran off together. How do you feel now? How do feel knowing that family members were reading your posts? How does it feel to have thrown salt in the wounds. People really need to hold their tongues.

Praise the Lord that at least the girl was saved. May the Lord's glory be found in this situation.
Mister Justice

Potomac, MD

#20 Nov 19, 2010
hey wrote:
Where are all the sick people who posted on this when it first happened. Saying they were lesbian lovers and they ran off together. How do you feel now? How do feel knowing that family members were reading your posts? How does it feel to have thrown salt in the wounds. People really need to hold their tongues.
Praise the Lord that at least the girl was saved. May the Lord's glory be found in this situation.
We amateur detectives have a right to our own opinions. I think the best punishment for this creep would be to make him read all these posts over and over again. He would certainly hang himself or die laughing at some of them

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fredericktown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
drug court sucks balls (Oct '11) Aug 13 Sponge Bob 9
News Families who empathize with Pughs want more don... (Jun '06) Jul '16 Dollar Bill 4
Ron who mowes golf course Jun '16 rolland 3
Missing person Jun '16 curious 2
Jenn Campbell May '16 JennPeters 1
my gilfriend (Nov '15) Apr '16 fatboy 3
Danielle Krzosky (Apr '15) Mar '16 Jeff 8

Fredericktown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fredericktown Mortgages