First Prev
of 3
Next Last
JJJ

United States

#1 Nov 16, 2011
I heard Fredericktown has a Cowboy Church Now . I personally know the preacher and he is a really nice guy . Every one needs to try this Church and see if they like it .
Need a Job

Los Gatos, CA

#2 Nov 17, 2011
Whats a cowboy church

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#3 Nov 17, 2011
It is a special church for people who think they are cowboys I guess. I figured what this town needed more than anything was another church you know because we don't have enough of them.
artie

Park Hills, MO

#4 Nov 17, 2011
Need a Job wrote:
Whats a cowboy church
it's just another way to try to attract people to another church. people are making up names for their churchs to try and satisfy themselves. churches have become favorite past-times for people who are bored with their lives. churches have become a place to get together and play games and talk about other people. churches have nothing to do with god anymore. churches are a business and a way to make money. so by calling it " cowboy church" is a business move. everyone that I know that goes to church are hypocrits and are judgemental about everyone. but when it comes to dealing with their own lives they change the rules and contradict everything that they preach.
JJJ

United States

#5 Nov 20, 2011
You know , I live in the town where this man use to preach and I sure did hate to lose him to Fredericktown cause you sure don't deserve him . I can say for sure you don't know what your talking about because this church is more for those who want to go to church but don't have to dress up .
Never say never

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Nov 21, 2011
artie wrote:
<quoted text> it's just another way to try to attract people to another church. people are making up names for their churchs to try and satisfy themselves. churches have become favorite past-times for people who are bored with their lives. churches have become a place to get together and play games and talk about other people. churches have nothing to do with god anymore. churches are a business and a way to make money. so by calling it " cowboy church" is a business move. everyone that I know that goes to church are hypocrits and are judgemental about everyone. but when it comes to dealing with their own lives they change the rules and contradict everything that they preach.
Amen to that.....I would guess by the name title it would mean coming to church in wrangles and bib overalls. It would be a church that made up their own rules according to the old west..."hang em high, pardners. we don't forgive anyone"..just joking of course but I agree with this post....100%
Never say never

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Nov 21, 2011
JJJ wrote:
You know , I live in the town where this man use to preach and I sure did hate to lose him to Fredericktown cause you sure don't deserve him . I can say for sure you don't know what your talking about because this church is more for those who want to go to church but don't have to dress up .
I don't think one needs to "dress up" but since God gave His best (Jesus) for us, the best we can do is show some respect when we go to His Place of Worship and go with a clean body, best clothes we have and leave the Judging up to God. There are so many places people can not go because of style. I am all for going to church if that is your desire but I am NOT for sitting in the presences of God, in His House with worldly styles...think about who you are going to worship...is it yourself or the Almighty??
COWBOY CHURCH MEMBER

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Nov 21, 2011
Let me set the record straight because I am a member of God's' Country Cowboy Church. We are NOT a business but a church. We don't even pass an offering plate because we do not want people to feel obligated to put money in.

Our pastor is Steve Francis. He is one of the nicest and most genuine Christian's I have ever met and so is his wife. They are not only good as a church-leading team but they are an asset to our community as a whole.

As for who attends: We have people from all walks of life but the majority of us love the simple life. We are not materialistic and some of us love horses whether we own them or not. We are a loving people. Everyone is welcome in our church.

Every church has people who are at a different level in our walk with the Lord. Some are more mature than others. The Christian walk is a growth process and to expect all Christians to be perfect is ridiculous. That's like saying you want your three year old to act like an adult. It just doesn't work that way!

Our church first wants everyone to know about Jesus and secondly, we want to SERVE our community and mankind. If you would like to know more about how our church serves the community, please come join us and see for yourselves.

If you would like to ask our pastor a direct question, please feel free to call him. I'm sure he would be glad to answer your question.
But please, do not put things on this forum that you are not sure about and let me just tell you, the Bible is clear about "touch not my annointed" so please keep that in mind.

