Western NY baby dies after mom leaves him in car all day -

Full story: Newsday

A 5-month-old western New York boy is dead after his mother left him in her car all day when she forgot to drop him off at day care.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of215
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Centerport

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

Mom's sentence should be 1-day in car on hottest,sunny
day!

Show no Mercy!

Since: Apr 07

Lon Gisland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

How can you forget to drop your child off at daycare?
June

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

Do not be judgemental.

We all have best intentions and sometimes fall short.
This is a tragic accident!
Amanda

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

Judged:

How on earth could you forget your child is still in the car. I don't care how busy you are, that just doesn't seem possible.
Brown Eyes

Stony Brook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

Judged:

drunkenlimeybastard wrote:
How can you forget to drop your child off at daycare?
Really. And how can you not wonder at some point throughout the day about how your five month old is doing at said daycare.

She didn't once say to herself, I wonder how Junior's doing?

I'm surprised nobody from the daycare called to see why the child was not there.
Commack

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

June wrote:
Do not be judgemental.
Yeah....your correct!

Drugs must be prevailant in Chicago
too!!!
Summer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

It's a terrible, tragic story. And, although my heart goes out to the family, I just don't understand cases like this where the parent simply forgets. Even throughout the day...did she once think of her child throughout her day at work? I can't imagine that something wouldn't trigger her thought process and make her think about where her child was, or who dropped him off, or that maybe she forgot and he's still in the car. I think about my kids throughout the day at work. I don't know. It seems so careless, yet this kind of thing appears to happen frequently. I'm certain the mother is devastated and will no doubt struggle the rest of her life for such a horrible accident. My thoughts and prayers are with she and her family.
Faust

Addison, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

June wrote:
Do not be judgemental.
You have got to be kidding us.

Not an accident, its MURDER
faust

Addison, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

She just gave birth to the kid % MONTHS ago, how do you forget that!

Since: Apr 07

Lon Gisland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

Faust wrote:
<quoted text>
You have got to be kidding us.
Not an accident, its MURDER
No, it's not, it's criminally negligent homicide, the criminal part being the negligence of leaving the child in the car.

“take a deep breath”

Since: Jul 07

Huntington Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

"Brayden was the 19th child to die in a hot car this summer in the U.S. and the first in New York state, Null said.

The number of such deaths has risen dramatically since the mid-1990s, totaling around 340 in the past 10 years. Experts said the increase coincides with the practice of putting children in the back seat, where they are more easily forgotten."

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE??!!??

How do you FORGET that your baby is in the back seat?

And others leave them on purpose because they don't want to bring them into the store or don't have day care while they work. How can people not KNOW the danger?

Poor babies. They depend on us for everything and we are a nation of IDIOTS!

It's beyond sad.

“take a deep breath”

Huntington Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

Summer wrote:
It's a terrible, tragic story. And, although my heart goes out to the family, I just don't understand cases like this where the parent simply forgets. Even throughout the day...did she once think of her child throughout her day at work? I can't imagine that something wouldn't trigger her thought process and make her think about where her child was, or who dropped him off, or that maybe she forgot and he's still in the car. I think about my kids throughout the day at work. I don't know. It seems so careless, yet this kind of thing appears to happen frequently. I'm certain the mother is devastated and will no doubt struggle the rest of her life for such a horrible accident. My thoughts and prayers are with she and her family.
I'm with you. I always know where my son is. Especially when he was a baby (he's almost 3 now) I knew where he was every second and I called to check on him at least once a day. My husband was a SAHD for the first year, then we got a nanny and now he goes to day care. I didn't even like leaving him with my husband (who is safe and responsible). I thought about him constantly, then with the nanny, I called, I did pop-ins. I just don't understand, even suffering from severe sleep deprevation, how you could forget to drop your child off and leave him in the freaking car! I don't know how this woman will ever get over this. I guess I should say "There but for the grace of Gad go I." I would hate to have to learn empathy in a harsher way.
NOW I have to call and check on my baby!

“take a deep breath”

Huntington Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

June wrote:
Do not be judgemental.
I do appreciate your attitude. I am actually working on suspending judgement, but it's HARD! My only motivation is that I don't want the universe to teach me the lesson by having my child harmed through my being careless. It's just, as a parent, so difficult for me to imagine how this could have happened. I always know where my son is, and when he is with me, I am constantly aware of him. Is he awake, is he thirsty, is he wet, is he breathing, why is he crying, why is he not crying?

Anyway, I'm glad you're there. Maybe I'll get there.
Amy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

This just angers me. So many women would love to even BE a mom, and yet this one let her child cook to death because her job came first. What a sad, sad commentary. Day care is just becoming an excuse for a lot of women who shouldn't have had children in the first place if they are so "busy, busy" in her own words.
Amy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

Police said there is another child in the Brol home...
Amy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2007

I guess we all just should pray.
mother_who_cares

Oak Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2007

I find it incredible that you could "forget" about a child. In fact, it's lamest excuse for your child's death I can even IMAGINE. How do you "forget" about your child?! Most mothers that care about their children know where they are at all times, and the children are never far from their minds.

Even if this selfish woman had thought about her child at ANY point during the day, it should have triggered that "uh oh" feeling and she would have gone out to the car to check, just to be sure.

It's obvious that this woman think very little about her children, and the other toddler in the house should be taken away from her, too, before she "forgets" about him, too, someday. I hope the police do the right thing and find out what really went on here. the baby might have been dead before she even got to work. ;)
mother_who_cares

Oak Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2007

I just read another story about this case, where the woman's family tries to "explain away" her behavior.

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/133853....

Neighbors are quoted as describing the woman as "proudly" strutting up and down the street with her children each evening, pushing the baby in a stroller and pulling the toddler in a wagon! I see young families out walking with their children all the time, but the word "proud" isn't one that comes to mind. Maybe "happy", "contentented", "in bliss" but PROUD?!

Obviously her children were nothing more than a trophy to her, which perhaps helps "explain" how she could have simply "forgotten" her child.

I'd like to see her proudly strutting up and down her street NOW, maybe pushing the empty baby carriage?
remedial reading required

Brentwood, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2007

mother_who_cares wrote:
I find it incredible that you could "forget" about a child. In fact, it's lamest excuse for your child's death I can even IMAGINE. How do you "forget" about your child?! Most mothers that care about their children know where they are at all times, and the children are never far from their minds.
Even if this selfish woman had thought about her child at ANY point during the day, it should have triggered that "uh oh" feeling and she would have gone out to the car to check, just to be sure.
It's obvious that this woman think very little about her children, and the other toddler in the house should be taken away from her, too, before she "forgets" about him, too, someday. I hope the police do the right thing and find out what really went on here. the baby might have been dead before she even got to work. ;)
selfish, ignorant, judgemental, arrogant, know-it-all. Let's see, did I forget anything else that describes you? Worry about your own kids while this woman grieves for her mistake, and hope your children don't grow up like you.
Amy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2007

Remedial reading required, mother_who_cares stated her opinion and had some very valid points. YOU are judging her and maybe should place some of that anger on the mom who let her child die, accidental or otherwise! Don't point fingers unless you are pointing them back at yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of215
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Franklinville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Franklinville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••