Frederick readies to push out prairie...

Frederick readies to push out prairie dogs

There are 3 comments on the LongmontFYI story from Feb 23, 2012, titled Frederick readies to push out prairie dogs. In it, LongmontFYI reports that:

Frederick plans to kill off its two largest prairie dog colonies starting March 5, at a cost of up to $20,000. And before then -- the date hasn't yet been set -- town officials will meet with the neighbors of the to-be-treated land, to see if they also want to hire the same exterminator at the same rates -- $2.60 per burrow in most areas, or $7.50 ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LongmontFYI.

Denver, CO

#1 Feb 28, 2012
This eradication is not for development. The mayor of Frederick claims this is a public health issue. But research found that sprinkling pesticide on the colony eliminates fleas and stops the spread of disease within colonies. This is a cheap and effective solution if this is truly a public health issue. There is currently a petition against this action at if you'd like to sign and share it with others:

Roswell, NM

#2 Feb 29, 2012
I have given up on mankind. I now know why I will not support Colorado tourism. It is determined to kill wildlife that once roamed the prairies. By killing species that are deemed unnecessary by politicians endangers the fragil eco-system that is
failing, ever so quickly.
Myths by ignorant people prevail. Instead of educating themselves about the species, they follow a road that will someday end in ruin.
Leave the Prairie Dogs alone.
" A nation is judged by it's inhumanity to living creatures"
The King

Lees Summit, MO

#3 Mar 10, 2012
Get real there days of roaming the prairie are over,you should be ashamed of yourself putting a prairie dog in front of what's best for the people.I have a funny feeling you don't eat meat and drive a electric car and you don't like people that don't think like you.Anyway im hungry so im going to shoot me a prairie dog and put him on the grill with some glazed cat.YUM-YUM Nobody cares if you come back to colorado or not so please go somewhere else.BYE !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frederick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News After emotional hearing, bill to decriminalize ... Tue yidfellas v USA 1
Looking for snow flakes Mar 14 Jasong7092 1
New businesses at Prague Center Mar 2 Aok 1
News Platte River Power Authority, Longmont and Love... Feb 22 Solarman 1
News Man fatally stabs pit bull to stop dog fight (Aug '07) Feb '18 bloodfleshbones 517
News Longmont couple plead guilty in neglect of disa... Feb '18 bambi 1
News Fort Lupton, Frederick police report Dec. 19 to 26 (Dec '16) Dec '16 Angel_Rae15 1

Frederick Jobs

Personal Finance

Frederick Mortgages