SPSA votes to raise fees

SPSA votes to raise fees

There are 7 comments on the WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads story from Jan 7, 2009, titled SPSA votes to raise fees. In it, WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads reports that:

Many Hampton Roads residents could be paying a lot more to clean up SPSA's mess.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads.

BURN

Newport News, VA

#1 Jan 7, 2009
we need a trash baron. this has gotten out of hand. someone needs to get a handle on this issue.
Unbelievable

Little Valley, NY

#2 Jan 7, 2009
SPSA is the poster-child for government mismanagement. Typical tipping fees for privately run for-profit facilities are in the $45-60 range. This would have never happened in NC where the local government commission would not have let SPSA run up $250-300 of debt.
Unbelievable

Little Valley, NY

#3 Jan 7, 2009
SPSA is the poster-child for government mismanagement. Typical tipping fees for privately run for-profit facilities are in the $45-60 range. This would have never happened in NC where the local government commission would not have let SPSA run up $250-300 million of debt.
Tom Eaton

Chesapeake, VA

#4 Jan 8, 2009
I would agree with this increase if we STOP receiving all incoming trash from out-of-state or...charge all incoming trash hauling a much greater cost than 5$ per metric ton to our landfills and impose an import tax on said trash. But double the amout is behond all imagination. I'm against it!!!! Looks like trash piling up in the streets again as our econmy falls through the pits.Why not triple it and have all of the residents evicted for forcloser. We are barely hanging on now!.
Omm

Chesapeake, VA

#5 Jan 8, 2009
Out of control spending.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
We all need to be mindful of what small and large govs are doing as well as businesses...
Mad in Norfolk

Portsmouth, VA

#6 Jan 9, 2009
My personal opinion is that Norfolk should offset their new higher tipping fee with an increase in the cost of water filtration for the water sent to Virginia Beach it might get the beach to give up their locked in $58.00/ton capped tipping fee, which is obviously some backroom shady deal from the beach's past, relative to Norfolk's proposed $245 dollar tipping fee and pay their fair share instead of sticking it to the rest of the region again.
appalled

AOL

#7 Jan 12, 2009
suffolk pays nothing. the argument is they host the landfill. well, portsmouth has the rdf plant which burns 54% of ALL the regions trash. where's our break? we get nothing. its time we put these corrupt,arrogent,incompetent people in their place. e-mail dateline, i did. we should refuse to give them any more money.if they get away w/this,our disposal rate would be the highest in the WORLD. public hearing 01/28/09 9:30am. middle of the week. they dont want you there. i will be!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zuni Music Thread (Jun '14) Jan '17 Musikologist 6
News 30-plus horses removed from Zuni home (Jan '09) Sep '16 Bob 74
Medicaid expansion in Virginia (Feb '16) Feb '16 Patient X 1
local lesbian (May '15) Dec '15 Kesha 3
Help me get my husband Thanksgiving Dinner (Nov '15) Nov '15 helpgetturkey 1
A living sacrafice (Sep '15) Oct '15 nodc 4
Don't you wish (Jul '15) Jul '15 Laughing at you 1

Franklin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance