Bear killed after getting jar stuck on head

Full story: TwinCities.com

A wild black bear showed up at Itasca State Park July 21, 2008 with a clear plastic jar stuck on its head.
Comments
101 - 109 of 109 Comments Last updated Jun 30, 2009
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Clint

Chanhassen, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2008

Judged:

Seems to me the only issue here is the DNR shoots bears like this and if you the homeowner shoots a bear breaking up your house you will get charged!

Either a bear is a protected animal and everything is done to save them or allow everyone including non-DNR people to shoot one if it's on your property doing damage or a threat.

The DNR could have used a helicopter to fly over the bear to get close enough to tranquilize it. Spending money to fly over to save it might be justified if they are protected. being they didn't do that I guess bears arn't that important and nothing but a big stinky pig like animal of which there are to many of.
Maurice

Groningen, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2008

Judged:

It's amazing that we can put man on the moon, but that we're not capable to tranquilize a bear entering a town so it has to be put down.

Since: Mar 08

Zimmerman, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2008

Judged:

Progressive Person wrote:
No wonder my grandparents moved to CA from MN. You guys are nothing but rubes. Just because you live in the sticks does not mean you do not have access to information from around the world. Your way of life and thinking is not common. This country has had enough of people like you and your backward ways. That is why we will be electing a progressive and not another NRA nut job. You are an embartassment to America.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
Mohandas Gandhi
Lol...in India, children starve to death, and Cattle are sacred...great Example, citing Gahndi.

I will go with the Backwoods Rubes for examples of human progress...thanks anyway!
Romper Room

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2008

Judged:

No wonder my grandparents moved to CA from MN. You guys are nothing but rubes. Just because you live in the sticks does not mean you do not have access to information from around the world. Your way of life and thinking is not common. This country has had enough of people like you and your backward ways. That is why we will be electing a progressive and not another NRA nut job. You are an embartassment to America.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
Mohandas Gandhi
Now THAT'S funny!

A Californian talking about how Minnesotans are an embarrasment to America. Take a poll, I'd bet 80% of the rest of the country would be happy selling California to Mexico or watching it fall into the ocean.
Clint

Chanhassen, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2008

Judged:

Glad you moved to California where goverment is your "mommy" telling you you cannot eat fast food, it's real bad for you ya know.

Were gonna have you on a strict veggie diet!!

You will grow up to be big and strong eating the greens.

It would be real nice if California would slide into the Pacific!

==========
Mohandas Gandhi
mdj

Gloucester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2008

Mohandas Gandhi
Amen. Couldn't agree with you more.
mdj

Gloucester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2008

Interesting I replied to topic #105 immediately and how it ended up not under 105 but at 111 is odd.. Anyway. I hope we got our points across. The world is changing and MOST people are against animal killing unless extremely necessary, which this was not. Its the hunters and just mean people who like to kill. Look at the responses from these people who like the killing. That says it all...
skylar

Perham, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2009

well, it was 400 miles away
Motley Larry

Motley, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2009

It was a stupid bear, get over it, he had no damn business putting his head in a jar. Natures way of weeding out stupid bears.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Frazee Discussions

Search the Frazee Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Minnesota veteran treats service dog incident a... Jul 20 Navy Guy 1
Restaurant News: Burger Time latest joint to sq... (Sep '09) Jun 27 Randy 11
Lake Park mayor agrees to plead guilty to charg... Jun 26 Lake Park Native 2
Hawley teen sentenced in turtle burning (Sep '06) Jun '14 Yodel 20
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Jun '14 doomsayer2014 847
Jeff Johnson Gets GOP Endorsement for MN Governor Jun '14 Alan Stuart Franken 6
Twin Cities men have style, and he has proof (Nov '12) Nov '12 CRASSUS 1
•••
•••
•••
Frazee Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Frazee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000