Want to feel the sunshine from First Solar? Bend over.

Posted in the Frazier Park Forum

Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Dec 31, 2011
Gorman George

Frazier Park, CA

#1 Dec 31, 2011
The Mountain Enterprise Online ( http://www.mountainenterprise.com/ ) of December 31 reports that First Solar, Inc. fired nearly half of its work force on Friday, Dec. 30.

After running paid advertisements in the Enterprise "lavishing praise on itself for providing jobs in the area, and quoting workers' comments about how important the jobs have been to their lives" -- and receiving permits from L.A. and Kern Counties and massive loan guarantees from the federal government "based largely on the industry's promises to bring increased jobs" -- First Solar gave nearly half its Antelope Valley work force pink slips.

The Enterprise article notes that the Antelope Valley Press quoted a First Solar foreman as saying the firings have been management's plan for several months.

Really, folks, did anyone seriously think First Solar WOULDN'T give the community the shaft? Stay tuned -- this is only the beginning of their game.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frazier Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr RiccardoFire 200,586
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 12 hr Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 21 hr Tank ever 7,926
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Aug 26 matches lighters 15,961
Sara Ybarra in the can! (Sep '12) Aug 19 jessica love 4
Do you approve of Kevin McCarthy as Representat... (Dec '11) Aug 14 Lehigh 7
Women drugged, raped in Frazier Park bars Aug 13 A girl 2
•••
•••
•••

Frazier Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Frazier Park People Search