Coach Robert Remschell
albert

Austin, TX

#56 Feb 15, 2009
Johnson wrote:
Speaking from experience as a coach, a team is as well as they are trained and practiced. The influence of a coach to his/her team is crucial to a season's outcome. Whether that influence comes from an inspirational pep talk or practices where you condition the crap out of players to be in better shape than an opposing team, it has to come from the coach: the main leader and representation of that team.
OMG!!!!!YES finaly someone who knowes something about basketball. Coach remschel did not do any
albert

Austin, TX

#57 Feb 15, 2009
PISSED wrote:
Congratulations. Is everyone happy now that because of a bunch of drunk, fat parents who have girls playing basketball that suck and could care less have caused someone to lose their job of coaching. Wow. And I love now there is something on here about Dean Herbort should be fired...and then Dr. Williamson. wow. Why dont we just fire everyone and let all of you teach and coach, you with your g.e.d.s and associate degrees who obviously know everything. F that. This is a sad display of how in Fredericksburg people's opinions more than the facts sway things. I cant wait to watch this girls team suck ass next year. Maybe whoever started this in the first place should coach cause obviously that person could take these girls to state. Cause its all about the coach right. Well by all means, lets call Bob Knight to come down here and throw some chairs but regardless of the coach, when a bunch of girls who care more about facebook and tryin on wonder bras step across that line, YOU CANT WIN A FUCKING GAME!!!!!! Hope you are all happy. Really and truly happy. By all means, I pray no one starts a dumbass blog about you. But by all means, you all know everything so...this only strengthens peoples opinions the system at f.h.s. congrats...
You dont know anything so if i were you i would stop posting your stupid ideas. no one on here has a problem with remschel he is a great guy...he is just not a smart coach. how would you like it if you went to a restaurant and the chef did not know how to cook, would you keep goimg to that place to eat? I DONT THINK SO, this is why we have started this. Also i am so sorry to inform you that the people who started this are most definately not parents.
albert

Austin, TX

#58 Feb 15, 2009
Former Player wrote:
Seriously?? Am I really reading all of this right? Grow up! I was a former player under Coach Remschel and this is ridiculous! I heard that there was something posted online about him and just reading all of this disgusts me! If you don't like his coaching techniques then thats fine, but he's a great guy and doesn't deserve to be bashed by people who just see him as a coach. You have no idea who he really is so stop talking shit. This is very upsetting and it's sad to see that adults are acting in such childish ways. You people are a disgrace to our town and even though this is anonymous and you feel like you can get away with saying all of this, you should feel guilty about posting such spiteful things. He is a great guy and doesn't deserve to be talked about in such a manner. This blog gives not just fisd and the athletic program a bad name, but it makes the whole town look bad. I'm not even in Fredericksburg anymore, and I found out about this. It's very disappointing, and I feel sorry for the ones who have spent their time online talking shit about him. What a sad, pathetic life you must have.
Remshel does not even have a coaching style. if you call just standing there and letting the assistant coaches do all the work a coaching style...well then ytou dont know what coaching styles are.
retired coach

Fredericksburg, TX

#59 Feb 15, 2009
honestly... You people need to get a freaking life... Remschel was fired thanks to sorry and pathetic people like y'all. When was the last time some of the other sports had good seasons? Let's stop bashing remschel please! The fundamentals of bball were supposed to be taught in middle school but obviously that never happened so remschel had NOTHING to work with this year... Not to mention the crappy attitudes of the players!
albert

Austin, TX

#60 Feb 15, 2009
Big D wrote:
Albert, it really must suck being you. You are a never-was who has a kid that is a never-going-to-be. I hope that you feel some sense of accomplishment at Coach Remschel being reassigned. Your valiant efforts have really paid off and now you can sleep well knowing that the FHS girls basketball team will definitely go to state next year. But hey, if it doesn't maybe you can get the next coach fired too. May God have mercy on your soul....
I am really glad you actually know who i am i dont have kids...not old enough. i cant be a never-was...again not old enough. And it was not me that got him fired, a smart man (coach herbort)decided he was not getting the job done so he reassigned him to something he could do.
albert

