First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#1 Sep 12, 2010
....anytime before winter would be stellar!(out past Case Lake)
Truth

Middleport, NY

#2 Sep 13, 2010
Not gonna happen this year. Hope you have 4WD. Contact the news. Maybe they can help by giving our headache a little publicity. A nice camera shot would be where the pavement is broken up into a near one-lane and the signs that have been put up, encouraging the repair of these so-called roads. We pay property taxes for paved roads, yet we don't have them. They should lower our taxes until the roads are fixed. Another argument you can pose is that these affected roads are a main school bus route. Child endangerment perhaps?

Location hidden

#3 Sep 13, 2010
Right on Truth!! Dangerous indeed! Taxes due soon, pretty ridiculous. Guess you have to live in the hoity-toity section by the lake to get a decent road to travel. From what i remember, that portion did NOT need paving half as bad as the rest. I do have 4WD, however, I'm sure the maintenance fees for my car wont be paid for by the county as their so-called ":roads" eat up this working woman's car. Hmmm, yup... I'd say further action is required!!
Truth

Corfu, NY

#4 Sep 20, 2010
Today they actually started patching the road! Hooray!! Let's see if they do it the right way and not half-assed. Thank you to those who fought for this much needed work. You succeeded! Pat yourselves on the back for a job well done!

Location hidden

#5 Sep 21, 2010
Job well-done?? The plows will have those tiny half-assed patches ripped off the rd by December! WTH is going on with this!! What a slap in the face....it will be even worse come spring...instead of sending a check for taxes, ima send a bill for new tires, tierods and struts to the county
Truth

Middleport, NY

#6 Sep 23, 2010
When I said "Job well done", I was referring to those who called in with the complaints, put up the signs and refused to stop harrassing Catt. Co. until the affected road received attention.

I am not applauding the county for the crummy patch work. I realize that the job done is no where near what we had expected and hoped for, but hey..it's a start. The signs are still up and people are still calling.

Did you notice that there is a huge hole(capable of considerable auto damage) in the middle of a lane that they drive past countless times in order to patch the affected areas? It grows bigger by the day from their work trucks. My bet is that it gets attention next year when there's a sign with an arrow pointing at it.

Location hidden

#7 Nov 15, 2010
I saw Luke Moretti out and bout last week and told him tha scenario...(channel 4 news) he said he was gunna head out there and get tha story, idk if he did- havent watched tha news......
you are wrong

East Amherst, NY

#8 Nov 20, 2010
lefthandstand wrote:
I saw Luke Moretti out and bout last week and told him tha scenario...(channel 4 news) he said he was gunna head out there and get tha story, idk if he did- havent watched tha news......
If you don't like the condition of the Roads -i would suggest you Ride a Horse ----You Moron!!!!-----or Pay for it yourself !!!!!!

Location hidden

#9 Nov 22, 2010
hey dinkus!! you ARE wrong!!! I own my home and pay taxes!!! r u one of the guys that should be out there paving it??! If not- can it
you are wrong

East Amherst, NY

#10 Nov 22, 2010
lefthandstand wrote:
hey dinkus!! you ARE wrong!!! I own my home and pay taxes!!! r u one of the guys that should be out there paving it??! If not- can it
Watch who your calling a Dinkus=====Moron!---i might Pave over your yard while we are Fixing your Road========LOL

Location hidden

#11 Nov 22, 2010
i have a horseshoe driveway, I will take some paving please! bahahahaa b4 tha snow flies
you are wrong

Buffalo, NY

#12 Nov 23, 2010
I will think about it!!
Want To Know

Avon, MA

#13 Nov 25, 2010
My go d I thought this was a Forum not a fighting ring......... People need to GROW UP!!!!
All Towns are ridculous we pay out the ass for taxes and get shit in return...
Hell in Machias they even took our Weekly household Garbage p/u away and our spring trash clean up to....
For what we pay in taxes where the hell is all the money going to???
Ohhhhhh yes and dont forget one of the town employees who uses town equipment for his own personal needs at his residence...
Guess i will have to keep my camera powered up and get tons of pic. next time.........

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#14 Nov 25, 2010
It's one person who needs to grow up. Just uses different "names".

Where is the money going? NYC. Thank those who voted for Paterson, and now Cuomo. It's going to get much worse!
Want To Know

Avon, MA

#15 Nov 26, 2010
MyTwoCentz wrote:
It's one person who needs to grow up. Just uses different "names".
Where is the money going? NYC. Thank those who voted for Paterson, and now Cuomo. It's going to get much worse!
I TOTALLY AGRRE with you on all .... People abuse the internet and cant grow the @uck up......
Paterson & Cuomo Suck and we are all in trouble from this election......

Thanks, Voters

Location hidden

#16 Nov 29, 2010
hey "want to know" im not offended by "you are wrong" I dont look at this as a fighting ring, although i see you have gotten into a few little quarrels on here. Dont let something sooo tedious ruin your day!! and Patterson and
Cuomo do suck!!
Yuck

Buffalo, NY

#17 Nov 29, 2010
I think the roads are great!.Quit complaining!!!
wnted to know

Avon, MA

#18 Dec 2, 2010
ye u would think they are great....
You prob. live off the system and us HARDWORKING folks..... And drive a car I BOUGHT FOR YOU....

MY car is hard to keep up with cause the roads are beating the SHIT out of it.....

Where are all our HIGH TAX dollars going to??

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#19 Dec 2, 2010
I was told this:

Report the "trouble spots" to the town. If they aren't fixed within a reasonable time and your car needs repairs due to the affected areas, they have to pay your bill.

Does this hold any truth? If so, I plan on being on the phone alot this morning!
wanted to know

Avon, MA

#20 Dec 2, 2010
I have heard it BOTH ways......
(1) They have to fix repairs and.....
(2) They do not have to fix them.....

But these roads in CATT. County SUCK !!!!!

Way to go Catt. County

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklinville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Discovery chanel show ( A Haunting ) (Oct '06) Sep 20 Stacy 333
Dan Brooks Sep 1 duh 5
rachel woodin (Sep '13) Aug '16 reader 445 5
Anne Jacobson gets park program kids kicked out... Aug '16 Anne Jacobson 1
News US reportedly may abstain from UN vote condemni... (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 9
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
News Cuba remains set in its ways (Apr '15) Jul '16 WE JUST DONT CARE 36

Franklinville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Franklinville Mortgages