TH
Never say never

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Nov 21, 2011
COWBOY CHURCH MEMBER wrote:
Let me set the record straight because I am a member of God's' Country Cowboy Church. We are NOT a business but a church. We don't even pass an offering plate because we do not want people to feel obligated to put money in.
Our pastor is Steve Francis. He is one of the nicest and most genuine Christian's I have ever met and so is his wife. They are not only good as a church-leading team but they are an asset to our community as a whole.
As for who attends: We have people from all walks of life but the majority of us love the simple life. We are not materialistic and some of us love horses whether we own them or not. We are a loving people. Everyone is welcome in our church.
Every church has people who are at a different level in our walk with the Lord. Some are more mature than others. The Christian walk is a growth process and to expect all Christians to be perfect is ridiculous. That's like saying you want your three year old to act like an adult. It just doesn't work that way!
Our church first wants everyone to know about Jesus and secondly, we want to SERVE our community and mankind. If you would like to know more about how our church serves the community, please come join us and see for yourselves.
If you would like to ask our pastor a direct question, please feel free to call him. I'm sure he would be glad to answer your question.
But please, do not put things on this forum that you are not sure about and let me just tell you, the Bible is clear about "touch not my annointed" so please keep that in mind.
TH
Good reply and being straight....I like the way Church use to be when I was little,(sad to say,,over 60 years ago)..Perhaps people are more use to see a denominational name above the door, "Cowboy" just doesn't seem to fit into what one would associate as church. Look up the word cowboy my friend and its kinda giving the wrong impression to all the good works your doing. Its like a bar on Saturday night and Sunday school the next day, they just don't go together. One doesn't have to like horses, dogs, pigs or chickens to feel comfortable in Gods house. Church is about >God< not our likes. If your church is doing good things, "IN GODS NAME" then your two stepping is on time..but we need to divide the world from religion..Its Gods Way or no Way.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#10 Nov 21, 2011
JJJ wrote:
You know , I live in the town where this man use to preach and I sure did hate to lose him to Fredericktown cause you sure don't deserve him . I can say for sure you don't know what your talking about because this church is more for those who want to go to church but don't have to dress up .
I don't have to dress up or don't have to dress up like a cow boy. I think I am going to start a church where you have to dress up like 33 ad Jewish pharisees. I think it will go over great.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#11 Nov 21, 2011
yeah God is going to get even if you talk bad about a preacher but where was God when the poor 13 year old kid from Farmington was dieing from cancer. HOW ABOUT THE BABY THAT WAS JUST KILLED BY HIS F&^KING CRAZY MOTHER.... I think God fell asleep on the job. But you are right I better not talk S*&t on a "man of God" because your invisible friend might "get even with me". Do you see how ignorant you and your religion are? You are talking shit but because your GOD will back you up it is ok. When Jesus came back last time he passed all the churches and went to the beach to find his followers. If he comes back to Madison County I doubt he will be at the Cowboy church or any other church, I am betting my money he will be down at the lumber mill looking for people to follow him.
Really

New Fairfield, CT

#12 Nov 22, 2011
It's funny how you people are so upset by a church. That just tells me some of you should go check it out, because there is no reason to belittle others, find some love in your hearts. That is part of the problem in this town, everyone wants to judge everyone else. Mr. Johnson, why would you join in on this? You usually try to defend others whether or not you agree with them. I am disappointed in you.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#13 Nov 22, 2011
Really the reason why is I cannot stand judgmental people no matter who they are. I also think it is rediculous that there have to be so many churches and like most churches they are not converting anyone they are just protelitizing from other churches. It is about who has the best music or who has the best worship or who has the most plush carpet and pews. All a bunch of worthless crap and honestly it is all a little redundant. I do not need approval from anyone and honestly do not care if a random person is dissapointed in me because I don't wave the banner they support. Honestly I am starting to doubt Christianity honestly if people would study the history of their faith they would question it too. Religion is the opiate of the masses.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#14 Nov 22, 2011
proselytizing
Sylvester