Austin, TX

#61 Feb 15, 2009
mary roe wrote:
<quoted text>you need to get a life and stop bad mouthing a good coach. everything is win,win,win, with you which leads me to believe your are a loser in life. my dad has always coached winning little league teams the first time he had a losing season the parents went nuts. they didn't take into account he pulled a weak team that year. he still taught them the game and they had fun.
the high school coaches have their hands full. about 65 girls tried out for 7th grade basketball . some years they have a,b, and c teams. the middle school is where the basics are supposed to be learned. how can you teach that many girls with 2 or 3 coaches. take into consideration at that age they are in sports because their freinds are . many of them are not there because they want to play as they get older. this screws up the ability to learn for those who will play in high school and creates a mess for the coaches because they get to make sure the players get caught up on what they should have learned long ago. these men and women have a lot on their hands.
i guess you should know that from all your vast years of coaching that you act like you have. step up to the plate if you think you can do better. bet you have a loved one riding the bench. if not why do you have such an unhealthy fixation with young girls playing basketball. sounds wrong to me.
winning is nice but its not everything. there will be a point in the girls lives they will look back and remember the fun they had with their team mates. they won't remember losing 10 to 15 years from now. they will be adults and have healthier normal things to worry about.
if you remember the brookshire years you are an adult. act like one and stop worrying about the Fredericksburg High School in all aspects. you sound bitter and petty . you need a life. and a good slap in the face for disrespecting a good man. you din't mind printing remschels name. why don't you print your full true name here and lets have people who know you for what you are rip you to shreds or expose you for the jerk you obviously are
you are just guessing about everything you dont know me or who i am or what i know. i know alot more about basketball then you do...i play basketball. if i was old enough i would take the job. so unless you find out who i am and know something asbout me shut up you are making yourself look stupid. if you did not do your job the way you were supposed to you would get fired too quit trying to defend him. the only thing you can defend is his personality but no one is saying that he is ot a good guy because he is.
albert

Austin, TX

#62 Feb 15, 2009
mary roe wrote:
<quoted text>i guess all the coaches here in f.i.s.d should be getting fired then since we are not always going to state. this is a small town school not the san antonio spurs or dallas cowboys. when i went to school here we had the worst football team ever. no on screamed for dave mayfield or carlin wicker to be fired. what next shooting the students for not making baskets or goals. what role do the players have to except in this.
love how people come to this site and don't have the guts to use their names again. just more fredericksburg poor white trash airing other peoples problems. these are personal attacks against this man. i'm sure this is steve or fat albert again.
im sorry but i would rather have this man coach at this school than some of the coaches from the past.i saw one coach beat a kid with a paddle not spank but beat. brookshire was a good coach but not a nice person. i'm sure there are some students deaf because of mayfeilds habit of taking a golf club and beating on metal objects(while teaching not coaching) so hard your ears would ring for days. i will stop there.
such big words for someone who isn't even big enough to print their own name.
yeah none of these people coach anymore you just know people from back when you went to school a long time ago. you know nothing about fhs as it is now.
albert

Austin, TX

#63 Feb 15, 2009
kevin rogers wrote:
<quoted text>you seem to be a petty bitch. i guess the middle school coaches should all be fired . i have read their teams stats. shut up , not very many teams in fbg are going to state except for a few track athletes. people with real lives don't care about state. i think i can live if the girls basketball team isn't winning. i gues a few of you out their in lala land have gotten high school sports confused with professional sports. please list your name so people can check and see if you are doing your job. i am willing to bet someone would be wanting you to lose your job.
maybe you can live with them losing you selfish jerk but what about the players and parents. they dont want to lose. you obviously dont care about basketball so what the hell are you doing on here commenting about basketball when you know nothing!!!!!!!!!!
albert

