Review: Smoke Pit Cafe LLC

Posted in the Fredericksburg Forum

Rick

Stafford, VA

#1 Jul 24, 2013
Surprised to see that the pulled Pork was extremely over cooked, dry on the sandwich and smoke flavor was overbearing. Ribs while tender still had the membrane attached which is where the cook spread the BBQ sauce not on the meat side. Now I'm no professional BBQ tester but who eats the membrane. I hope they revisit their practice and make the necessary adjustments otherwise this may be a short lived venture. As far as the sides are concerned, don't even bother, you may as well go to the hot bar at shoppers for a tastier meal. Sorry Smoke Pit, 3 thumbs down.
Rick

Stafford, VA

#2 Jul 27, 2013
Dined at the Smoke Pit Café on 26 July 2013. Beautiful décor. Fast service. Attentive servers (April). Excellent prices! My wife had the brisket with two sides(cabbage and collards). My son had the bacon and cheese burger with fries. I had the pastrami sandwich with fries. Overall, excellent meal! I'm not sure which sides the previous writer tested, but the sides we had were great! We also has a side order of macaroni and cheese and two pieces of cheese cake. It's new. It's local. It's close! We will definitely be back again!
Bill

Stafford, VA

#3 Jul 27, 2013
Great BBQ at a good price. Very friendly staff and nicely decorated place. Wife and myself had the brisket, beans, and fries. All very good! Brisket was very tender and very little fat. Smoked flavor was excellent and loved their BBQ sauce. Large portions of wedge cut fries and beans were very tasty. Excellent sweet tea. We will definitely be back.

Since: Aug 13

Stafford, VA

#4 Aug 31, 2013
I dined there the first week it was opened. The pulled pork was pretty dry but everything else was great. I think lunch time might have a different busier crowd so the pulled pork might not be dry. Next time I crave a pulled pork sandwich ill go back.
Donna

Richmond, VA

#5 Oct 13, 2013
Great place to eat and very good prices too. I have tried the brisket both in a sandwich and as an meal, have never been disappoints very tender and flavorful. The sides are seasoned to perfection and very tasty (not sure what one of the first reviews in July was talking about). Last night my husband tried their steak and compared it to one at the Capital Grill in DC, it was really that good. The staff is friendly and local so its like talking to family and friends. This spot has been added to our regular to our regular list of places to eat-out!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fredericksburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
corruption in stafford police and court room. (Sep '11) Sat ryan 7
what do u think about thge methadone clinic? (Feb '09) Feb 27 Bon 17
Debate: Marijuana - Fredericksburg, VA (Aug '10) Feb 6 Cami 43
Classical Education (Mar '13) Feb 3 Tom Stubbs 2
Do you approve of Robert Wittman as Representat... (Nov '11) Jan 30 Tom 6
Police brief (Dec '12) Jan '15 big daddy oreo 2
Things to do (Jan '06) Jan '15 calm down 4
Fredericksburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web