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Nov 23, 2011
COWBOY CHURCH MEMBER wrote:
Let me set the record straight because I am a member of God's' Country Cowboy Church. We are NOT a business but a church. We don't even pass an offering plate because we do not want people to feel obligated to put money in.
Our pastor is Steve Francis. He is one of the nicest and most genuine Christian's I have ever met and so is his wife. They are not only good as a church-leading team but they are an asset to our community as a whole.
As for who attends: We have people from all walks of life but the majority of us love the simple life. We are not materialistic and some of us love horses whether we own them or not. We are a loving people. Everyone is welcome in our church.
Every church has people who are at a different level in our walk with the Lord. Some are more mature than others. The Christian walk is a growth process and to expect all Christians to be perfect is ridiculous. That's like saying you want your three year old to act like an adult. It just doesn't work that way!
Our church first wants everyone to know about Jesus and secondly, we want to SERVE our community and mankind. If you would like to know more about how our church serves the community, please come join us and see for yourselves.
If you would like to ask our pastor a direct question, please feel free to call him. I'm sure he would be glad to answer your question.
But please, do not put things on this forum that you are not sure about and let me just tell you, the Bible is clear about "touch not my annointed" so please keep that in mind.
TH
that was a very nice explanation topped off with a threat, I can tell that you are a true christain!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#16 Nov 23, 2011
Well what do you expect?
Boat man

United States

#17 Nov 23, 2011
Good Preacher , Good Church and no one should knock it until they have tried it . It is a relaxing church and no stress or people who think they are big shots or important . I definitely recommend trying it . It may not be what your looking for in a church , but you have nothing to lose by trying it and every thing to gain .
Legion

United States

#18 Nov 24, 2011
Been said many times, Show me a Preacher of any of the Mega-Cults...I mean Mega church's in this town,And you will find, newer large homes, new cars,fine cloths,2 or 3 vacations a Year for "missionary" work,(to Figi)

The chistians dont even follow there own Bible anymore.For example,the whole church thing,says in the bible where 2 or more come together to pray to me you will find me..........not 300 all passing a bag for the loot.

Or the fact is says in clear terms that it would be easier for a camel to pass thro the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter heaven.

But you all keep going,Keep forking over your cash to have a snake oil salemen give you false hope that when you die it isnt over.

Next week ill start a cult....err I mean Church to worship the Mighty Golden Unicorn....same thing really, stories wrote about unicorns same as the bible,If you believe in one magic you got to believe in it all, right? except my God the Golden Unicorn never killed anyone due to it's ego or doctrine.
Never say never

Campbellsville, KY

#19 Nov 25, 2011
first off...there is no church membership going to please God.....we are not perfect so how can any church made up of different imperfect people be perfect? Mr. JJ your asking the impossible. God has a plan for everyone even tho they might have to go through some things we don't understand. Cancer and other illnesses is not caused from sin but is just an illness that comes along with the body our souls are cased in. Legion, you stop worrying (or Judging) other Christians as to if they are true blue or not and take care of your own life...I don't mean that in a hateful way but when all is said and done, you are not going to answer for your neighbor (or any church goer) or how they have conducted them self. You WILL however be Judged by God on your attitude and your treatment of those people to whom you say are not Christians.. Maybe God is using them to see just how serious you are about Him. Salvation is an individual thing. Your relationship with God is a one on one bases and has nothing to do with mine or anyone else's. In small towns people know each other and know too much about things that is really none of their business. New Christians have to grow in Christ, its not a magic experience that once one has been saved that they know all about the christian life. Christians still make mistakes, still have worldly desires but its through the Grace of God and His almighty Power, that we can over come them and be a little bit stronger in Him. It may make you feel better about your own decision as a Christian to Judge other Christians but but Judging their failure, you have committed a fault too. Your life is given to you for a reason, find that reason and use it for whatever God has ask of you. It may not be church work but something else...whatever it is, do it with the understanding that God is looking at you and only you when He wants to make you a better YOU! Give it a try...its called Peace
Member

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Nov 27, 2011
Sylvester wrote:
<quoted text>that was a very nice explanation topped off with a threat, I can tell that you are a true christain!
Not a threat. It was a quote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fredericktown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
my name is bubba gump 2 hr BUBBA GUMP 1
Hey, where'd my Bubba Gump posts go, this is so... 2 hr BUBBA GUMP 1
Jeni Jeni your so fine 8 hr Bubba Gump 3
Hi i'm Bubba Gump 8 hr Bubba Gump 1
Hi i'm Bubba Gump and.. 8 hr Bubba Gump 1
National Guard Robert McKim..... 21 hr Sadie Ann 2
TV tower antenna repair Mon Just lie 5

Fredericktown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fredericktown Mortgages