Austin, TX

#64 Feb 15, 2009
melanie anson wrote:
<quoted text>you are a disgusting person. people are losing their jobs left and right in this nation and you say another good american diserves to lose a much needed job. that would be like someone saying they hope you die and go to hell. shame on you its sports not life and death.
there is a trend in movies to show a losing team but the thing that matters is the coach and players have hearts of gold and did their best. i guess you don't like these types of shows or movies. everyone else does. f.i.s.d has never been known to have power house sports teams. good teams maybe and great kids but we are not known for going to state in every sport every year.
i believe the negative comments are being made by the those out there that kids are bench riders, their kids didn't make the team or they played at one time under brookshire with a deeper pool of talent and are comparing apples to oranges.
kkd print your name . be brave fredericksburg want's to know who prints such stupid b.s. if you are going to come here to trash talk be big enough to use your god given name instaed of hidding behind initials .
HE DID NOT LOOSE HIS JOB YOU RETARD HE STILL TEACHES AT THE HIGHSCHOOL AND HELPS OUT WITH TRACK HE IS JUST NOT THE HEAD COACH ANYMORE...THIS IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT STUPID PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE SITUATION AT ALL AND COME ON HERE READ A FEW COMMENTS AND MAKE UP THEIR MIND. HOW STUPID!!!!!!!!!! AND WHO THE HELL SAID WE ARE KNOWN FOR GOING TO STATE EVERY YEAR? NO ONE DID AND IT IS TRUE WE ARE NOT KNOWN FOR GOING TO STATE EVERY YEAR BUT WHEN YOU GET A TEAM WITH GREAT POTENTIAL AND THEY LOSE ALL THE TIME THAT IS THE PROBLEM AND THAT IS THE SITUATION WE ARE DEALING WITH RIGHT NOW.
albert

Austin, TX

#65 Feb 15, 2009
Former Player wrote:
I love that as I read each one of these I could profile that this guys daughter sucks and never plays, this person has obviously never been to a basketball game, and this person must have been a loser his entire life. I look at 1 article on here. One, from a player...thats right, player on the team. Not a parent or a fat mom who cares and knows more about RC cola and snickers than basketball. She is telling you all there are more than coaching problems at stake but no one reads that because it seems more enjoyable to bash someone who is a good coach. It starts with the players. Coach doesnt walk across that black line with them. And all the inspiration in the World couldn't convince there girls to play as a team. As a former player who went to state from FHS, these girls give nothing for the game. Its more than practice, its what they do outside of it that counts. Maybe they would win more if they spent more time thinking basketball and less time looking in the mirror and blogging on this stupid wenbsite
i love how you know nothing about what you are talking about because most of the people on here are in highschool DDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH
fms parent

Fredericksburg, TX

#66 Feb 15, 2009
we all kniw this is biederman, schaetter, and woerner who started this just man up or girl up. You know if you said this to your team mates thay would kick your ass. you all are jujst chicken shits. you know that your team mates would kick your ass
player

Fredericksburg, TX

#67 Feb 15, 2009
no fms parent... Don't include woerner in this she was a jv player and she didn't take part in it.. Why don't you worry about your own business andstop blaming people who weren't even a part of it...
former b-baller

Stephenville, TX

#68 Feb 16, 2009
ha I agree with fms parent, it probably is schaetter, and maybe biederman. but whoever it is, just give it a rest. Remschel puts his effort into his job, the girls need to do their part, by practicing harding in practice and playing as a team.
parent

Fredericksburg, TX

#69 Feb 16, 2009
I agree with former b-baller... This dumb blog is geting people nowhere. We can't change what has happened to coach remschel but the girls on the team need to figure out how to get along and play together
Big D

Seguin, TX

#70 Feb 16, 2009
So you are just a young idiot who has no knowledge of raising a family, holding a job, or being responsible for anyone other than yourself.... Gee, you are exactly the type of person that we should all listen to. I tell you what, let me know where I can meet you and you can explain all of your life wisdom to me face to face. Until then, you are an just a coward and an idiot.
Big D

Seguin, TX

#71 Feb 16, 2009
That last post was to the moron who calls himself Albert.
Big D

Seguin, TX

#72 Feb 16, 2009
And yeah Albert, what does this have to do with what kind of coach he is or whether or not he should be coaching. Probably not much directly, but what it does speak to is your general lack of knowledge of many things, basketball being just one of them. I do hope that on the outside chance that a college would have you, you do go into education so that you can be a coach some day. You won't because you don't have the basic intelligence to take on such a task and the coaching profession is no place for a coward who prefers to hide in the shadows.

