Frazee girl hurt when bullet richocet...

Frazee girl hurt when bullet richocets off rock

There are 11 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 5, 2008, titled Frazee girl hurt when bullet richocets off rock. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A bullet bounced off a rock and hit a 15-year-old Frazee girl in the face Sunday afternoon, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Dan

Minneapolis, MN

#1 May 5, 2008
I thought they "filed" charges LOL
GunMan

Plymouth, MN

#2 May 5, 2008
What is a 13 Year Old Kid Doiing Shooting a Rifle in an UnSupervised Situation?

Press charges against the parents of the kid that pulled the trigger. they should be held responsible.
Charlton Heston

Minnetonka, MN

#3 May 5, 2008
The NRA thinks this is a good thing having an unsupervised teenager playing with a gun. More guns. More guns. We all need more guns.
Red Ryder

Monroe, LA

#4 May 5, 2008
Charlton Heston wrote:
The NRA thinks this is a good thing having an unsupervised teenager playing with a gun. More guns. More guns. We all need more guns.
really? where have they said that?

All4GunRights

Atlanta, GA

#5 May 5, 2008
I TOTALLY AGREE GunMan.I would think that if cities can enforce a "social" ordinance charge, then the same should apply here. Parents should be held accountable "criminally" for these types of situations. There is no reason why charges shouldn't be filed...against the parents!!
H Smith

Chippewa Falls, WI

#6 May 5, 2008
Charlton Heston wrote:
You have been misinformed, if you think that is what the NRA is about. They support education of young sportsmen, with supervision. The parents may be the ones to blame if the child had the gun with their knowledge.
Red Ryder

Monroe, LA

#7 May 5, 2008
yep, that evil NRA. suppressing knowledge from people on the safe usage of firearms:

When using or storing a gun, always follow these NRA rules:

>>>>Know your target and what is beyond.<<<<

Be absolutely sure you have identified your target beyond any doubt. Equally important, be aware of the area beyond your target. This means observing your prospective area of fire before you shoot. Never fire in a direction in which there are people or any other potential for mishap. Think first. Shoot second.

http://www.nrahq.org/education/guide.asp

What is The Eddie Eagle GunSafeŽ Program?:

The Eddie Eagle GunSafeŽ Program teaches children in pre-K through third grade four important steps to take if they find a gun. These steps are presented by the program's mascot, Eddie EagleŽ, in an easy-to-remember format consisting of the following simple rules:

If you see a gun:
STOP!
Don't Touch.
Leave the Area.
Tell an Adult.

http://www.nrahq.org/safety/eddie/

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#8 May 5, 2008
This poor girl! Thank goodness the bullet didn't kill her. My prayers for her full recovery with minimal permanent damage.
Charlton Heston

Minnetonka, MN

#9 May 5, 2008
Pressing charges against the reckless parents doesn't help the poor girl who got hit by the bullet. Apparently the gun owner and his kid didn't get the message or was indeed suppressed of that knowledge.
Charlton Heston

Minnetonka, MN

#10 May 5, 2008
I guess somehow Eddie Eagle's message didn't reach these guys either. From today's Star Tribune:

The Belle Plaine man who fatally shot his 8-year-old son in the chest last month while turkey hunting had alcohol and marijuana in his system at the time, according to a felony second-degree manslaughter charge filed today.

Anthony Klaseus, 39, is also charged with felony reckless discharge of a firearm and two misdemeanor charges, trespassing and hunting turkeys without a license, according to Sibley County court documents.

According to the charges:

Klaseus told authorities that he told his son, Hunter, to stay put as he circled a field to approach turkeys about 5 p.m. April 19 in a field east of Crahan Lane near County Road 6 in Sibley County.

"Then I heard something snap or break near me, and a large figure rose up," he told authorities. "I thought it was a turkey, and I shot and it went down. I thought I shot the turkey. Then my son jumped back up screaming and then fell back down."

Klaseus and paramedics performed CPR on Hunter, but he died at the scene.

Klaseus blew a breath test at the scene that registered a blood-alcohol concentration of .06 percent, the charges said. A urine test later showed that he also had marijuana in his system, although the exact concentration won't be known for a few weeks.

At the scene, authorities found two 12-packs of beer, three six-packs of beer, an empty 24-pack of beer and a marijuana pipe in Klaseus' truck, the charges show. The packs of beer contained empty and full cans.
Red Ryder

Monroe, LA

#11 May 5, 2008
Charlton Heston wrote:
I guess somehow Eddie Eagle's message didn't reach these guys either. From today's Star Tribune:
The Belle Plaine man who fatally shot his 8-year-old son in the chest last month while turkey hunting had alcohol and marijuana in his system at the time, according to a felony second-degree manslaughter charge filed today.
Anthony Klaseus, 39, is also charged with felony reckless discharge of a firearm and two misdemeanor charges, trespassing and hunting turkeys without a license, according to Sibley County court documents.
According to the charges:
Klaseus told authorities that he told his son, Hunter, to stay put as he circled a field to approach turkeys about 5 p.m. April 19 in a field east of Crahan Lane near County Road 6 in Sibley County.
"Then I heard something snap or break near me, and a large figure rose up," he told authorities. "I thought it was a turkey, and I shot and it went down. I thought I shot the turkey. Then my son jumped back up screaming and then fell back down."
Klaseus and paramedics performed CPR on Hunter, but he died at the scene.
Klaseus blew a breath test at the scene that registered a blood-alcohol concentration of .06 percent, the charges said. A urine test later showed that he also had marijuana in his system, although the exact concentration won't be known for a few weeks.
At the scene, authorities found two 12-packs of beer, three six-packs of beer, an empty 24-pack of beer and a marijuana pipe in Klaseus' truck, the charges show. The packs of beer contained empty and full cans.
again, I fail to see how the NRA is related to some dope-smoking drunk shooting his kid.

sorry to hear of your demise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frazee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sheriff: Man Shot Dead In Trailer Park, Juvenil... Aug 7 Parden Pard 6
What to do in DL-Ogema area? (Nov '14) Jul 22 James Lynn Diatelevi 2
News Callaway Liquor Store takes advantage of tribal... (Feb '09) Apr '17 Wilbur 5
News Callaway teen accused of rape (May '09) Apr '17 Wilbur 17
News One dead, several hospitalized in carbon monoxi... (Dec '16) Dec '16 bonnie 1
Please Help (May '15) May '15 nombre 1
News Twin Cities men have style, and he has proof (Nov '12) Nov '12 CRASSUS 1

Frazee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frazee Mortgages