Rich's BP service station in Franklin...

Rich's BP service station in Franklinville is crooked!!

Posted in the Franklinville Forum

Fed up

Buffalo, NY

#1 Aug 28, 2007
Not more than 2 weeks ago, I took my car in to get inspected at Rich's BP service station located on Rt. 16 in the town of Franklinville. I was surprised when I was approached and told that I needed new ball joints and that I needed new belts. They quoted me over $400.00 for repairs done by them. I told them that I would get back to them and drove out of their parking lot and straight to another service station. After checking my car out, I was told that there was nothing wrong with my car and I got my inspection sticker.

Over the next few days, I voiced my concerns over this matter about Rich's to quite a few people. An ex-employee of Rich's told me that he has seen them actually take the bar (used to check for ball joint reliability) to manipulate the joints into needing repair. "It's an easy way to make quick cash", I was told. Another told me that when she took in her truck to be fixed by them, they ended up breaking a part and charged her for their mistake. They also are known for not giving back the used part you paid them to replace. "It's because they never changed what needed to be changed. A little oil on a belt makes it look new to the untrained eye of the average customer." I was told by this ex employee.

Because of what I have recently learned, I refuse to buy so much as a soda from them. How can this business get away with what they are doing when people know of their crooked ways?? I advise those who need any repair on their autos to drive the extra few miles and get the job done right. Otherwise you're going to end up with a steep bill and what needed to be fixed won't be.
customer

Buffalo, NY

#2 Aug 29, 2007
I have had work done at rich's and I never had any problems with the service in fact they have only been very honest with me.
Sorry

Tonawanda, NY

#3 Apr 15, 2008
Ya know its a shame the Rich's did this to you and yes there is good/honest people out there believe it or not ...
Another rip off is Shur Fine for $100 I can go to Walmart and get 10 bags of groceries to feed my family. At Shurfine you are lucky if you get 3 or 4. But what do you expect for someone who just about owns the town of Franklinville and being the olny food store other than Olean or Yorkshire she gets away with it. She is filling her pocket while emptying ours. As far as Riches the ONLY satisfied customers are there good friends or family and the previous comment made is obviously written by them themselves.
Also lets take a look at Franklinville School. Some children would give anything to go to college and the High School Principal is bringing in college scouts on SCHOOL TIME to talk about his daughter the basketball star !!!!!!
What happened to running a school building on SCHOOL TIME...... Then at a local high school sports game the principal and another local well off person were making arrangements for a "Letter of Reccomendation" for one of the children from the principal.. Now thats the place to brown nose ..... Heck with over half the team, not being able to afford to go to college.
Where are all your peoples morals, or do you guys even know what that means ?????? I am sorry about your bad fix-it-shop expierence. Next time ask for refrences and shop around and ALWAYS get a 2nd oppinion...
screwed

Buffalo, NY

#4 Apr 16, 2008
I hate surefine too but im stuck going their to get gas because i refuse to go to riches because they scammed me too and the fat bimbos at kwik fill make you wait while they finish eating their subway subs before deciding to come out and pump your gas. and when they finaly do come out the fat asses lean up against your car while pumping. wish the goose was still around.
Discusting

Tonawanda, NY

#5 Apr 16, 2008
screwed wrote:
I hate surefine too but im stuck going their to get gas because i refuse to go to riches because they scammed me too and the fat bimbos at kwik fill make you wait while they finish eating their subway subs before deciding to come out and pump your gas. and when they finaly do come out the fat asses lean up against your car while pumping. wish the goose was still around.
yes this is all correct also, Riches is a screw job, kwikfill is LAZY slobs that get partial welfare and if they dont work they will be cut off form the system.. I do get gas at Shurfine BUT nothing else from inside. Im not paying anymore for that Rich family to get even richer off my HARD EARNED MONEY !!!! I do travel to Olean or Yorkshire to buy my groceries and thats,that !!
Why do bussiness have to be so dishonest, to HARD WORKING FAMILIES..????
do da

North Tonawanda, NY

#7 May 13, 2013
screw them when they run a store and gas station but wont let the customer use the restroom thats f---ed just fill up buy some beer then move on no you cant piss here!!!!!!!!!!
Franklinville

Olean, NY

#8 May 23, 2013
do da wrote:
screw them when they run a store and gas station but wont let the customer use the restroom thats f---ed just fill up buy some beer then move on no you cant piss here!!!!!!!!!!
SHURFINE is not owned by a lady just so you know it's owned by corporate "Olean Wholesale" for the past 2 years so you might wanna get your facts in order...
spankdaazz

Hatfield, MA

#9 May 25, 2013
Franklinville wrote:
<quoted text>
SHURFINE is not owned by a lady just so you know it's owned by corporate "Olean Wholesale" for the past 2 years so you might wanna get your facts in order...
maybe you should check the date of that post before you going running your lips and the post you tagged said THEM not SHE or HER. And Shur-Fine AKA Fresh Market is a joke a huge f**king joke. The cashiers are retarted and rude along with most of the managers all the good ones quit because of the crap that goes on there. If I can't get it at the dollar stores ill make the drive to Olean atleast there if by chance they over charge me theyre quick to fix it where at shur-fine ya stand in line for 30 minutes then its like pulling teeth to get them to fix it last time I went in there 5 out of 7 items rang up wrong w2g that's a great job your doing!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklinville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dan Brooks 2 hr kid 2
rachel woodin (Sep '13) Aug 10 reader 445 5
Anne Jacobson gets park program kids kicked out... Aug 10 Anne Jacobson 1
News US reportedly may abstain from UN vote condemni... (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 9
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
News Cuba remains set in its ways (Apr '15) Jul '16 WE JUST DONT CARE 36
girls Jul '16 chris g 1

Franklinville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Franklinville Mortgages