You got what you wanted out of this group. Now go and see if you can't get an English teacher fired because you don't like having to write essays..... Coach Remschel's sister works at the school too, maybe you can get her job.
anonymous

Fredericksburg, TX

#73 Feb 16, 2009
Big D wrote:
And yeah Albert, what does this have to do with what kind of coach he is or whether or not he should be coaching. Probably not much directly, but what it does speak to is your general lack of knowledge of many things, basketball being just one of them. I do hope that on the outside chance that a college would have you, you do go into education so that you can be a coach some day. You won't because you don't have the basic intelligence to take on such a task and the coaching profession is no place for a coward who prefers to hide in the shadows.
You got what you wanted out of this group. Now go and see if you can't get an English teacher fired because you don't like having to write essays..... Coach Remschel's sister works at the school too, maybe you can get her job.
Not sticking up for Albert or whoever he or she is. But I'm still trying to figure why everyone thinks Remschel was fired due to this blog. Geez, is our administrative that lame that they would go on information from a blog? This is insane! Anyone who thinks that is the case is a bigger idiot than Albert. Perhaps everyone on here is a kid and doesn't possess critical thinking skills....or maybe just too much German in-breeding.
Former Billie

Humble, TX

#77 Feb 16, 2009
Reading this blog it is obvious who knows the way varsity athletics works and who doesn't. I played under Brookshire and at the time I did not understand his coaching style and mentallity at times, but now, being a coach myself, I completely understand. As a varsity coach your job is to produce teams that win games and make the play-offs. At this level you can't please everyone. It is your job to put the best 5 players on the court that can get the job done. The team has to understand this, but they also need to be told this. If all you care about is equal playing time, then you do not need to go beyond the sub-varsity levels. One thing that was mentioned in an earlier response was that it starts at the middle school and the is ABSOLUTELY correct. Brookshire was a constantly involved in his middle school program and he was seen at the middle school games and practices. If your middle school coaches are not preparing your players then that does put you behind, but still unless you have all freshman on the varsity team, you still have at least 2 years to get the ready for the varsity level. It seems there are several people who dropped the ball, and you can't place the blame on just one person, but unfortunately when it is the varsity team that has failed it is the varsity coach that gets thrown in the fire.
Pam

Fredericksburg, TX

#78 Feb 16, 2009
Former Billie wrote:
Reading this blog it is obvious who knows the way varsity athletics works and who doesn't. I played under Brookshire and at the time I did not understand his coaching style and mentallity at times, but now, being a coach myself, I completely understand. As a varsity coach your job is to produce teams that win games and make the play-offs. At this level you can't please everyone. It is your job to put the best 5 players on the court that can get the job done. The team has to understand this, but they also need to be told this. If all you care about is equal playing time, then you do not need to go beyond the sub-varsity levels. One thing that was mentioned in an earlier response was that it starts at the middle school and the is ABSOLUTELY correct. Brookshire was a constantly involved in his middle school program and he was seen at the middle school games and practices. If your middle school coaches are not preparing your players then that does put you behind, but still unless you have all freshman on the varsity team, you still have at least 2 years to get the ready for the varsity level. It seems there are several people who dropped the ball, and you can't place the blame on just one person, but unfortunately when it is the varsity team that has failed it is the varsity coach that gets thrown in the fire.
Why is it considered failure? Didn't he win 13 games? That is more than good enough for the Big Red. He almost lost to Ingram, but he didn't. The varsity football team lost to Brady! I don't know and honestly don't care if Remschel was a good or bad coach. It just seems that if winning was that important in Fredericksburg, we would have made major changes a long time ago in almost all of the sports.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fredericksburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Ranch Mar 20 johnsonronaldl1 1
Chill Mar 19 Jack 4
Snapchat trade Mar 10 Letsdoit 1
Red head at taco casa Mar 10 Thatguy 1
Does anybody know the girl that hangs out with ... (Aug '10) Mar 8 Vernon S Icke-USA... 5
stabbing at sk8 park (Jul '16) Feb 25 Tourist location 2
One night stand Feb '17 Becky 5

Fredericksburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fredericksburg Mortgages