Madison County Crier
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Terrible

United States

#1 Sep 13, 2012
The Madison County Crier reporter is terrible!!! He/she does not print the accurate stories! They change around what everyone says, misquotes people and are obviously pushing their liberal thinking...anti war/JROTC. Terrible reporter/journalist!!
shue

United States

#2 Sep 13, 2012
Yes, she is absolutely horrible. I hope all the businesses that have ads in her paper pull out and all the normal people pull their columns. She needs to be ran out of our town...she doesn't even live here.
whino x

Brookfield, CT

#4 Sep 13, 2012
What pisses me off even more is her comments on a Marine graduating from boot camp. He will be defending our freedoms and she mocks him like it is a joke. If she don't like the freedoms they are fighting for maybe she should get back in the hole she climbed out of. ANYONE, no matter who they are, that stands a post and defends this country we live in should be treated with respect. All the business owners should pull their adds from the paper, see how well her pen writes when she runs out of ink. GO BACK TO NYC LADY.
Terrible

United States

#5 Sep 13, 2012
Totally agree!! She needs to get her liberal butt out of here. How dare her mock that poor boy and what he is doing for our country. I loved Dr. Burlisons answers to her about JROTC.
They need to get rid of her now.
shue

United States

#6 Sep 14, 2012
Yes, no matter what your opinion on the war, you should never degrade the people that are a part of it....especially publicly. The only good thing about this is hopefully it is the last paper she is able to print around here.
bin

United States

#7 Sep 14, 2012
That lady is insane to publish something like that its beyond disrespectful to all the military family's that fight for this country and her freedom of speech
Terrible

United States

#9 Sep 14, 2012
The mustard seed does the paper?
Scooper

United States

#10 Sep 14, 2012
You'll see ALOT less ads in the next issue and hopefully LAST issue. Local business will not support such lack of respect.
dumbfounded

Bigelow, AR

#11 Sep 14, 2012
"FM: You really do make it sound wonderful. And I saw some of the
boys and girls out on one of the hottest days of the summer conducting
a car wash fund raiser for a worthy cause. But isnít that part of the problem? That it sets the kids up for a totally false expectation of what military service is? If only the military were like JROTC, but adults know,
most especially those who have served and are now serving, that itís not.
Not even close. Donít we need to be honest about that, especially when
our childrenís lives and futures are at stake?
Dr. Burlison: People around here generally donít take the dark view
of the military.
FM: I see. I donít mean to be dark, sir, just realistic. Thank you very
much for listening and entertaining my concerns."
Is this "lady" for real??? I think she is the one with the false expectation of what military service is!
Dr.Burlison did a wonderful job answering her unintelligent questions. He handled it way better than I would have.
My father and my husband were both career military men and I promise they have seen more of this world and "life" than this "reporter". I think giving the kids several options in school (including the ROTC program) will keep them interested and well rounded..Not just one minded.
Happy

Sullivan, MO

#13 Sep 14, 2012
This gifted scribe came all the way from New Yawk Shitty to show us country bumpkins the road to serindipity. How dare you bash her. I am certain as soon as another attack is made on our freedoms Ms. Madeson will be standing in front of us all with a cup of hot Dean and Deluca Coffee in one hand and a Sienfield DVD in the other, ready to defend us to the death.
Local

United States

#14 Sep 14, 2012
Terrible wrote:
The mustard seed does the paper?

The Mustard Seed is not the publisher of this paper. The owner of this store, which is a wonderful business to have in our community, owned the Crier once upon a time, but Ms. Madeson can take full credit for the publishing and the opinions expressed therein.
Loves Fredericktown

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Sep 14, 2012
The Mustard Seed owner has nothing to do with the publishing of that paper, you are speaking without knowing. Why is The Mustard Seed being involved but not other businesses? A paper relies solely on the advertisement of businesses, and the mustard seed hasn't even been in all of the issues. Who are you?
mellow

Sullivan, MO

#17 Sep 15, 2012
"It is the soldier, not the reporter, Who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, Who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the organizer, Who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag, And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag. "

Author: Charles Michael Province, U.S. Army
True

United States

#18 Sep 15, 2012
We should not be naming or blaming any businesses in town. We should support our local businesses and not bring names into this. I'm sure no business in town knew what the reporter was going to print in the paper.
bin

United States

#19 Sep 15, 2012
The owner of the mustard seed daughter works for the paper
?

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Sep 15, 2012
bin wrote:
The owner of the mustard seed daughter works for the paper
she hasn't worked for the paper in a while actually. Get your facts straight.
Dave

United States

#21 Sep 15, 2012
Good old Fuckericktown. Someone has a different opinion so they must be ran out of town. Whats next getting a posse together and running people out with pitchforks?
posse in effect

Brookfield, CT

#23 Sep 15, 2012
Dave wrote:
Good old Fuckericktown. Someone has a different opinion so they must be ran out of town. Whats next getting a posse together and running people out with pitchforks?
That's funny, you say "different opinion" I don't think anyone would gripe about her "different opinion" if she wasn't dragging military personnel through the mud. She is getting what she deserves for the actions she carried out. If you think everyone who is in the posse is wrong, either you don't know all the facts or you need to hop on her back and ride out of town.
orthis

Farmington, MO

#24 Sep 15, 2012
there is a proper place for what the reporter said. its called an editorial. she made personal comments in a news story about a young man graduating. it was distasteful and disrespectful. if she had put this anywhere else in that paper but beside a picture of a young man in uniform there would be no outcry.

the businesses of town should not be blamed for this. they did not push the keys on the keyboard that wrote this.
concernedparent

United States

#25 Sep 15, 2012
This woman needs to publicly apologize for her actions. Her comments and ridiculous ridicule was completely uncalled for. She owes Mr. Killian and his entire family a major apology.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fredericktown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Josh Berry had a daddy in prison 1 hr Bubba 3
Amerimart Sat Haaaha 3
Timmy Lee Nov 17 LMFAO 1
john shoemaker Nov 16 Hey 5
Know your registry laws Nov 15 Smarter not harder 6
Krista The dairy bar dealer Nov 15 get a life 3
John Hinkle (Nov '16) Nov 8 Hmm 6

Fredericktown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance