Bear killed after getting jar stuck o...

Bear killed after getting jar stuck on head

There are 109 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2008, titled Bear killed after getting jar stuck on head. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A wild black bear showed up at Itasca State Park July 21, 2008 with a clear plastic jar stuck on its head.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Clint

Saint Paul, MN

#106 Jul 31, 2008
Seems to me the only issue here is the DNR shoots bears like this and if you the homeowner shoots a bear breaking up your house you will get charged!

Either a bear is a protected animal and everything is done to save them or allow everyone including non-DNR people to shoot one if it's on your property doing damage or a threat.

The DNR could have used a helicopter to fly over the bear to get close enough to tranquilize it. Spending money to fly over to save it might be justified if they are protected. being they didn't do that I guess bears arn't that important and nothing but a big stinky pig like animal of which there are to many of.
Maurice

Groningen, Netherlands

#107 Jul 31, 2008
It's amazing that we can put man on the moon, but that we're not capable to tranquilize a bear entering a town so it has to be put down.

Consistent

Since: Mar 08

Zimmerman, MN

#108 Jul 31, 2008
Progressive Person wrote:
No wonder my grandparents moved to CA from MN. You guys are nothing but rubes. Just because you live in the sticks does not mean you do not have access to information from around the world. Your way of life and thinking is not common. This country has had enough of people like you and your backward ways. That is why we will be electing a progressive and not another NRA nut job. You are an embartassment to America.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
Mohandas Gandhi
Lol...in India, children starve to death, and Cattle are sacred...great Example, citing Gahndi.

I will go with the Backwoods Rubes for examples of human progress...thanks anyway!
Romper Room

United States

#109 Jul 31, 2008
No wonder my grandparents moved to CA from MN. You guys are nothing but rubes. Just because you live in the sticks does not mean you do not have access to information from around the world. Your way of life and thinking is not common. This country has had enough of people like you and your backward ways. That is why we will be electing a progressive and not another NRA nut job. You are an embartassment to America.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
Mohandas Gandhi
Now THAT'S funny!

A Californian talking about how Minnesotans are an embarrasment to America. Take a poll, I'd bet 80% of the rest of the country would be happy selling California to Mexico or watching it fall into the ocean.
Clint

Saint Paul, MN

#110 Jul 31, 2008
Glad you moved to California where goverment is your "mommy" telling you you cannot eat fast food, it's real bad for you ya know.

Were gonna have you on a strict veggie diet!!

You will grow up to be big and strong eating the greens.

It would be real nice if California would slide into the Pacific!

==========
Mohandas Gandhi
mdj

Gloucester, MA

#111 Jul 31, 2008
Mohandas Gandhi
Amen. Couldn't agree with you more.
mdj

Gloucester, MA

#113 Aug 1, 2008
Interesting I replied to topic #105 immediately and how it ended up not under 105 but at 111 is odd.. Anyway. I hope we got our points across. The world is changing and MOST people are against animal killing unless extremely necessary, which this was not. Its the hunters and just mean people who like to kill. Look at the responses from these people who like the killing. That says it all...
skylar

Perham, MN

#114 Jun 29, 2009
well, it was 400 miles away
Motley Larry

Deerwood, MN

#115 Jun 30, 2009
It was a stupid bear, get over it, he had no damn business putting his head in a jar. Natures way of weeding out stupid bears.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frazee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Full Throttle Cycle (Jul '15) Jul '15 Frustrated 1
Please Help (May '15) May '15 nombre 1
Review: Curt's Lawn Service (Jan '15) May '15 The Ace of Spades 2
What to do in DL-Ogema area? (Nov '14) Nov '14 CBR 1
Review: Lakeland Veterinary Clinic - William M ... (Oct '10) Jul '14 Doug H 2
News John Heinecke letter: DL should say - bye-bye' ... (Sep '06) Jul '14 SUPERintendent 19
News Twin Cities men have style, and he has proof (Nov '12) Nov '12 CRASSUS 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frazee Mortgages