Police identify man buried under pile of peanuts

Calvin W. Branch, 42, of Boykins, worked at the Severn Peanut Company in Newsoms, which is southwest of Franklin. Read more
Tina

United States

#1 Nov 8, 2007
The man found was my son Kevin Wilson Branch's Father. Calvin we love and miss you dearly. Glad you and Kevin got to know each other...Love Tina
Aja Shanley

United States

#2 Nov 8, 2007
That is just weird. How could it have happened?
ELTaylor

Sacramento, CA

#3 Nov 9, 2007
Mr. Branch is the father of my nephew, Calvin Taylor. Although their time together was cut short, I know that he will live on forever in my nephew's heart.
geotge bush

Surrey, Canada

#4 Nov 18, 2007
ahhh, those peanuts are weapons of mass destruction and must be stopped.
Sensible

Pinetops, NC

#5 Dec 14, 2007
geotge bush wrote:
ahhh, those peanuts are weapons of mass destruction and must be stopped.
Real Funny Buthole!!
Tony Gee

West Monroe, LA

#6 Jan 3, 2008
...undisclosed on-lookers reported Mr. Peanut steathlily slipping back into the forest under cover of darkness.
CHRISTIE

United States

#8 Jan 17, 2008
HOW COULD THIS HAD HAPPENED SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE
Donna

AOL

#9 Feb 22, 2008
There needs to be an investigation into this death. His brother, Steve Branch died just a couple months later in a housefire that the family claims was no accident. They are a poor black family in a "Good Ole Boy" town. I smell a rat!
mmg

United States

#10 Jun 11, 2008
I konw both brothers all my life.Mt heart is still with sadness for da family. But God knows best
Jarvette Boone

Mount Gilead, OH

#11 Jul 27, 2008
Tony Gee wrote:
...undisclosed on-lookers reported Mr. Peanut steathlily slipping back into the forest under cover of darkness.
I put my whole name because I want you to know who I am when you read this!! The man that died was my brother! To this day, we still don't know all the facts and what really happened! This is not a joking matter and all you could do was make a joke out of the whole situation! I'm gonna pray for you! Put yourself in our shoes, meaning the family!! If you or anyone else don't have nothing to say that is good or that makes sense, don't say nothing at all!! My heart is hurting everyday because my big brother is gone! You would feel the same way if it was someone in your family! Thank you to all of those that supported us during our time of sorrow and to all of those that supported us when Steve was called home to glory also. Both of them will be missed and are still missed to this day! Justice will be served and we will get answers!!!!!
JOE DARDEN

North Wilkesboro, NC

#12 Oct 20, 2008
when working dangerous jobs use the buddy system.It might take a little longer depending on the work force,but it might save a life.someone to watch your back.
LaTonya West

Suffolk, VA

#13 Apr 28, 2011
It's so sad to look here and see that people actaully thought that my uncles death was a joke. That is some sick mess really. How would you feel if they were your family members gone too soon and you have no answers. This world that we live in is one sad place when people don't have respect for the dead or their grieving family. smh. Uncle Steve and Uncle Calvin ya'll will forver be missed and never ever forgotten!
Erin Schlosser

Hampton, VA

#14 Nov 25, 2013
Still missed by many to this very day. God rests their souls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zuni Music Thread (Jun '14) Mar 26 Musikologist 3
Free employment history? (Nov '13) Feb '15 Mikel 3
Does anyone in Capron Know Marada Deel Feb '15 black Beard 3
News Franklin paper mill closure to cost region $27 ... (Oct '09) Feb '15 Mark p 6
browneyesgirl85 on farmers only.com (Jan '14) Jan '14 Dave 1
News Franklin senior dies of unknown causes (Apr '08) Oct '13 rebekah skowronsk... 32
News Not ready for retirement (Dec '07) Jan '13 yes 2
Franklin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Franklin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]