A sad fate for a hungry bear

Jul 29, 2008 Read more: TwinCities.com 47
Here is a story of a bear literally caught in the candy jar, but with a tragic ending. Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: May 08

Minneapolis, MN

#43 Aug 1, 2008
Fred Hamilton wrote:
Reading the story of the killing the bear because it had a jar on its hear makes me want to vomit.
Don't you American ever think of ANYTHING other than killing ?
A normal civilised country would dart the bear with a tranquillizer.
Boy what a bunch of sickies.
These sad individuals should be charged by an animal rights organisation and made to apologise to the world for their incompetence..
Or maybe shot too.
Fredrick Hamilton, Cyprus.
Don't Americans think of anything but killing? What kind of question is that? You obviously read the article. Did you read the comments that followed?

Since: Jun 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#44 Aug 1, 2008
...because if we wandered into the bear community we would get coffee and donuts?
Franklin Adams

Fargo, ND

#45 Aug 1, 2008
Nothing better than bear meat roasted over an open fire. Delicious!
Franklin Adams

Fargo, ND

#47 Aug 6, 2008
Steve Hettinger wrote:
<quoted text>Typical response I would expect from somebody on the wrong side of the Red River
Live in MN, work in ND. I would never say that there is a right side or wrong side of the river. Taxes are much lower in ND and they have all that oil! A billion dollar surplus this year, they might eliminate state income tax like Alaska, SD, Florida, Texas and the other state that I cannot remember.

Have you ever had bear meat? It is pretty good.
JMD

Karlstad, MN

#48 Aug 12, 2008
I agree, nothing better than greasy bear meat!!
ANIMAL LOVER

Bigfork, MN

#49 Aug 21, 2008
I think that the bear should of had atleast A chance in life all it was doing was what its mother taught it when it was growing up would you do that to a innocent child to?, animals have a right to live in this world the dnr could've tranquilized it and helped it but no.. how dumb
native american

Detroit Lakes, MN

#50 Aug 26, 2008
some people dont read the whole story. the nearest tranquilizer was 2 hours away and the bear most likely wouldnt have survived. what was done was the most humane thing considering just how dangerous a bear really is. how wouldyou feel if this bear in his preasant state had gotten hold of a child. then the topics would be differant. some people just dont get it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frazee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Curt's Lawn Service Jan '15 anda 1
What to do in DL-Ogema area? Nov '14 CBR 1
Review: Lakeland Veterinary Clinic - William M ... (Oct '10) Jul '14 Doug H 3
News John Heinecke letter: DL should say - bye-bye' ... (Sep '06) Jul '14 SUPERintendent 19
News Minnesota veteran treats service dog incident a... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Navy Guy 1
News Twin Cities men have style, and he has proof (Nov '12) Nov '12 CRASSUS 1
News Mae Engle (Oct '12) Oct '12 Mary Peters 1
More from around the web

Frazee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]