Legislature awards three contracts fo...

Legislature awards three contracts for timber harvest

There are 1 comment on the Buffalo News story from Dec 12, 2008, titled Legislature awards three contracts for timber harvest. In it, Buffalo News reports that:

The Cattaraugus County Legislature voted, 14-5, Wednesday to award three contracts that will result on $49,254 in revenue for a timber harvest from the county's 2,000-acre holdings.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Buffalo News.

Let the trees LIVE

Buffalo, NY

#1 Dec 16, 2008
This is total BS!!! Mr. Burrell says that cutting down all the trees will allow other trees to grow?!? Yeah..maybe in an area where conservation is observed seriously. Take a drive into the state land off of peet/bush hill roads. 4 years ago it was a beautiful area housing many Great blue heron nests. We (my family and I) nicknamed this place the "Great woods". Large old growth trees and rare plants such as the Trillium called it home. it was a beautiful habitat. Now it is a wasteland. It has been 4 years and I have yet to see so much as a weed grow in the areas where awesome trees once stood. Maybe they should concentrate more on replanting the areas they have already mutilated and not worry about destroying more precious wildlife habitat. There isn't much wilderness left in NYS people. If we allow these money hungry freaks to keep doing what they have been, our precious land will turn into buffalo. Find your money elsewhere and stop taking it out on the trees!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklinville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dan Zawatski auto garage route 16 Jul 26 JohnnyPepsico 4
Discovery chanel show ( A Haunting ) (Oct '06) Jul 21 Carheadhinsdale 337
stephen colley jr (aka toad) (Apr '13) Jul 21 Carheadhinsdale 3
Can someone tell me what her actor name is beca... Jun '17 Anonymous 1
News 3 Franklinville Family Members Charged in Meth ... Apr '17 Metwo 1
Jen childs and eric keech (Jan '17) Jan '17 Concernedparent 2
pedophile Steven Vollmer (Nov '16) Nov '16 anonymous savior 1

Franklinville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance